The Xbox One. Opinions? Worth buying???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that excused them. but I think they have better things to spy on than the worlds geeks and nerds (Myself inclyded) playing video games.
Now onto the kinect. You will kick yourselfs when they bring out a game for it and you all go **** That is col, it works and I can not play it cause I was affraid of my government.

and I leave you with a quote on democracy. "When the people fear their government there is Tyranny, when a Government fears its people there is democracy"
Kinda works for Microsoft as well.

I never said that excused them. but I think they have better things to spy on than the worlds geeks and nerds (Myself inclyded) playing video games.
Now onto the kinect. You will kick yourselfs when they bring out a game for it and you all go **** That is col, it works and I can not play it cause I was affraid of my government.

and I leave you with a quote on democracy. "When the people fear their government there is Tyranny, when a Government fears its people there is democracy"
Kinda works for Microsoft as well.

small Fact. America is a Republic. not a democracy.

Now You Know

Technically is a Constitutional Republic... but anyways back on topic, I don't know if anyone has seen this article yet, but it may give those of you saying f*** xbox, a reason to stay with them...

http://m.theleafchronicle.com/topnews/article?a=2013306210028&f=548

Chris

Im not sure it was ever the X-box itself that people were specifically upset with, but rather Microsoft's over-restrictive policies. Still, its been good to see that they've actually responded to the consumer outcry, and stuck their proverbial foot in their mouths with the crass remark regarding internet for military gamers. Lets hope they keep on the right track and maybe they'll actually have a competitive market with Sony once products hit the shelves! XD

Im not sure it was ever the X-box itself that people were specifically upset with, but rather Microsoft's over-restrictive policies.

Restrictions are bad themselves, but my god... Microsoft's attitude was just insulting! Their reveal flat out told us of their new "future" they had in store for us... and expected us to stfu and buy their stuff. They even went further and shut down the press conference... and told those without a good internet to buy a 360. WTF is wrong with their thinking????

Maybe if they wanted those with the perfect setting for the Xbox (old policies) to buy that "exclusive" version with added benefits for those who sucked up the bad stuff... but that would've been more costly and we all know what Microsoft will do with anything expensive to them...

Well at least the Xbox is better now. Like I've said many times over, I'm still not convinced with the Kinect. Since their always plugged in thing hasn't changed, I have a nagging feeling that they're still up to something. I don't even want to fork over the extra 100 for potential junk.

After all this, I'll rethink my approach on the Xbox One because "the internet won" and they backed down but it'll be a year until I buy one for myself. Those games are irresistible after all.

Also... those of you constitution lovers, thanks for being who you are. We need more of you guys.

This whole "deal with it"-attitude from Microsoft is/was just awful and their stupid and condescending answers (if they gave any at all) just made it worse.
WTF is wrong with their thinking????
I'm through with them. If it wasn't for Halo I'd say goodbye to Microsoft products. Yes, Sony aren't the good guys they want to make us believe, but at least for now they are the petty evils, or maybe they changed and learn from mistakes.

Restrictions are bad themselves, but my god... Microsoft's attitude was just insulting! Their reveal flat out told us of their new "future" they had in store for us... and expected us to stfu and buy their stuff. They even went further and shut down the press conference... and told those without a good internet to buy a 360.

Agreed 100%. It been hard at best and infuriating at most for anyone whose considered themselves a MS fan (and I use that term VERY loosely). While I feel better about the X-Box, I'd still like to see more sincerity and definitely more tact from MS when dealing with their consumers.

just remembered another reason im not getting a xbox1 Microsoft F'ed up my life by selling the 360 before it was ready ive had three RROD and they blocked my console from Xbox live with an update (when i call them i was told its because i was running copied games, this was not correct) they have had there cash off me, sony can have some now :)

well MS is still BSing
this is how the NSA will lisen into u and what your doin. even if u have the kiect turned off. its never off

Last edited by a moderator:
now that they loosened thier restrictions on the console, i will buy the Xbox before the ps4. I feel the games are better and have better downloadable content as well as a superior controller. However I will never forget how microsoft really feels about its consumers and will keep that in mind on all future Microsoft products i buy

Thing is, kinect is still there, milking us of another 100 extra dollars that ind rather not fork over. It's hard enough to get money to spend on things willy nilly which is why I'm having a serious re think of all this.

500 + 60x (games) + 40 (controller) + 60-70 (memberships) + dlc = 1000+

I can't pay all that... Being a high school student trying to form a preferable future.

Don't think it's all about money though, because like Pyronari says we won't forget what they tried to do

Honestly, after reading everything Microsoft has stated about it, and watching the press releases several times, I don't think it is worth it. It is a hundred dollars more than the comparable PS4, the "Always on" Kinect feature really discourages me (why in the world would they expect people to want a camera/microphone system to ALWAYS BE ON?!?!), and the games are getting repetitive. Titanfall, Destiny, and Project Spark are the only ones that aren't copy-paste shoot 'em ups, like Battlefield, COD, and Halo have become.

In related opinion, I don't think the PS4 is worth it either. Their main idea for it is to try and sell their new television system, and have it be an internet search device, and have it play movies better than most DVD/Bluray players do. That isn't what a CONSOLE is for. If you want to have a computer, you buy a computer; a movie experience, you buy a DVD player; wanna watch tv shows, get cable/HULU. Yeah, having apps for that stuff would be cool, but they are turning the PS4's main idea away from gaming and towards all of that.

Neither Microsoft nor Sony are offering any exclusive games that would make me jump for their consoles either. Destiny can be played on current-gen, and while both Titanfall and The Order: 1886 look amazing, I can certainly wait. The Halo trailer also looks more like it belongs under Star Wars, not Halo... I think that I'll save up my 300-500 bucks, and build a computer that can out perform either console, and run Linux- then I'm not supporting any individual company more than another, and I will know exactly the capabilities of my system...

even after Microsoft backpeddled on their online once a day, used game policies I still think sony has won me over for the next generation consoles

For me, its a hard choice, eather go with PS4, or stick with MC and get the xbox1, which also will have the next halo... kinda hard not to say no strickly for that reason alone. Theres still a lot of issues I have with xb1, which I do hope they'll change before launch but problably not. Have to wait it out and see. All I can say is xbox1 does have a lot of better pics for games rather the ps4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back