*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice! :) I too made a report. Maybe if enough people complain about this, then something will be done. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to show a little something I did. ******FIRST OF ALL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY****** The boot armor belongs to Ruze789. I just LOVE how he modeled it! :D I think it looks great and since I felt that this awesome boot armor needed a toe piece, I decided to ATTEMPT a try at modeling. This is the first model I have done, and yes, it probably sucks, but it might be able to work. XD

However, after some close inspection of the live version of Kat, I noticed how the top, front part of the armor seemed to look a little thick, so I edited Ruze's beautiful boot armor to contain that so now the top front part sort of all fits together. Also with the way I edited it, I had a plan in mind.......since with the way this is designed, it might make walking a bit hard since it might not bend too easy at the toe, SO........if your creative enough, you can figure out how to do a sort of spring hinge so that when you walk, the top front part will move. It's hard to explain, but if you sort of get what I'm saying and can picture it, then you're good to go! XD haha

Here is what I got: (I really had no idea what I was doing.) XD lol

53qrfm.jpg

To Ruze789 - With your permission, I would like to release this as one full piece. I WAS going to have my toe piece seperate, but then I started to think about sizing issues so I decided to combine it as one whole piece. Of course, you will get credit for being the original modeler of the boot armor. :)
HG, did you ever get the green light to release this as one piece? I dled and pepped your toe piece but like you say scaling is rough trying to get the two pieces to go together And fit my boot properly. Anyway, just seeing if that ever happened. Thanks for the toe piece!

HG, did you ever get the green light to release this as one piece? I dled and pepped your toe piece but like you say scaling is rough trying to get the two pieces to go together And fit my boot properly. Anyway, just seeing if that ever happened. Thanks for the toe piece!

I actually ended up using a toe piece that was made by AceNat. Since it was a shorter version, it allowed for easier movement when walking. However, I edited that file too. XD lol

You could probably talk to AceNat and she could give you the file, OR I can PM you the file I edited. Since the boot armor and toe piece are seperate, you will also end up with different width measurments for each piece. If you make them the same, your toe piece might not fit as well over the toe of your shoe. I somehow got lucky when I got mine to scale right due to the pieces that stick out on the side of the toe piece. :D

How do you scale the shoulder and forearm attachments in proportion with the shoulder and forearm? or do you not have to do that?

hi. so i want to open one of the files but all that comes up is jibberish. is there a reader i need to download to view the files? thanks

ok so how do i addjust the scale so that the helmet fits my head?

With PD3 open the program and go to 2D Pattern Window then go to Change Development Scale, to get a measurement for your size measure from your chin to the top of your head don't bend the measuring tape keep it completly vertical add a 2-3 inches to your measurement for padding, etc, etc. put that into the scale as the height only problem is PD3 works in Millimeters so with a internet search type in, "whatever inches you got" to Millimeters, and it should tell you how many millimeters you need to change the height to.

With PD3 open the program and go to 2D Pattern Window then go to Change Development Scale, to get a measurement for your size measure from your chin to the top of your head don't bend the measuring tape keep it completly vertical add a 2-3 inches to your measurement for padding, etc, etc. put that into the scale as the height only problem is PD3 works in Millimeters so with a internet search type in, "whatever inches you got" to Millimeters, and it should tell you how many millimeters you need to change the height to.

thanks alot!!

is there anybody working on the reach odst armor,I only ask becuase I don't want
to start one any of the other current stuff to find out later that the reach stuff has
been put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back