The Emperor's Champion (Black Sword WiP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah dude, that is some bloody good work on both the boots and helmet. I followed your suit build (while i was lurking) so im loving the details you are adding.

Cheers.

Perhaps one day I'll make it out of the noob forum. Perhaps one day..
Maybe when I make the sword for this suit.

Thanks for the compliments though guys, helps keep me motivated~
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

i got to tell you i have never played wh40k and i hardly know what it is but looking at your build on here and over at obscurus crusade has got me wanting to build one for myself.

any chance that you share that helmet pep with us? it look like a good base for a lot of different helmet ideas i have.
keep up the good work

Well, after a couple weeks off for graduations and throwingallmystuffaway I decided to sit down with my helmet again this afternoon. Didn't really do too much, but I pulled the cheeks of the faceplate in a bit, making it less wide (I didnt like it heh), by riveting nylon strapping tightly to the corners underneath, it also doubles to hold the helmet firmly and comfortably in the exact position I want it in. Hell yeah two birds with one stone.

I also sanded down and filled in the upper nose are, in front of the eyes. All I really need to do to have the base nearly complete is go over the main bit again with some light bondo, and sand it all smooth... then its heraldry and lenses/leds!

CIMG1907%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG1910%20%28Medium%29.JPG

this is the best Armor build I've seen to date. As a child I was crazy for Warhammer 40K miniatures.
I've seen the other thread in your signature.
1. shaking hands with the Master Chief is too cool: D
2. is the smaller mask you wear there a pepakura file? If it is, would you share it with me?

Heroes are not born ...
... they are built

Greetings Ironhide

Alright! Well I did some more spot bondoing and sanding (It.. might even look worse for it.. hrm.. whatever) but I still have quite a bit of finish sanding to do before I make anything permanent.
I was tinkering around with heraldry though, and I like this setup so far. I have plans for a grill on the top vent and the aquila will wrap around the forehead, the wings will be laying flat not sticking out like they are.
CIMG1919%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG1921%20%28Medium%29.JPG

What do you think?

Alright! Well I did some more spot bondoing and sanding (It.. might even look worse for it.. hrm.. whatever) but I still have quite a bit of finish sanding to do before I make anything permanent.
I was tinkering around with heraldry though, and I like this setup so far. I have plans for a grill on the top vent and the aquila will wrap around the forehead, the wings will be laying flat not sticking out like they are.
CIMG1919%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG1921%20%28Medium%29.JPG

What do you think?
Holy &%*($(% %*^&! That is so frickin' awesome! I love the setup of the heraldry. I do not know what they correlate to in WH40K, but the Maltese Cross and the futuristic Eagle of the Holy Roman Emperor fit the armor perfectly. The vents are done extremely well and I think the chin extender gives the helmet some needed depth. Absolutely wonderful work.

Looking sweet. This is got to one of the best WH40K builds I've seen, and you just keep it coming.

I don't really have any idea what this is, but it does look very good. You should give the areas above these golden vent-thingies another pass however, they still look a little rough. Would be a shame if it stayed like this. A few files might help.

The Black Templar cross on only one side of the helmet sees in my opinion, somehow strange. But if then let it look more like this here
Black_Templars_Symbol.png

This is only my opinion, the decision is yours.
Very nice work, make Keep it up. Will you also build the sword of the champion?

Yeah dont worry, I wont leave it rough like that. The eternal battle with bondo continues.

And you bet your heavily armored ass I'm building the Black Sword. Won't be until late June or early july, but I have been making plans for it in the meantime, and it is going to properly blow away all of my other weapon projects. Gotta go all out on your own gear, you know?
Glad you guys like it, this is the first helmet I have built - glad its not... you know.. too terrible.

Cant´t wait to see more :D What will you do after the Empiriors Champion?How about an Grey Knight armor?Just an Idea ^^

Yeah dont worry, I wont leave it rough like that. The eternal battle with bondo continues.

And you bet your heavily armored ass I'm building the Black Sword. Won't be until late June or early july, but I have been making plans for it in the meantime, and it is going to properly blow away all of my other weapon projects. Gotta go all out on your own gear, you know?
Glad you guys like it, this is the first helmet I have built - glad its not... you know.. too terrible.
Not terrible at all, man! It just needs a little sanding and it will truly be worthy of Elite Status.

Midday sun has washed out my entire house for picture taking, but I'm posting it anyways. I'll get better shots later or something (probably when I start on the laurels or lenses)

The base is done! Going to make a little extension for the back to hide the upper part of my neck, but thats a single piece of plastic. Doesnt even count.
On to the laurels! On to the glowing eyes!
Onwards!
CIMG1959%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG1958%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG1931%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG1932%20%28Medium%29.JPG

That helmet looks really good... I haven't played 40K in a long time, but I do periodically look at the new stuff coming out. This is looking really nice. Are you looking to rework the rest of the suit, as well? Or is it mostly going to be detail mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back