Tenya Iida Ingenium

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by Dirtdives, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Psyisawesom8503

Psyisawesom8503 New Member

Yo, Dirtdives. You're a god. Boku no hero academia is such a good anime, and Iida is such a cool and funny character. His costume design is so amazing and being created as cosplay is awesome

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives RXO & Keeper of Con Lists 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Thanks but I assure you I have no delusions of god-hood. This was my daughter's request. I'm just helping her build it and posting the WIP. I know nothing of the character or the anime. But it is always fun to build stuff.

PaiganBoi and xXDashIVXx like this.
  3. Dirtdives

Update:

Daughter got a few pieces foamed out last night..

Collar, upper arms and 1 forearm done. All need a bit of sanding and gap filling but they are looking fine. Now just as the pieces start to come together........she drops a bomb on me.

So my daughter has requested to put this on hold. She has been watching RvB and is in love w/ Caboose. If you recall I made one of the DFT ARs a while back and she has adopted it and yes....... you guessed it.......calls it "Freckles". For the upcoming HALO Outpost Event, she wants a Caboose suit........she understands that my attention is still geared towards her brother's Emile build....which I'm having issues w/ already.....so she said she would settle for the helmet, Freckles (which I have to finish), and wear something blue to match......So printing out a Mark 4 Helmet now.........so many requests, so little time. Not really sure which con the Tenya was for....but apparently I'll have more time for completion.

IMG_0110.jpg IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0112.jpg IMG_0113.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  4. xXDashIVXx

xXDashIVXx Active Member

Haha, suck it blues!

5. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117 Well-Known Member

Tucker did it!
    I bet you could pull off the whole armornor just the helmet!!

Sean Anwalt, xXDashIVXx and Dirtdives like this.
  6. Dirtdives

Day off yesterday, daughter had an appointment w/ DR. so had some time on our hands. Finished the 2nd forearm piece and sanded down smooth. I know she wants a Caboose now, but I'l do that in a separate thread.

IMG_0134.jpg

7. arma358

arma358 PR Officer Division Staff

Sooo, should I do my Caboose voice around her at Outpost Discovery? I've had a few people freak out when I do that, especially at RTX when they aren't expecting a response in character. :p

8. Dirtdives

I've heard it at SCI-Fi in Altoona.......freaked me out too!!!! She is working on her own voice, female version that is. And would love to hang out. She could be Loco to your Caboose.

9. Psyisawesom8503

Psyisawesom8503 New Member

10. 3DVagabond

3DVagabond New Member

So what type of foam was used for the creation of the armor and how thick is the foam?

11. Dirtdives

Standard EVA 1/2 inch. Harbor Freight $10 for a 4 pack. Hit and miss w/ defects like holes and divots.

TurboCharizard and xXDashIVXx like this.
  12. 3DVagabond

3DVagabond New Member

Ah! I will have to keep that in mind.

13. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Are you a picky * when it comes to defects in foam sheets or do you fill/sand out the low spots?

Dirtdives likes this.
  14. Dirtdives

Depends on the piece......my chest piece I covered w/ craft foam which is just about perfect and came out super smooth. On pieces that need it that I didn't cover in craft foam, yes I filled them in.

xXDashIVXx and Sean Anwalt like this.