The "Official" 405th Database Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, this is just an observation I made, when I started downloading my Mk. VI files a couple of weeks ago. In the database, the Halo 3 section to be exact, under the Spartan Mk. VI Armor there are some HD files missing. All the LD versions are there, but it is missing the HD codpiece, shins, and thighs. Just something I noticed, because I had to look elsewhere for them. I'm not sure if there is a reason for them missing, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

uNkNoWN eNTitY seIZiNg cOnTRoL

-------
nEws
-------
>>syS.ErR//dEfrAGmENtiNG
>>uMBra prOToCol iN efFeCt

>>pLEasE rEMaiN cALm<<
>>reSPctT puBLiC pROpeRtY<<

-------
OTHER DATABASE NEWS
-------
There are projects on the horizon, that are currently being explored, and will probably be announced early next year - so keep an eye out.

-----
HALO 4
-----
Having so many new files being released at the moment, it's being constantly updated, renamed and restructured from the info we had pre-launch.

-----
COVENANT
-----
As always, we are still looking for ANY assistance at all for the Covenant Database.

-------
RELEASE
-------
I'm not really allowed to add this to the Database - so it gets a post here instead. Mainly, it's a game extracted model - but there aren't enough Mauler files anyway.

maulerh3render.png

>>Download<<

-------
RESPONSES
-------
Is there any word about the Halo 4 forerunner weapons yet? The last game informer had the weapons and now I would like to make them.
Hey guys, I've still not heard anything about those weapons yet - are you holding out until after Nov. 6 or something?
*Spelling/grammar corrected. Tonality changed.*
I heard you the first time.
Unfortunately, I'm not actually the person to ask about this - you would have better luck searching through the Halo 4 file thread for now.

The short version is this: I get them when everyone else gets them. I do not have some magical ability, nor am I on a special list of people that lets me get the models before everyone else. I am just very good at finding them, and keeping a watch of all the threads that I expect will release models.

Super simple version: I can't post files that I don't have, or don't exist yet.

Hey guys, this is just an observation I made, when I started downloading my Mk. VI files a couple of weeks ago. In the database, the Halo 3 section to be exact, under the Spartan Mk. VI Armor there are some HD files missing. All the LD versions are there, but it is missing the HD codpiece, shins, and thighs. Just something I noticed, because I had to look elsewhere for them. I'm not sure if there is a reason for them missing, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks for the heads up on that - I didn't realise I was missing those.
Files added.

When I click on the DB link, it says: "The file link that you requested is not valid"

>>plEasE rEmaIN cALM<<

If you'll excuse me, I need to go and remove a <rAMpaNt aI> from the system...
CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to the answer for Foxleader, MonkeyFuj did make a Boltshot pep file, which has been unfolded by yours truly (Halo 4 Pepakura thread, post #799). Thus far there has not been any mention of W.I.P.s for the Light Rifle, Binary Rifle, Scattershot or Incineration Cannon on that thread, nor has a forum search for each turned up anything more than the desire for such files to be made. But, the Boltshot is available, and as people work their way through the game and settle in I'm certain more files will emerge.

well all i need is the z-180, z-750, and z-250. and i've looked up the crawler 3d models but haven't found anything i was hoping some one would make a render of the crawlers so i could use it.

At this point the best thing to do is have patience. The game has only been out for 2 weeks, and there are a lot more bits and pieces to account for this time around. For Halo 3 there was a definite base model for everything with very minor variations that were essentially add-ons. Reach gave a much larger quantity of variants, but it was still working with a base model with attachment-based variations. Halo 4, however, really does not have any sort of "base" aside from the undersuit. Every armor clas uses a completely unique helmet, chest, and shoulder piece, not only in the form of the shoulder pad, but in the upper-arm piece that it attaches to. Add to that a dozen different forearm AND hand plate variants, and at least as many cod, thigh, knee, shin, and boot variants, and that is an immensely large amount of modeling that needs to be done. As for the weapons, even with several returning favorites, subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) changes have been made, and I think most modelers are tackling those first before trying something new that they will have to build completely from scratch. And all the weapons are much more detailed this time around, so rendering them accurately is going to take a lot longer than the old models.

