The Seriously Ultimate Assault Rifle Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sound we are using is ripped straight from the game so it will be as accurate as possible. I'll be using the in-game sound of the assault rifle actually firing.

Removing the rubber 'bumper' from the recoil unit will produce a metal clicking noise, but it won't be much more than that...

Juliet76, I'll keep you updated. I'll be able to load the sound chip with whatever weapon you want, or other sounds/voice you provide too.

Guilty, I'm not sure yet. Once I have a working prototype, I'll let you guys know. I'll be keeping it cost effective though, I want to see some sound effects in peoples gear! :D

Very nice work - I'll be following this with much interest. I used rigid insulation foam in a Robot Chicken Vader helmet a couple of years ago, so I know how useful it can be sometimes.

TERRA Operative said:
Juliet76, I'll keep you updated. I'll be able to load the sound chip with whatever weapon you want, or other sounds/voice you provide too...

:eek TERRA, don't take this the wrong way, but if you come through with this as well as you guys hope, then I want to have your baby. You know, in a totally manly kinda way... wait that doesn't sound right either. :p

... I want to see some sound effects in peoples gear! :D

And we want them in them! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We shall name him Xavier and he will become ruler of all and defender of awesome.

The circuit for the chip will be able to accommodate 4 sound clips per chip. I think this is a good trade off of sound clip quality and length against a useful number of sounds.

juliet76 said:
TERRA Operative, Metal Fr3q, I'm sorry I haven't checked in here sooner. I can't believe that you're doing this awesome work in the same town as me and it's taken me this long to notice it!

Love the work fellas. TERRA the electronic kits you intend to put in has completly changed my thoughts on building a Reach AR based off of my blueprints. I'd definately like to be one of the first to grab a kit off of you- if not the first seeing as I'd just be able to drive over and pick it up!

Mwwhahahahahaaa! Now you begin to understand, he who dies with the most clamps... WINS!!!

HAHA, took your time juliet76. Yes many a thought does change when you factor in the possibility of shiny lights and bang bang noise to an otherwise plain chunk of pep/wood/whatever. :D

and YYEEEEEEEESSS... clamps = win!!

We'll get there eventually, i am getting side tracked from the rifle to at least make a start on our armor project we also want to do (shiny lights included) so ive been pepping a few things to see how they look, but thats another story for another day.

juliet76 said:
TERRA, don't take this the wrong way, but if you come through with this as well as you guys hope, then I want to have your baby. You know, in a totally manly kinda way... wait that doesn't sound right either.

TERRA Operative said:
We shall name him Xavier and he will become ruler of all and defender of awesome.

Your such a man whore :plol

^You leave my man and our baby alone!!!......... Bwwhahahahahahaaa...aha ahhh. *wipes tear from eyes* :lol

Back to been serious, I can't recall exactly what was mentioned about what your intentions were for the mag (the possibility of a battery pack?) but I do have dummy 7.62mm rounds that moulds could be taken of. Also as the project gets further along and you get to the point of looking to do moulds I too have a project I want to mould and cast, if you guys aren't too far from me (which I get the impression you're not) perhaps we could consider pooling funds to see if we can get more supplies for less?

I've also been considering building a roto caster. Two extra brains for input would be great. :)

We need to meet. I'm just south of Sunnybank, and Metalfr3q is near Tooheys forest or something.

The magazine will probably house the speaker. I can get bullets, as my brother shoots a 3030 Marlin, but if you have old shells that would be awesome, and cheaper than stealing new shells from my brother...

We do plan on casting a few things. I like the idea of bulk buying, and building a roto caster would be sweet.

Not just shells, dummy rounds- spent shells with projectiles pressed in the top. ;)

You're right about the meeting, I'm at Kedron. Near Sunnybank ain't too bad, but as for Tooheys Forest? Terra, have you been drinking? Is that where the deers come from that they shoot into the sky to make it rain beer? :p

TERRA Operative said:
Metalfr3q is near Tooheys forest or something.

Tooheys Forest? It's Toohey Forest.. and thats a forest!! not a suburb! >.<

juliet76 said:
Tooheys Forest? Terra, have you been drinking? Is that where the deers come from that they shoot into the sky to make it rain beer?

AAAAAAAH HAHAHAHAHAHA... AAAAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..... AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ah i think i wet myself. (man i love that add)

Anywho, strangely no Terra hasn't been drinking. Because he doesn't drink, at all, ever. He just cant remember my freaking suburb!!
(ow my face is really hurting from laughing) Which is Tarragindi btw :pThen again, alot of ppl dont know where it is, its that small. DAMMIT i keep reading that line and its making me laugh! ARGH julz, ya killed me

Question about recoil. Did you get your hands on the solenoids? What kind of amperage do they pull with the weight you had in mind?

The wattage listed on this product page that you posted earlier says 24-50W. At 12V that works out to a 2-4 Amp pull on the batteries. That is a lot of battery to cram in there.

Edit: I feel dumb... Can do it with some 9V batteries and a fat capacitor, that's how. Add a diode and your done.

Ah, shutup. It sounds the same... I suck at names. Everything should be called the same name to make it easy.

The solenoids pull a few amps, but being pulsed, the current draw on the batteries shouldn't be too bad. I'm planning on using 2.2Ah SLA batteries, mounted inside the hand grip. I should measure just how much current they do draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back