Sword Project Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Hello 405thers, pun intended if any. Normally, I would have said this is a update on my Plasma Pistol build. However, if that was the case there wouldn't be a new topic for a fourm already created and it wouldn't say sword in title topic. This is, and something that has been a day full build, on a sword which I have no blueprints that I am building from. This is in my mind and I would like any support, critiscism, or anything else, minus flameing brown bags of dog crap, about my build. At this rate, my blade will be my first completed assignment for my credit, which is ironicly suppose to be my final project because of no blueprints from anyone else. So, without adue, my blade.
100_0034.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0038.jpg

100_0039.jpg

Now, I plan on painting it and adding some decales and decorations to it. I know it sucks but its my first one, don't all people have the right to have their first few suck? So, I plan on painting it Jet black with red decales, with the exception of the blade, the blade itself will be silver. Now, it lookes bad on the outside for the duck tape and printer paper, but the skelitical structure on the inside is so good, I could destroy the cover and use the bare bones for a new blade. The inside has two poles, one a small wooden pole, doule I think it is called, and a put together bambo pole that are put together which form the blade skeliton. The hilt is mainly cardboard with duck tape and the shief is a cardborad from christmas wrapping paper. The inside is stuffed with a buffer of soft paper so the tip won't bend if it slides all the way to the bottom. I plan on adding some red braids to the hilt of the blade, a red braide that can tie to a belt loop, and the heart string on the sheaf just like the one CLoud has on his left arm in FF7 Advent Children.

We all start somewhere! Kudos for imagination and improvisation! Now that you have made your first sword the ones you make next can only get better. The cardboard tube is a good idea. Give it some resin, bondo, detail and paint and you can make an impressive scabbard. Keep up the great work. ;)

nice start. i remember making haggard swords back in the day... ahh the good oll days.

anyways if you are looking to rebuild it, i would suggest jumping over to Lee's Sword build... there isnt much info there, but you can get a good idea. also lee is a very nice man, who has always been more than willing to help folks out. so if you have questions i would say pm him, and he will probably be more than willing to help you out and explain how he did it.

Thanks, I am going to be doing some extra work on the blade paper part, I heard when you spray paint over tape it gives it a sharp metallic look but I think I am just going to glue it place so new cover for it.

Okay folks, I have finished the remodiling my blade and now it looks better. I plan on adding some paint, decals, and decortaions to it later tonight from the art store. So, without adu, the updates.
100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0044.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Posted this for kicks, got injured during the build, if you need to tell your kids why not to play with knives, show them that picture XP
100_0046.jpg

I have a TV next to me, that is my background noise. Nothing was playing at the time of the cut, I swear on my ... I don't know what to swear on so balls of fire don't rain from the heavens. XP
Still listening to any advise and tips, possible lectures because of bad knife handleing, and thanks for no flaming bags of dog crap.

adventSpartanMatrix said:
nice work (i do my work infront of the tv)
is that chronicles of riddick i see on your shelf
ghost in the shell is good too

Yep, Riddick DIrectors Cut and Ghost in the Shell and Solid State Society.
100_0049.jpg

Latest update, made a hand gaurd and now I plan on makeing a thing to have hanging from the butt of the handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of five minutes ago, I am adding the final coats of paint to my blade and when doen, I will post the final pictures and listen to what all of you have to say about it.

No Worries about the knife cut mate! The first thing they teach you in knife fighting 101 is you are going to get cut. Heck 20 years ago I darn near took of my left index finger. Now it tells me when the rain is coming
Your sword looks good and Gundam rocks! (y)

yea i cut myself trying to cut a 2 part epoxy almost needed stiches. but looks good, are you going for a katan look from halo or just makeing a sword for the heck of it

I once burned my finger with hotglue. that hurt.

and ghost in a shell is a nice film, although I never completrely understood it and I only watched it once.

Alright my fellow builders, I have final finished the sword build that started friday. My hands are tired, my cut is healing, and due to some bad spray paint, my hands have red spots on them. So, this is my finished blade.
100_0050.jpg

100_0051.jpg

100_0052.jpg

100_0053.jpg

100_0054.jpg

100_0055.jpg

100_0056.jpg

ALright, I heard some questions so I will answer them here, name will be next to answer of who asked them.
box o crayons - I was aiming for katana look but it turned out to be a cross of katana with keyblade, the chain on the end.
Here are some tips that I learned from this build, laugh if you like, I know I am laughing about them because they are praticle stuff
Spray paint - wear gloves when you do to avoid getting paint on them, also, wear a useless shirt or go upper half commando when spraying. If spray paint does get on your skin, don't fret. Once you think you are done spray painting for the day, go to either your kitchen or a local store and get cooking spray, I used Pam. WHen you get it, go to your bathroom and spray the cooking spray on the painted skin areas. Then, get a cloth, or a baby wipe in my case which I will explain my thinking on why using a baby wipe. Then, use the cloth to scrub at the area and scrub hard, you can handle the pain if you don't want painted skin for a few weeks. It should become clear in a few minutes that it works but it will take alot of time to get the paint off of your skin. Now, the reason you do this is because spray paint is oil based, cooking spray is oil based, then apply the saying "Fight Fire with Fire." I used baby wipes because they have oil in them so you get the picture.
Grey paint - if you apply grey paint to a paint brush and then brush the sharp edges of your project, not to much but just enough, you can make it look battle damaged and give it a more authentic look.
Tape - if you spray grey spray paint with tape on a edge, the tape will make it look sharp, adds more realism to it, however, don't do it with electircal tape. Electrical tape likes to peal away when the paint dires, however, you can apply electircal tape afterwords.
Not sure if there is anything else to be said so... have a good day.

yea i know about wearing bad clothes my friends were spraypainting a ramp and i was holding a stencil i told him to start off the stencil. so guess what he starts on my pants :oops: oh well sword looks nice, love the paintjob

I have a ninja-to i made YEARS ago. I used a torsion bar from (I think) an old volkswagon. So its spring steel.
I can post a picture here if it would help out with any future construction..

Dingo, you did a great job on your first sword. It looks great. If I may recommend rubber gloves. You can go to Wal-Mart and get a box of Exam gloves dirt cheap. (Here is the link: Exam Gloves at Wal-Mart) Cheap and disposable so you can use them for just about anything. I do. :D
Oh and I saw this spray can sprayer in Lowes the other day it was about $3 for the cheap one and $6 for the really fancy one. It makes a spray can into a semi-pro. spay gun :lol: . It couldn't hurt. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back