I know it's hard when something new comes out, but patience is really the only answer unless you take the initiative and create the models yourself with Sketch-up or whatever other program/tool you can find. From what I've gathered this group is maybe 5% modelers, 10% unfolders, and 99% people who want what they want and want it right now. Not a very good distribution, and it puts a lot of demand on the modelers who, like everyone else here, have certain pieces that they want to have made as well. And most of them are likely waiting until they've found every variant there is to find, and dug up enoguh reference pics of those pieces, before they even begin the project. These things take time. Halo 3 has been out for how many years now, and as Missing Spartan pointed out there is still a lack in accurate Mauler models. I'm sure people digging through the database could come up with a list of things they saw in the games all the way back ot the original CE that still haven't been made that they would like to see. Once again, the options are to either make it ourselves, or wait until someone else has the time and ambition to take on requests.

At this point the best thing to do is have patience. The game has only been out for 2 weeks, and there are a lot more bits and pieces to account for this time around. For Halo 3 there was a definite base model for everything with very minor variations that were essentially add-ons. Reach gave a much larger quantity of variants, but it was still working with a base model with attachment-based variations. Halo 4, however, really does not have any sort of "base" aside from the undersuit. Every armor clas uses a completely unique helmet, chest, and shoulder piece, not only in the form of the shoulder pad, but in the upper-arm piece that it attaches to. Add to that a dozen different forearm AND hand plate variants, and at least as many cod, thigh, knee, shin, and boot variants, and that is an immensely large amount of modeling that needs to be done. As for the weapons, even with several returning favorites, subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) changes have been made, and I think most modelers are tackling those first before trying something new that they will have to build completely from scratch. And all the weapons are much more detailed this time around, so rendering them accurately is going to take a lot longer than the old models.

I know it's hard when something new comes out, but patience is really the only answer unless you take the initiative and create the models yourself with Sketch-up or whatever other program/tool you can find. From what I've gathered this group is maybe 5% modelers, 10% unfolders, and 99% people who want what they want and want it right now. Not a very good distribution, and it puts a lot of demand on the modelers who, like everyone else here, have certain pieces that they want to have made as well. And most of them are likely waiting until they've found every variant there is to find, and dug up enoguh reference pics of those pieces, before they even begin the project. These things take time. Halo 3 has been out for how many years now, and as Missing Spartan pointed out there is still a lack in accurate Mauler models. I'm sure people digging through the database could come up with a list of things they saw in the games all the way back ot the original CE that still haven't been made that they would like to see. Once again, the options are to either make it ourselves, or wait until someone else has the time and ambition to take on requests.

Amen.

Another thing that is slowing a lot of modelers down is 343's apparent refusal to allow us, the gamers, to download screenshots from our fileshares to our computers, which would allow us to use them to model accurate armor or other models. So, until 343 gets off their rears, I don't expect a huge surge of Halo 4 models.

it's all SOPA flaut. but hey as long as they can let us have them before halo 5 or halo 2 AE i'll be happy.

Yea, a lack of hi-res reference pics certainly won't help matters. So until the File Share accessibility is expanded to "B.net Reach"-level functionality, it's going to be a very slow process at best.

Going a bit on the rabbit trail here, but while we're on the topic of limited functionality, I'm wondering if they're ever going to expand theater mode beyond matchmade War Games. Since the introduction of theatre mode in Halo 3 we've been able to use it for any game mode. Now we can only use it for matchmade War Games? Feels like a major rip-off to me. I'm hoping it's just a temporary limitation that will soon be patched up to full functionality.

\\Database Online

-------
NEWS
-------
>>Did you miss me?
>>I upgraded your database while you were out.

>>You're welcome.

-------
OTHER NEWS
-------

-----
PSA
-----
We now have a PSA about the Database - hopefully, this will help new members, and decrease the number of threads asking for files which are incredibly easy to find.

-----
FOAM
-----
I've been bothered about it many times, so a Foam Template section has been added to the main database. You can find game-appropriate sub-folders within it.

Please note, this is still in beta, is labelled as such, and subject to change at any point.
Again, you can use the Submissions folder to add files you think belong there, and I'll take a look at them.

-------
RESPONSES
-------
This whole thing sounds awesome but I'm still getting a "link not valid" when I try and go there.
Yeah, just some unscheduled maintenance. All good now.

