*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan5511

Jr Member
Hey, I love these, great job all! One question though, I got the shoulder and fore-arm pieces, and when I download the opposite side it is exactly the same as the other......? And the thigh, how do I get the other leg?
 

SquishyShoes

Well-Known Member
BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge said:
seconded, as i think its the most intriguing weapon, in terms of basic function in relation to all the other MA5 models in the games and novels. if i had any talent with 3d or pep, i'd be all over it like talking bees on cheerios..

but thank you guys for the awesome pep files so far!! i've already printed out the chest, and jun's helmet (though, i'm not doing a noble team member, just a generic spartan III, gamma company).

Big thank you to mr mclain for the files!

can't wait for more files to come out!


There is a couple of MA37 files floating around the forums I'll shoot you some links when I hop on tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spartan5511

Jr Member
Ok, and one more question about them, actually probably two...



First, I am planning on making one possibly two Reach armor sets to wear at the release (one or me, one for a friend). These are scaled right?



Second, is there a large difference between Carters armor and Noble 6's? I can spot a few things, like the shoulder and the helmet, but like are the shins and chest pieces the same?



EDIT: Could someone post a Carter helmet file, unfolded please?
 

Brandon McClain

Well-Known Member
Carters armor is essentially the same. The only difference is the shoulders, the pouches on his chest and the helm. The armor is the same for everyone except Jorge, they just have different add ons.
 

Spartan5511

Jr Member
Brandon McClain said:
Carters armor is essentially the same. The only difference is the shoulders, the pouches on his chest and the helm. The armor is the same for everyone except Jorge, they just have different add ons.


Thanks, and based on what I've found there isn't a Carter helmet available yet?



Artek said:
any insight on those shins?


Whats wrong with them? I just started them and they seem fine...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AceHigh

Member
Artek said:
any insight on those shins?


Spartan5511 said:
Whats wrong with them? I just started them and they seem fine...
What's wrong is that there are a few open edges in the model. Some faces therefore aren't connected to the sorrounding faces, meaning no tabs are there to glue them in place. I checked Brandon's and rvb18's unfolds, and both left the open edges in the model. Should be an easy fix if rundown allows someone to alter his model or does it himself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ruze789

Well-Known Member
Brandon McClain said:
Re did the unfold on the shoulder. I accidentally flipped the faces, and it was way too small for me. This one should be a lot better.
Thanks, added it to the first post. That was rundown's shoulder, correct?





spartan.062 said:
Does anyone have a pep model of the Ma37?
MikyVengeance said:
is there a pep friendly reach assaultrifle anywhere? : )
Squishy said:
Here's some thread links with MA37s:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24331

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24828&st=40

I can't seem to be able to find the rest.

Not sure whether they all have download links in them though.


ACDCrockr209's AR file won't load for me at all in Pep, I've also tried re-exporting from Sketchup and no dice... he was going to get me an obj to play with but haven't heard from him in a while...

drgon47's file is not meant for pep, and is not released yet.



So far I have no Reach AR files to put in here.





Artek said:
Also, it looks as if the rest of the shin (the black knee pieces) are part of the soft suit, opinions?


Yes. The shin and knee are separate pieces and it looks like the black bits in the knee are part of the undersuit.





Spartan5511 said:
Thanks, and based on what I've found there isn't a Carter helmet available yet?


No Carter helmet yet.





WRising said:
I don't believe B1ahh's Jun helmet is on here... If that could be added - my unfold :D

here's the link:

B1ahh Jun helmet


Hmmm I bookmarked it and everything, thanks for the headsup! Just waiting for Blahh's approval to post it and then it will be added.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spartan5511

Jr Member
Ok, someone mentioned earlier about this, but didn't say how to do it. For the thighs and shoulders and stuff, how do you flip them? (Step by step please)



Also, are the shin pieces, the ones found in the bundle pack, would they work on both legs without having to flip them?
 

AceHigh

Member
rvb18 said:
i left the edges open because in the game you have the option to remove that part of the shin. if that is a problem, the easiest fix is to cut the main part were it meets the other part and that cut part will act as the tab
It's not those edges that Artek was talking about. The knee cap and front part are removable, but there are other open edges that doesn't have to do with removable parts.



Reachshinopenedges.jpg




I believe the part in the pink square is the part that Artek was mainly concerned about. There's also open edges at the bottom in the blue square. These ones don't have anything to do with removing parts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nicktendo

Well-Known Member
Spartan5511 said:
Ok, someone mentioned earlier about this, but didn't say how to do it. For the thighs and shoulders and stuff, how do you flip them? (Step by step please)



Also, are the shin pieces, the ones found in the bundle pack, would they work on both legs without having to flip them?


Watch this video. I think Ben covers it at the end.



http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25795
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Artek

Member
AceHigh said:
It's not those edges that Artek was talking about. The knee cap and front part are removable, but there are other open edges that doesn't have to do with removable parts.



Reachshinopenedges.jpg




I believe the part in the pink square is the part that Artek was mainly concerned about. There's also open edges at the bottom in the blue square. These ones don't have anything to do with removing parts.
yes thank you. just had some ideas about how we can do them removable but still have them appear with some weight on them. gonna try and cut some extra out tonight to show what i mean!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top