The Hunt Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
well ive finished placing in the paddle pop sticks and am now cutting some cardboard to reienforce some of the peices

word of advice for anyone who is doing/going to do this armour used card that is thicker the 170gsm/110lb card especially for the open areas as there are some large peices and they will distort without reinforcement
with any luck ill be doing a little bit of resining on the chest this weekend and ill add a little video showing my progress on it.

ok i did promise a video but i haven't had much time to sit down and do any videoing but i have made some progress

and here it is
gallery_9360_1089_15784.jpg

gallery_9360_1089_20376.jpg

gallery_9360_1089_3778.jpg

gallery_9360_1089_2202.jpg

gallery_9360_1089_15902.jpg

i resined the back of the chest piece and now i need to make some support struts so i can resin the rest of the piece

plz leave some feedback for me

Looking very good, can't wait to see the finished product... Have you ever thought about doing a brute costume? I don't think it would be too hard and since they stand the same way we do it could look pretty good, I'm thinking about doing one, but with the work you done so far I think you'd make a really good looking one.

WRising said:
Looking very good, can't wait to see the finished product... Have you ever thought about doing a brute costume? I don't think it would be too hard and since they stand the same way we do it could look pretty good, I'm thinking about doing one, but with the work you done so far I think you'd make a really good looking one.

are you saying im big and hairy? LOL
i never thought about making a brute costume
what you need is a sowing machine 200meters of fake fur and a shed load of wire can't be too hard LOL
i think ill finished the hunter first thou

Spartan G
i probably should have but i did it as soon as i was able to which was last night and i was using the laptop's webcam (which as you can see is rubbish

Update
I've now finished pepping the collar the next step is to make some supports for the chest so i can finish resining hopefully i can get that done by tommorow night
a little of topic update but i now have a set of shortwave radios for my prototype communications (which i hope i can put into my hunter when it's finished) if anyone on here knows much about electronics get in contact plz i may need your helm

ASM
signing off

Last edited by a moderator:
Im just saying no one has tried it and I think your hunter looks great so why not make a brute? I was thinking about it but idk yet...

WRising said:
Im just saying no one has tried it and I think your hunter looks great so why not make a brute? I was thinking about it but idk yet...

don't get me wrong im just saying that im going to finish my hunter first (hopefully in time for october) after that i might try a brute

adventSpartanMatrix said:
don't get me wrong im just saying that im going to finish my hunter first (hopefully in time for october) after that i might try a brute

cool

hopefully i can get some work done on the hunter during the week
have been a little slack working on it
then again couldn't really take it to australia with me
probably won't get any work done on it today apart from rescaling the collar which is a little too small

oh yeah almost forgot i've got the fluro orange paint for the wormy things

to top everything off the parents are making me goto college after lunch and we only arrived back in the uk this morning (5:30 BST) 23 hours on a plane with only 2 hours sleep
for everything else theres falling asleep in maths :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back