The Great Odst Flood Year Long Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay sorry it has been awhile but t has been awhile since I had time on my own

here is how I kept the lines on the helmet by putting string there and applying the bondo

f1a7a3a5.jpg

c26b03c6.jpg

and here is where I am so far with the spot putty

1adc2d9f.jpg

9dc28851.jpg

i wish i had as much time as you,

I STILL havent done anymore work. :angry but you are doing great, good thing i set my deadline to a year.

Haha yeah well I got set back a week because of Christmas weekend and then almost a week of being sick bleh the flu sucks

ok i am forcing myself to get some progress done, because iwant at least the peping done before my birthday on january the 16th. i am going to just cut it all, fold it, and then move on to putting it all together, also for my bithday i am having a big dart war and want it to be resined by then so i can pwne the noobs as an odst. LOL :lol

guilty said:
ok i am forcing myself to get some progress done, because iwant at least the peping done before my birthday on january the 16th. i am going to just cut it all, fold it, and then move on to putting it all together, also for my bithday i am having a big dart war and want it to be resined by then so i can pwne the noobs as an odst. LOL :lol

Sounds fun! Just make sure you don't damage any of your armour! That sure would suck. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with mstrmarine don't damage it although it would be pretty cool battle damage. That's good that you are working hard on it just don't rush yourself. I work at a shipyard and rushing a job is one of the worst things you can do good luck to you though and have fun

This project certainly looks like it has some promise. Creepy, puke green/yellow, pulsating and twitching progress... umm, promise.

I love the ODST helmet, Darkwolf, great detail... I'm thinking of joining in on this, and I wanted to offer some advice I gathered from Thorssoli's Mk VI thread, using spare jigsaw blades, a hacksaw, and dremel tools to create cleaner detail lines... But the string idea looks like it works quite well.

Anyways, on to my thoughts of joining in on this... I am of course a noob, and I'm still in the process of doing my first project, so it may be a while until I get into this but I look forward to helping out, and learning the tricks of the art. :D

Hey man, great work.

I'm working too on a flood for my fan film.

I didn't want to do a very complex work, but for the "flood arm" I modified a glove ,adding a foam extension to each finger.

The result is pretty good,specially if you paint it well.

Good luck with the costume.

Thanks a lot I am only a beginner so the end product may not be the best. And thanks for the ideas however we were thinking of making the long fingers/tentacles movable

this is an interesting idea indeed, please show me when you are done, if this is done well then you will certainly deserve a place in the hall of honor for trying such a task

Okay work has been hectic and it's hard for me to get time on my own without playing video games so I don't have any updates I have to put resin on the stomach peices those are done though and I need help with a visor on an alternate helmet I cut up a face sheiks and glued it together but it's prolly gonna look ugly anyone know a better way because I can't afford to buy one of those heaters

Darkwolf said:
Okay work has been hectic and it's hard for me to get time on my own without playing video games so I don't have any updates I have to put resin on the stomach peices those are done though and I need help with a visor on an alternate helmet I cut up a face sheiks and glued it together but it's prolly gonna look ugly anyone know a better way because I can't afford to buy one of those heaters

same with me, i am too busy nowadays to work on it.with the visor though i think that vacum-forming is our best bet. the bad thing is that it looks like you didnt pep the visor piece so that may be a problem.

Nah I pepper it and put resin on it I just didn't put fiber glass on it s vaccum forming expensive cause we are starting to save up for a house and finances are kinda low

Darkwolf said:
Nah I pepper it and put resin on it I just didn't put fiber glass on it s vaccum forming expensive cause we are starting to save up for a house and finances are kinda low

actually all you need to do it is some plastic,some wood, a oven, and a shop vac.

in other news i myself have some very bad news, a yogurt exploded in my backpack and ruined the extra pages i hadn't cut out yet, this means that i may need to re-do the entire helmet, or at least print a full helmet. it is a pain but i might still hit my deadline, at least the armor part that is.

Dude that sucks bad yogurt but why would you carry a yogurt in your backpack? hmm that sounds good how much for a vacum like that

a shop vac at rona costs about 100$ canadien but i already have one

here is a link to a video showing you howMy link

i am also starting to get re motivated and i am starting on a chesplate. afterwards i am going to make a helmet withaout a visor and continue on from there

i did some digging and found my weapons for my store bought halo costume. i decided i would share them with you here at the forums. i am also thinking of making my own little fan film, i have a great location and some friends who may want to help, they dont have armor yet but if they want some they have to make it themselves. i plan to make them pay for some of the cheap assault rifles like this one or create one of their own. i myself will be wearing my odst armor and brandishing my own two new weapons i am thinking of making, the assault rifle and the odst smg.i am also almost done my chest plate and then comes the helmet.[attachment=15450:halo weapons 001.jpg][attachment=15451:halo weapons 002.jpg] if you pull the trigger back a bit the light turns on[attachment=15452:halo weapons 003.jpg][attachment=15453:halo weapons 005.jpg]same from front[attachment=15454:halo weapons 004.jpg]firing[attachment=15455:halo weapons 006.jpg]scratch detail

and pistol

Looks good dude I also got re energized in this project however it's mostly just my armor the stuff I am using fir flood is only another helmet I am working on lol oh and peices of another chest plate. So here is what I got so far

61c324c5.jpg

my smg all I need to do is paint and to add magnets so that I can attach the gun to my hip lol

eb3ff6a8.jpg

I got the painting done and all I got to do is the damage. I am also working on my version of the visor

003a54c8.jpg

and here is a better picture the anime convention is the upcomming weekend and this is one of my costumes lol sweetness

just going to finish the stomach peices and some makeshift gauntlets and that should be good for the convention I will keep you updated and of course the final pics will be on here lol keep up the good work dude

great job, and thanks for posting i thought my thread was going to die, i noticed that the chestplate is a older version than what im doing bt the one you have is supposed to be esier to pep, for the flood pieces i was only going to do a second hbelmet too but have all my straps adjustable so that i could heve the growths coming out from under the armor, i am also loving the modified smg i think it is coming out great.

p.s. skiing just officialy ended so i will have more time to work

P.s.s. the pistol was too small and it got destroyed alng with my old assault rifles barrel so i'm going to just pep a assault rifle and a odst smg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back