The Dark Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

I just got back from The Dark knight and all I can say is wow! It was brilliant! So much darker than the first one, I found myself actually jumping at some points and I’m not one to be freaked out by a movie it was REALLY intimidating.

Heath Ledgers performance really stole the spotlight, which I was expecting; I must say he was probably one of the best villains EVER!
It was a bit long, clocking in at 2:30 hours; it could have been a bit shorter, but still a wonderful movie.

I think the first one was a tiny bit better (aside from heath ledger, he was born to play the joker), it had a much less gothic setting, which made it feel like you weren’t watching batman sometimes... And I liked the gothic setting of the first one. It's also hard to beat exploring the origins of batman.

Oh, and if there any parents out there thinking about taking there kids, watch it for yourself first, it’s pretty intimidating.

I hope they make another, with all the cash they're going to be raking in ill be surprised if they don’t, but unlike the first one it didn’t give any hints to a sequel.

You Aussies and your being a day ahead of everyone... :p

I see it tonight.

Also, all the reviews I've read say the same thing about The Joker stealing the spotlight. I can't wait to see it. Bought my tickets last week when I went to see Hellboy 2.

sweetness, a few of my friends seen it last week and they said it was the best comic book movie....wishing that heath didnt die

I saw it last night at the premiere in Chicago , since live here and i am in it I played a cop int he movie and i am in 3 or 4 scenes hehe. It is great though, the money i made as an extra form it is going towards the wedding. and no i will not spoil any part of it for anyone, except parts of the scenes i am in.

23Magnum said:
You Aussies and your being a day ahead of everyone... :p

I see it tonight.

Also, all the reviews I've read say the same thing about The Joker stealing the spotlight. I can't wait to see it. Bought my tickets last week when I went to see Hellboy 2.
Aussies rule.... :p

Dreads said:
I saw it last night at the premiere in Chicago , since live here and i am in it I played a cop int he movie and i am in 3 or 4 scenes hehe. It is great though, the money i made as an extra form it is going towards the wedding. and no i will not spoil any part of it for anyone, except parts of the scenes i am in.
Wow dreads! That's really cool, you will have to find some screenshots of yourself and post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great movie, I loved it, sat in awe. But friends and I were having this discussion. I think character wise and actor wise Harvey Dent was an excellent portrayal, possibly surpassing Heath Ledger's Joker? What you think about that?

Heath Ledger vs Aaron Eckhart

i just got home from the midnight first premier of it.
i wont say anything but the Joker is just...AUuuu he did it

he did it thats it ledger is the man in it rest him

hes so sadistic its awsome

i just got back from the midnite release and i agree it was the best batman, and even comic book movie ive ever seen

Heath Ledgers acting was simply stunning. I personally have never seen better. I wish he was still around :(.

Movie was awesome.

-Doom

p0rtalman said:
I hope they make another, with all the cash they're going to be raking in ill be surprised if they don’t, but unlike the first one it didn’t give any hints to a sequel.

On imdb it says that there will be three. Although now its unclear of who the villain will be. As Ledger is dead and two-face is dead in the movie. maybe its just me but it seemed there might have been a cat woman reference when Alfred was asking about the new suit, and asking if it will have protection against cats as well as dogs or something. Maybe its nothing but I wouldn't be so sure.

Ok well I was going to see it at midnight, but a certain girl decided to pass out on me. Then my other friends decided they couldn't go because of work in the morning. So I had to trade in my tickets to see it tonight because I was not going to be 'that guy' going by myself. Count me still jealous of people who have already seen it.

23Magnum said:
Ok well I was going to see it at midnight, but a certain girl decided to pass out on me. Then my other friends decided they couldn't go because of work in the morning. So I had to trade in my tickets to see it tonight because I was not going to be 'that guy' going by myself. Count me still jealous of people who have already seen it.
Rock up with This ride and you'll make friends pretty quick.

I was truly blown away by the movie.

TheRob said:
Great movie, I loved it, sat in awe. But friends and I were having this discussion. I think character wise and actor wise Harvey Dent was an excellent portrayal, possibly surpassing Heath Ledger's Joker? What you think about that?

Heath Ledger vs Aaron Eckhart
I think they both did an amazing job with their characters. In the beginning I would've said that the Joker had it, but when Harvey...[]...It seemed to fit him so well. I'm still not completely sure, they both were portrayed very well.

I do have a question, I'll put it in spoilers, though it really doesn't ruin anything: When the Joker first asks the Mob's leader "You wanna know how I got these scars?", was that how he 'really' got them? Later in the movie he said it was for his wife. I was arguing with one of my friends about this, he said Both of them were probably wrong. I said they were both correct, I think he was talking about different scars. I really don't know 'that' much about Batman, neither did he.

It was a great movie, if you haven't already, you definitely should see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back