-------
OFFTOPIC
-------

Well all I need is…*snip*... and was hoping someone could make it for me.
*Quote paraphrased.
This really isn't the thread to be making demands/requests in - for now, try any of the specifically designed "request threads" or the Halo 4 armour topic. This is the Database thread - for Database related comments and discussion.

At this point the best thing to do is have patience. The game has only been out for 2 weeks, and there are a lot more bits and pieces to account for this time around. For Halo 3 there was a definite base model for everything with very minor variations that were essentially add-ons. Reach gave a much larger quantity of variants, but it was still working with a base model with attachment-based variations. Halo 4, however, really does not have any sort of "base" aside from the undersuit. Every armour class uses a completely unique helmet, chest, and shoulder piece, not only in the form of the shoulder pad, but in the upper-arm piece that it attaches to. Add to that a dozen different forearm variants, and at least as many cod, thigh, knee, shin, and boot variants, and that is an immensely large amount of modelling that needs to be done. As for the weapons, even with several returning favourites, subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) changes have been made, and I think most modellers are tackling those first before trying something new that they will have to build completely from scratch. And all the weapons are much more detailed this time around, so rendering them accurately is going to take a lot longer than the old models.

I know it's hard when something new comes out, but patience is really the only answer unless you take the initiative and create the models yourself with Sketch-up or whatever other program/tool you can find. From what I've gathered this group is maybe 5% modellers, 10% unfolders, and 99% people who want what they want and want it right now. Not a very good distribution, and it puts a lot of demand on the modellers who, like everyone else here, have certain pieces that they want to have made as well. And most of them are likely waiting until they've found every variant there is to find, and dug up enough reference pics of those pieces, before they even begin the project. These things take time. Halo 3 has been out for how many years now, and as Missing Spartan pointed out there is still a lack in accurate Mauler models. I'm sure people digging through the database could come up with a list of things they saw in the games all the way back to the original CE that still haven't been made that they would like to see. Once again, the options are to either make it ourselves, or wait until someone else has the time and ambition to take on requests.
I could not agree with you more.
Still think we should have a +rep system here, just so I can upvote these kinds of posts.

Another thing that is slowing a lot of modellers down is 343's apparent refusal to allow us, the gamers, to download screenshots from our fileshares to our computers, which would allow us to use them to model accurate armour or other models. So, until 343 gets off their rears, I don't expect a huge surge of Halo 4 models.
I'll probably repeat this point multiple times here - it is highly likely 343 is still either developing and improving the infrastructure and coding from the b.net fileshare system, or building a new one from scratch. Either way, it's a lot of work - and that takes time.

It's all SOPA's fault. But hey, as long as they can let us have them before halo 5 or halo 2 AE, I'll be happy.
I'm starting to think you are incredibly misinformed.
First, SOPA has nothing to do with it. It's just 343 is still working on getting the fileshare system running how they want it.
Second, there has been no confirmation whatsoever of a Halo 2 "re-make". This is all just rumours and people "wanting".
Thirdly, this is NOT a request thread. All I do is facilitate a combined archive of all the files.

Yea, a lack of hi-res reference pics certainly won't help matters. So until the File Share accessibility is expanded to "B.net Reach"-level functionality, it's going to be a very slow process at best.

*Ramble on limited functionality/theatre*.
343 has stated that Theatre for campaign will be likely included in a future update - they just didn't have the time/resources to have it ship for launch. Same with scoring.

On the file-share stuff - at this point, I'd expect that they'd still be developing and testing the infrastructure and coding to make it all work. I'm sure that it will be fine and running soon enough. For now - just use cameras. (or capture cards if you have access to them)

/offtopic
Database discussion only from this point onwards. Requesting this to ALL users.

<PLEASE REMAIN CIVIL>
<RESPECT PUBLIC PROPERTY>

That's all for now - try not to break it.
CJ

E: On a small note - I now have access to reach model extraction...

Last edited by a moderator:
-------
what CJ said

hooray!, nice mauler ( i know its been ripped from the game but its spot on!)

ive almost finished school, just 4 more days then i get work on unfolding covie stuff for u cj ( hooray sorry im taking forever!)

plus today at school i found a massive amount of armor images ( hd images of ALL spartan armor)
if anyone needs them just give me a shout!

