Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, after you commented on my thread I decided to take a look at your build, it really is looking pretty awesome, it's cool that you're doing Agent Maine, rather than normal RvB characters, gonna be cool when this is done :)

Aaaand weekend update now I have cash again!

Got my undersuit in the post:

Photo-1440.jpg

Ahh see great minds think alike. I was online tonight shopping for that exact chest protector. I'm with you on dying the "lightish red." Although for a sarge suit those details might work and you can find some paintball slider pants with similar details to match for a lower undersuit.

The build looks fantastic. I had originally planned a meta build but honestly got overwhelmed trying to figure out the right way to do the visor. I'm too much of a perfectionist for it to be anything but completely see through. Who knows, maybe after the Washington build.

Keep up the great work man.

Hey man, after you commented on my thread I decided to take a look at your build, it really is looking pretty awesome, it's cool that you're doing Agent Maine, rather than normal RvB characters, gonna be cool when this is done :)

Hey thanks for looking! :) And yeah, I did Sarge originally as he's standard Mk VI and I needed to ease my way into it, but my second build just had to be Maine, he's my fave!

Ahh see great minds think alike. I was online tonight shopping for that exact chest protector. I'm with you on dying the "lightish red." Although for a sarge suit those details might work and you can find some paintball slider pants with similar details to match for a lower undersuit.

The build looks fantastic. I had originally planned a meta build but honestly got overwhelmed trying to figure out the right way to do the visor. I'm too much of a perfectionist for it to be anything but completely see through. Who knows, maybe after the Washington build.

Keep up the great work man.

Aye it's a great protector, good and comfy, I've got similar styled shorts for it, just without the red and they look pretty good with the thigh-pieces.

Arr the visors the tough bit! I'm planning to get the suit itself done with a HD CQB helm for the Edinburgh Fringe in August, that then leaves me two and a half months after that to work on getting the EVA helm/visor combo and the Brute Shot sorted out before the MCM Expo, hoping that's enough time!

Thanks to you both for the encouragement :D

Best of luck with the visor. I'm hoping it goes well. I'd love to see someone really nail the look with a full see through sheild.

And you've inspired me to rebuild the forearms using your technique. Here's hoping I can pull it off.

Best of luck with the visor. I'm hoping it goes well. I'd love to see someone really nail the look with a full see through sheild.

And you've inspired me to rebuild the forearms using your technique. Here's hoping I can pull it off.

Thanks! My fingers are crossed that it works out ;)

Good luck with that! It gets a bit fiddly at points but I found it well worth the extra effort

Looking great dude! And I see a little bit of rap4 there, gotta love them! Good luck on your visor as well, as I can't wait to see how you do it. Maybe vac form and window tint like an odst visor? Just an option.

Looking great dude! And I see a little bit of rap4 there, gotta love them! Good luck on your visor as well, as I can't wait to see how you do it. Maybe vac form and window tint like an odst visor? Just an option.

Thanks! And yeah a couple of the relatively local peeps I know used them for theirs and I thought they looked great so got a set, so comfy! Heheh, when the visors ebing done I'll be taking pics at every step so I can do a tut if my sneaky plan works out ;) For the tint the plan is Alclad gold airbrush paint, hoping to be able to use two different shades to do the darker/lighter sections in it

{EDITED}

Went home at lunch and found some EVA foam arrived today, started work on the inner thigh flaps before scooting back to work.

Photo-1462.jpg

Quick update, came home from work, chopped up the foam sheets, made the thigh look weathered and battle-damaged then hot-glued the foam in, it's a little tight fitting but I'm happy enough!

Photo-1469.jpg

Photo-1470.jpg

The foam looks good. If it gets too tight it looks like you have a little room to push them toward the outside edge of the bottom. That might give you a good couple centimeters of diameter.

It's looking good. :D

Thanks!

The foam looks good. If it gets too tight it looks like you have a little room to push them toward the outside edge of the bottom. That might give you a good couple centimeters of diameter.

Thanks, I'm very happy with it, turned out better looking than I'd hoped! Friend of mine suggested briefly wafting a lighter-flame against it then rubbing the surface, it's given it a very nice rubber-effect.

Aaaand we have some updates! The other day my grey Tria marker and earth coloured pastels arrived so I cracked out the silver paint and started on weathering and damaging all the parts I had ready. In series the Meta really doesn't have much wear and tear, neither did Sarge but I got a few criticisms that I hadn't roughed it up enough so this time I went a bit heavier damage-wise but still at the lower end of the spectrum tbh (personal pref and all)

Forearms and handplates!

Photo-1477.jpg

The right thigh (sans foam currently)

Photo-1480.jpg

The Shin

Photo-1481.jpg

The codpiece

Photo-1482.jpg

The shoulders

Photo-1478.jpg

The EVA shoulderpiece just to highlight detail I missed in the original paint, Maine / Meta was a Recovery Agent at one point so should have the logo technically.

Photo-1479.jpg

And the HD CQB I'm working on as the EVA won't be ready for my August outing.

Photo-1483.jpg

Feedback / Comments / Questions are more than welcome! :D

I really think you've hit the mark with damage level. Any more than that would be overkill. This keeps it looking used without looking destroyed. Great work as always.

I really think you've hit the mark with damage level. Any more than that would be overkill. This keeps it looking used without looking destroyed. Great work as always.

Thanks very much, that's what I was hoping for!

Did a lot of work on the CQB last night, got i t smooth enough and started test-painting it to see how I wanted the colours to look. Just awaiting fresh white paint to arrive and I can finish it off.

Photo-1484.jpg

Been debating as the EVA helm won't be done for the Fringe festival throwing together a quick CQB right shoulder so I can have both shoulders and helm CQB with a personalised mark for fun on the right one. And the mark I'm thinking of? Derpy-Hooves. The most awesome brony ever....

derpy_hooves_by_timon1771-d3bdye5.png

great work on the armor Sutekhian. It is nice to see another CQB helmet build going.

do you realise how jealous i am XD i tried to make Meta once. completely failed. good to see someone else willing to be a bad guy aswel.

great work on the armor Sutekhian. It is nice to see another CQB helmet build going.

Tyvm, I saw the HD model for it a while back and decided I just had to make it. Bit of a time crunch atm so my EVA won't be on time for the first event I'm attending, but I can do the CQB so I just went for it ;) Had a wee look and your build is stunning :D Reminded me I forgot to add the cheek-detail and rear-detail bits!

do you realise how jealous i am XD i tried to make Meta once. completely failed. good to see someone else willing to be a bad guy aswel.

lol thanks, he's a hard one to make and I'm praying it goes right! And hey, some of us have to be bad guys right? ;)

And the hits just keep comin. Great progress on the helmet. Nice crisp lines as always.

thanks again! Just trying to sit carefully taking my time

Caturday Update Time!

Spent a lot of last night and this afternoon finishing off the temp CQB helm for the Fringe fest in August, got to say I'm very happy with it! And I've now got a daylight bulb in my room so can see how it'll look outside as I work :D

Anyhoo! Piccies!!!

Photo-1499.jpg

Photo-1498.jpg

Photo-1497.jpg

Photo-1495.jpg

Photo-1493.jpg

And a close up of the simple vents (perforated card slips painted black.)

Photo-1496.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back