Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin' good, mate!

Lookin' forward to seeing it finished :)

Glad to see you got the chest sorted out! XD

Thanks very much, and yeah totally stoked to have the chest working now, gonna have to do the EVA add-on again but that's nae much work :D

Man, your work is amazing! Can't wait to see this done... wished I worked as quickly as you do xD

Thanks :D And just need to sit down, get all distractions aside, stick on a film/music/whatever to listen too and get the head down ;)

Just putting this out there, (even though you might already know) the meta's real identification is Agent Maine of the Freelancer program

other than that
you are the bomb at pepping, man! So clean!!!!! I can't even pep a shoulder well! I hope to see moar progress soon! The meta is so cool

-Delta

Just putting this out there, (even though you might already know) the meta's real identification is Agent Maine of the Freelancer program

other than that
you are the bomb at pepping, man! So clean!!!!! I can't even pep a shoulder well! I hope to see moar progress soon! The meta is so cool

-Delta

Aye, I'm likely to have Maine's name subtly on either the chest or helmet tbh.

And thanks i just sit and clear my head then get on with it, if i start messing up i stop for an hour or two rather than get frustrated and worse ;)

All you have to do when you're done is get a voice changer to make it sound like you're snarling and growling, like the real meta XD

Haven't gotten much done recently unfortunately, somewhat low on cash this month but I'm selling some stuff off so come end of the month I should have a couple hundred quid spare to buy parts!

I've started test-moulding the Mk VI helm.

Photo-1416.jpg

Built up a HD CQB by L3X_Blueriver

Photo-1418.jpg

And have one boot pepped ready

Photo-1417.jpg

Should have the other boot and other shin done by the end of the month, will get materials to harden them up and finish the moulding at that point. The first fest I'm planning on going to is the Edinburgh Fringe Festival at the start of August and I seriously doubt the Meta helm will be done for that so I'll use either a standard Mk VI or the CQB (leaning towards the CQB tbh) But I should have the EVA done by October for the MCM Expo which I'm really looking forward too even if it is a 500 mile drive!

Aaaaand I've got to have a gun, the meaner the better....

WIP Brute Shot. Still got to do the ring and the central disk for the other side in pep but then I can fill this bad-boy with expanding foam, make a barrel from a tube, figure the grips out and ask my mate james to make the big blade out of LARP safe stuff so I can actually bap people that try and pounce hug me this time!

Photo-1423.jpg

As big as that Brute is, just put that thing in someones path and they definantly will not be giving you hugs, they couldn't get past it, anyways its looking really nice, It will be a beast when its finished

As big as that Brute is, just put that thing in someones path and they definantly will not be giving you hugs, they couldn't get past it, anyways its looking really nice, It will be a beast when its finished

Heheh true! I'm not a meanie and against hugs, just last time I was at a Con in my Sarge suit some idiot literally jumped on me and bear hugged me hard enough my chestpiece started to crack... If someone asks for a hug I'm totally down for that :)

Aaaand weekend update now I have cash again!

Got my undersuit in the post:

Photo-1440.jpg

And along with that I got plenty of paint so here's the EVA shoulder:

Photo-1441.jpg

The CQB shoulder:

Photo-1445.jpg

Shinpiece:

Photo-1443.jpg

Right Thigh:

Photo-1442.jpg

And all the painted parts together:

Photo-1444.jpg

{EDITED}

Adding in a pic of me testing the look of the left CQB arm, no padding or strapping yet and still needs weathered but I'm happy with it.

Photo-1449.jpg

looks really good, the details and the white armor really look great, did mine all in white also on my Busa build so I love to see others using the same color, keep up the great job

looks really good, the details and the white armor really look great, did mine all in white also on my Busa build so I love to see others using the same color, keep up the great job

Thanks man, was looking at your build there and it's awesome, perfect scaling and so clean looking!

Just a quick update, Realised I'd forgotten one tiny detail on the EVA shoulder, after all, RvB wiki does say Meta was a Recovery agent at one point...

Photo-1457.jpg

Thighpiece fits much nicer this time compared to my Sarge build, much more freedom to move.

Photo-1456.jpg

this looks fantastic! Does need weathering htough, and that CQB shoulder... it looks a bit small. maybe it's the pic, but I think it needs to get a bit bigger...

this looks fantastic! Does need weathering htough, and that CQB shoulder... it looks a bit small. maybe it's the pic, but I think it needs to get a bit bigger...

Thanks very much Boba! Yeah I need to get my hands on good brushes and silver paint to get started on that, plus more chalks for the dirt. I think the CQB maybe looks a bit small due to the EVA being possibly a smidge too big. The CQB one is 10 inches from front to back and just short of 6 inch high so it's pretty big, straight on it looks better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back