*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're asking me if I have the base armour files for Halo Reach in the OBJ section - I'll check, and if not, I'll upload the raw base bipeds as soon as I get a free moment.
That's fairly ill-advised. Adding components onto the file meddles with scaling the base component - I found this to my own detriment a few years back with FS's Mk VI torso set. It's a nice idea, but Pepakura's a pain like that.

I'll send you the Torso file that I have so you can check it out.
I really don't think it creates any issue in terms of scaling.

Step 1: How wide is your torso?
Step 2: Measure Distance between Two Points (in the 3D Window)
Step 3: Adjust Scale Factor based on difference
Step 4: Remeasure for verification
Step 5: Clean up and print
(This is the new scaling method, Measure Distance is a fairly new feature that has been added, which definitely helps)

Everything gets scaled together, it's not like things become deformed. Granted, some of the game polygons do intersect with other polygons, but that is simply a problem we have to be aware of for all models.

Again, I can upload all of the Base Armor files, I just didn't want to step on your toes and get in your way.

Thanks for the update. I have some robot arm files ready for upload, and they'll be going up as soon as I can. Please bear with us while we continue to populate the Archive.

Awesome, thanks.
I also can't seem to get into the Reach Archives on 4shared. My account is older, I wasn't active for some time, and have become active again. I meet the minimum post requirements (Last I checked, it was 50) and I still can't access them. Is there something I'm missing?

Awesome, thanks.
I also can't seem to get into the Reach Archives on 4shared. My account is older, I wasn't active for some time, and have become active again. I meet the minimum post requirements (Last I checked, it was 50) and I still can't access them. Is there something I'm missing?

The 4Shared archive is experiencing some issues - I don't hold access to the account myself, so I can't fix the problem, and attempts to reach the admin of that particular archive haven't been successful. Our own Archive here on the site should have what you need though.

Well, apparently I'm not friends with MissingSpartan7 on XBL anymore, so I can't message him to ask him what's up.
I'm pretty sure he was the one that kept it alive, could be wrong though.

Doe anyone have the Lower torso/ ab section and Boot from Dawn Under Heaven?? I'm finally starting to get pieces together to start on my Carter, and saw them and thought they would help out a lot, but can't find them anywhere... I tried messaging the guys, but they haven't been on for a few months, so last option was to come here.. Can anyone help me out?

Doe anyone have the Lower torso/ ab section and Boot from Dawn Under Heaven?? I'm finally starting to get pieces together to start on my Carter, and saw them and thought they would help out a lot, but can't find them anywhere... I tried messaging the guys, but they haven't been on for a few months, so last option was to come here.. Can anyone help me out?

As you've said, the 4Shared archive is down and the people responsible for maintaining it are out of contact, and the files aren't on our own Archive. I'll have a poke around and see if I can find something, but I make no promises.

No one has the DawnUnderHeaven files.
Those that do aren't giving them out.

I think you might still be able to contact that project, not sure, just giving a heads up.

WandererTJ is mostly right. I actually have those files, but I won't be sharing them for a few reasons. The people that have those files paid for them. You're not likely to get them for free. If anyone shares them, going around the creator's head, they'll be overstepping boundaries, since everyone who purchased them through kickstarter donations did so on good faith that they would remain exclusive to the ones supporting the Dawn Under Heaven project.

Ok, thanks for the heads up guys, sorry if I overstepped. I just couldn't get in contact with them, but good news is I managed to get in contact with them a few days ago, and am currently waiting for financial situations to right themselves and will be paying for them in the next few weeks hopefully. In the meantime, there's always the weapons to work on till that glorious time comes that I buy the files!! :D

Ok, thanks for the heads up guys, sorry if I overstepped. I just couldn't get in contact with them, but good news is I managed to get in contact with them a few days ago, and am currently waiting for financial situations to right themselves and will be paying for them in the next few weeks hopefully. In the meantime, there's always the weapons to work on till that glorious time comes that I buy the files!! :D

I wouldn't bother. I have the files myself and while I'll admit, some of them are good - on the downside, some of them aren't fit for wearing (scaling to the body is a prominent issue) and I've been waiting almost four years for the rest of the files as it is.

Save yourself some money - the files we have in the Archive are free, and in some cases better than the material the DUH team can offer, since they've been developed with the user in mind as opposed to CGI projects. That said, if you want to donate to the film, I wouldn't argue against it.

Honestly, I think the best file in the DUH set is probably the Halo Reach undersuit. At least by comparison of the files we have.
Every other file has one issue or another that is equal on level with issues that other files have.
The DUH bicep for instance does happen to include the details on the rear side, but the outer side of the bicep isn't shaped right. They correctly have the wedge at the top going in instead of out like most others do, but it just isn't the right shape.

IMG_5227.JPGHI all,i'm asking your help to find this Jun addons i didn't find in this thread, i hope you can help me...Thanks a lot

IMG_5227.JPG

Fonzie, both those are meant to be cloth so I doubt you could get pep files for it. most of us I would guess use mil surplus packs an such for these pieces

Would you happen to have the file for this torso piece on hand? Your link brings me to a blank page. Thank you.

This list is a really handy asset for rookies like me.
I cant wait to check out some of these files.
Thanx for compiling the list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back