The Great Odst Flood Year Long Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the wait but here is my next post. good job you guys you have all made sufficient progress but sadly ive been too busy to get anything done. thanks for finding the animatronics but where can i buy it, another question, how are we supposed to moddify the finger into two longer tentacles? im not sure how to do this and i will post again once i have made any progress

I dont know what you mean the finger into two larger tentacles?

Also, you dont buy it, you have to make it from scratch. we need to buy boards, wire, electric wire, and so on like that. but animatronics is option because of it's difficulty. the "tentacles" are moving without electrics, there for it's not animatronics if i am correct.

I haven't been able to do much with my armor because I am helping a friend with his chest piece and stomach pieces we are trading for gundam models ooh lol qnyway I have been working on my smg I took a cheapo mp7 a1 and I am going to puta new butt a mag attachment on the side aswell as make a silencer I am also going to work on putting this really powerful magnet I have into my thigh peice and a metal piece on the smg so I will have a little holster like the game style

cba1818b.jpg

here is the mp7

46423a51.jpg

and the pep butt

7840555a.jpg

and the pep silencer

f9d0ec28.jpg

the pep mag

ccf6c806.jpg

and all put together

good work everyone and thanks for the support.

sadly i still havent gotten anything done due to school and skie season(i go almost every weekend with my family) but i have managed to do some shopping at walmart an found a big bondo fiberglass kit that gives me everything i need but i need to know if fibrglass cloth works instead of fiberglass matt

Ghost- I actually just put plastic resin in the butt and silencer and I am going to make the mag out if metal so I can put a magnet on the gun as to be able to eject it and stuff so it's in progress although I have D&D tonight so I won't be able to get to it till tomorrow. I also started to pep my new helmet so that will be fun

Guilty- as far as the difference I am not entirely sure of the difference I have been using cloth but I don't use bondo I use this marine fiberglass resin stuff from ace hardwware

Ive only just started reading through this and dammmn youve got a hell of a job. Its good seeing you already have a god plan on how to cover most of the "technical parts" and already sorting out the materials ect. Planning makes SUCH a difference, will be watching this with wide eyes for a while.

If nothing else i love it for the sheer boldness of the "bugger it I'm going to make a flood" lol

I like your idea. For the flood part of the costume I would suggest molding some form of puddy then like bondoing it or something like that. So that it looks more like the flood's "skin" With the puddy you could put little dimples in it and things of that nature. I wish you luck. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

stiil no work sadly (good thing i got a year) my parents want me to help out reno their house for them but.....they have bought lotsof fiberglass for the reno and said i could use some!. Either way i will probably work on it tommorrow and finish the other hakf of the helmet.

Haha it's hard for me to work with it because of work and stuff and of course when icons home I play vg soyeah anyway I just started recently with the helmet and I finished the base

Darkwolf said:
Haha it's hard for me to work with it because of work and stuff and of course when icons home I play vg soyeah anyway I just started recently with the helmet and I finished the base

if you could get pictures that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure but I only just started it and it's only the like bottom one inch of the mask I have a lot of work done before I finish the pep part

Time for the pics I am about to work on it my gf and I are gonna watch a movie and I get the most done when watching a movie

34c4a3be.jpg

943d99cb.jpg

4c276d79.jpg

d52be5d4.jpg

79f08d2a.jpg

Great job with the pepakura. The ODST helmet looks a bit big on you though...maybe it's just the angle of the shot.

It might be the angle cause I am almost six foot one and 280 pounds and Hawaiian witch means I am kinda wide lol

good job onthe pep, i used a the landfall helmet though because it takes less paper and less time, but i still haven,t gotten it done yet due to school.

Ahh that sucks dude yeah I have work and now a lot of cleaning too my apartment is ugly so yeah hopefully I can keep up tonight I will put on another coat of resin and then tomorrow I will start fiberglassing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back