(Edit here is the link, best I could get on restricted Internet at school -http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2012/11/06/every-armor-set-you-can-unlock-in-halo-4/

hope the RaMAnt aI has been purged!

croc co

p.s keep up the good work cj!

I don't really know if this is the right place for this, but I don't know where else it might fit.

As some of us already know, Nico (IroniumCostuming) made a great JFO helmet for the Reach database. I hope he doesn't mind, but I went and did an adjusted unfold for it. The end result is 24 pieces on 8 pages (down from the 60-70 pieces on 10 pages that's currently up in the database).

JFO Helmet

After seeing how the armor and helmets in Halo 4 are designed in sections that can be expanded for easier equipping/removal, I've approached this unfold with a similar thought in mind. The chin, cheek, neck, and back of the head pieces are single sections so each piece could theoretically be folded together and hardened seperately. They could then be linked together with a similar mechanism as used in the game to pop them in and out of place, therefore making it easier to build a helmet more to scale with our own heads while still being able to actually fit them over our heads. If this theory is met with success, it could mean fewer accidental bobble-heads.

After seeing how the armor and helmets in Halo 4 are designed in sections that can be expanded for easier equipping/removal, I've approached this unfold with a similar thought in mind. The chin, cheek, neck, and back of the head pieces are single sections so each piece could theoretically be folded together and hardened seperately. They could then be linked together with a similar mechanism as used in the game to pop them in and out of place, therefore making it easier to build a helmet more to scale with our own heads while still being able to actually fit them over our heads. If this theory is met with success, it could mean fewer accidental bobble-heads.
This is an awesome idea. I had the plan to use purse snaps to hold the back of a Mk VI on after putting it on (light magnets so as not to mess with the head). I love the idea, though, and it works along the same principles. The only difficulty might come from ventilation, but that is easily solved.

I've been conceptualizing possible ventilation systems for the JFO, although I haven't had the time or materials to actually build and test any of these theories. The chin dimples could be opened up for ventilation, as well as the more obvious vents where the neck/jawline pieces connect to the cheek plates. One could also put a line of small holes along the underside of the "lip" where the forehead overhangs the visor, which could help with keeping the visor itself from fogging up as well.

The stepped plates at the back of the neck could also be opened up a bit on the overhangs. For example, the diagonal connectors (those protruding away from the unfolded piece to avoid overlap) could be left off completely, leaving two to four openings at the back of the neck for further ventilation. A small cooling fan in each of the jaw vents could draw fresh air in, and another small fan at the back of the neck could draw the air out (or vice versa) to give a constant circulation, and the chin dimples could vent out the breath to further help the visor from getting fogged up.

The jawline vent areas might even provide a large enough pocket to hold a single section of Techni-ice in each, essentially creating a miniaturized A/C system inside the helmet that should last the majority of the day. If someone were to be very ambitious, they might carve and arrange the helmet padding to create channels to draw the cooled air up to the crown or forehead before coming down and out the back. This is where having the fan in the back piece comes in handy, as it should create more of a vacuum effect that would keep the air flowing.

That's the easy part. The complications start when trying to figure out how to integrate this system with the spring-loaded expansion plate system that opens the helmet while still leaving enough room for our heads.

I would also suggest what Star Wars Royal Guards do. They have small areas around their visor (connecting it at the sides only) to allow ventilation through that. Also, you might want to look into a belt or back mounted battery powered fish tank air system. Run the hose(s) up under the neck seal into the helmet to assist with air flow.

I'd been toying with the idea of using Techni Ice and fans for most of the cooling. With Spartan armor the large back plates could hold several Techni Ice panels and a system of fans could draw air in through the top or bottom, and it could be channeled through the underarm plating and across the chest. My thought was to use an Armor Ability module to house the power supply for that, and if I can piece together an extremely low-profile quick connect/disconnect junction, perhaps it could power the helmet fans as well. Forearm and shoulder/bicep pieces would be small enough to only need one or two Techni Ice panels, and the thigh and shin pieces maybe three or four, with enough insulation in each piece that it's not too extremely cold against the skin. What I have to work with for an undersuit right now is just a pair of skintight jogging pants and a heatgear shirt, which by design offers little to no insulation whatsoever.

It's great to brainstorm like this. I've seen some of your other posts around the forums, and you've had some really great design ideas, both for costuming and more practical applications. But I think we're drifting more and more off topic for this particular thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back