The Pillar of Autumn model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal

Ok so I am constructing the model of the Pillar of Autumn that will be used in chewdog316's fan film movie. so far i have spent alot of time gathering referance pictures and information on some possible methods of construction. Here are just a few select referance pictures that i have gathered to help me in this build process.

PillarofAutumnCollecive.jpg

The construction of the ship will be a foam board sketeton that will be finished with a thick paper like poster board ffor the outer skin. That is all i will say for now, there will be some pics of the beginnings of construction hopefully withing the next week or two.

Eternal said:
Ok so I am constructing the model of the Pillar of Autumn that will be used in chewdog316's fan film movie. so far i have spent alot of time gathering referance pictures and information on some possible methods of construction. Here are just a few select referance pictures that i have gathered to help me in this build process.

PillarofAutumnCollecive.jpg

The construction of the ship will be a foam board sketeton that will be finished with a thick paper like poster board ffor the outer skin. That is all i will say for now, there will be some pics of the beginnings of construction hopefully withing the next week or two.
Good Luck ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
would that be strong enough for shipping? i know you live in CA, have you tried plastic sheets?

Excellent work Eternal. I don't think anyone has ever done this before. Be sure to document your work thoroughly, because when you get it finished I think that you could get some attention for this. Halo.Bungie.Org will most surely want to put it on their front page.

:clap:

so i went to Kinkos today and had a full size 4ft long print out of the side profile of the ship. I will use this to help me keep the proportions right. I will probably start planning out the construction of the skeleton today.

Here is the FIRST picture of the begginings of construction. :mrgreen:

This is only the 80% of the skeleton for the mid section that it is sittin above.

IMG_1816.jpg

OK so i have made some progress i have been working on the engines, which are the most chalenging because i had to figure out how to light them up and not see any of the inner workings from the exterior and make them sturdy but light. I will post some progress pictures soon.
Making the over all shape is not too hard, but what is proving to be the most chalenging is all the little details and pieces that have to be fabricated, this is where i am having to get real creative kinda like how they used egg catons on the original Star Wars Models for the engines.

OK guys i promised progress pics of the engines and here they are. all the ngines need left is the detail pieces and the lights inside. but other wise i went it a closer to the game design than the more elaborate engines you see in the pics on the front page, because i would have to sculpt those and it would take way too long and be too expensive for this project, so i got creative, the ribbed sections around the engine give it that fanned look around some sort of jet engine and help seal up light leaks around the edges, and all it is is thin stips of the exposed corrigation of cardboard. :lindsey:

Engines.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back