The Emperor's Champion (Black Sword WiP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving it. You're build turned out looking epic, and I know when you finish that sword it will be too. Keep us posted.

I am apparently completely incapable of taking a clear well lit photo. Oh well I suppose..

CIMG2701%20%28Large%29.JPG

The dye I found didn't do what I wanted it to at all, so I'll have to find a different kind. Not at all dark enough. Attached the faceplate to one side and will probably be painting it soon. Found a gem thingy that will work for the handle (after I build a little base for it), and the project is generally moving along.

Very nice. i must ask though is that full padding? it looks like you need more on your shoulders so that the torso sits higher. Other than that great to see a dedicated 40 k fan realy pull off an awesome Marine!

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions~
I've been having fun painting stuff and swinging my sword about. Added a basecoat to the hilt, going to continue playing around with colors tomorrow until I find a setup I really like. Don't mind the light color, once I find a darker dye it will not be an issue (it looks silly and purple right now, even without the light on its too light of a red).
Also I just wrapped the hilt area with some faux leather I had lying around.. absolutely no part of this setup is permanent or finished.. this is just me getting ahead of myself. Gotta have SOME fun right?

CIMG2735%20%28Large%29.JPG

CIMG2744%20%28Large%29.JPG

<insert big black sword joke here>

The other side is complete. Its all finish work on the blade portion now. If I cant find a good red, I might just stick with the whiteish blue it seems to have.
CIMG2749%20%28Large%29.JPG

I have some fun ideas for the hilt, hopefully it wont look TOO busy when I'm done.

The other side is complete. Its all finish work on the blade portion now. If I cant find a good red, I might just stick with the whiteish blue it seems to have.
CIMG2749%20%28Large%29.JPG

I have some fun ideas for the hilt, hopefully it wont look TOO busy when I'm done.

i think it's awesome!

Going to finish it all up and put it together properly Saturday or Sunday.. what do you guys think? (Handle will be thickly wrapped with a weathered leather looking stuff)

Couldnt get a ink that worked so I'm just going to clean it off and leave the light white... for now.
CIMG2754%20%28Large%29.JPG

Well, I'm out of time.. guess its time to call it finished. I had to compromise in a few places and am completely unsatisfied with certain aspects (mostly the color of the lighting.. which will change when I get back from Christmas) So please don't mind the lack of blood red glowy letters.. just.. you know.. imagine thats what color they are.

Everything else is pretty well completed.

CIMG2765%20%28Large%29.JPG

CIMG2778%20%28Large%29.JPG

I couldn't seem to get any good pictures (maybe its the lighting at my house.. hmm), but there will be better pictures when I take it to ALA this January and wet in the full suit. Have a great Christmas everyone, hope you like it.

As a Black Templar player... Holy crap, this $^#@ is awesome! Plus it doesn't hurt that the blade has my name inscribed into it, lol. Absolutely fantastic work, my friend. I do agree with you about the red lettering though. Perhaps some red tinted translucent plastic?

~Rex

Oooooh. Sweet looking blade, Love the lighting effect. It should go well with that epic build of you'res.

Little clip of my armor for Anime LA this weekend. Check out the full video below, there are a bunch of other great costumes in there.

_MG_6471%20%28Medium%29.jpg

_MG_6459%20%28Medium%29.jpg

_MG_6457%20%28Medium%29.jpg

_MG_6450%20%28Large%29%20%28Medium%29.png

_MG_6441%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Still searching for pictures (no pocket photographer this time..) Hope you guys like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I lost my jaw somewhere, last time I saw it it went towards the floor.
Seriously though that is one sexy ass armor, always been more of a space wolf guy myself but still, nice.

Oh dear lord my eyes grew storks and I heard horns as they popped out! That is the best thing I have seen in ages. I feel like my terminator armour is being neglected now. To be fair not going to come close to that build. I had seen your original suit and it inspired me to do my terminator build but this is in a new legue now. GREAT job man.

This is absolutely amazing. I'm not even a big 40k fan, and I am blown away by it. I can only imagine my friends reactions when I show them this (They are HUGELY into it). Like everyone else has said, fantastic job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back