The Xbox One. Opinions? Worth buying???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft just rowed back:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

So here are the recent changes:

"So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

Well, there's still Kinect that has to be plugged in and the rather expensive price (I know it's because of Kinect that comes with it), well, at least the console will survive, but I'm not convinced yet, I'll probably get it when Halo 5 is released, but not a day sooner.

WHOOO HOOOOOO, Good on you Microsoft, you actually listened to us!!!!!!

Kinda makes me laugh to be honest. Like I said before policies can change, and I think Microsoft realized that they need to do some major backpedaling if they didn't want to lose even more followers. It's also sort of a shame, the Xbox One seems like it has great potential as a gaming platform but MS policies have just held it back. Here's hoping they keep changing for the better!

They have passed a major hurdle, but the NSA thing is still makes a fw people uneasy. Once thats gone, I think they are in the clear.

The Xbox One..... It looks awesome and I think the games will be awesome for it but.... all the other things like paying to play something, or to have internet just to play a game. For me and I not saying it's bad or anything but, I probably won't buy it. :(

The Xbox One..... It looks awesome and I think the games will be awesome for it but.... all the other things like paying to play something, or to have internet just to play a game. For me and I not saying it's bad or anything but, I probably won't buy it. :(

I would suggest reading the posts before yours ;)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I didn't want to let go of Xbox but now I don't have to.

Now mu only complaint with Xbox is the mandatory Kinect. if only I don't have to fork out another 100 for that useless POS

how much you guys wanna bet I'll never use that thing?

well well MC u did a 180, but we still need the kinect to run the xbox one. so that means the govt and NSA and still spy on u... so still no buy for me. and its still has a $500 price tag. im going to be lucky to get a ipad mini. no way me my mom and dad can pay $500 for a xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly the Kinect thing is a big deal, but I'll find a way to stifle it so I can play Halo. I'm betting that if there are enough people that want to shut their Kinect completely out, someone in the aftermarket Like Madcatz, etc will engineer a Kinect bypass so that you can just unplug it and throw it away.

Frankly the Kinect thing is a big deal, but I'll find a way to stifle it so I can play Halo. I'm betting that if there are enough people that want to shut their Kinect completely out, someone in the aftermarket Like Madcatz, etc will engineer a Kinect bypass so that you can just unplug it and throw it away.
or you put a cover ontop, boom, he can't see anyting anymore

can we drop the crazy conspiracy. just cause they can (and admitadly have). they got caught. now as pointed out unless you are building a bomb infront of your kinect or planning something you shouldn't then all they will have is hours of you sitting down bashing buttons and yelling at the tv. if they are watching feel sorry and expect a call from the funny farm.

and I will be getting the xbox 1 (180) as soon as I can. was going to get one no matter what.

With this latest news i'm a lot happier about buying one. I was always going to buy one it just means i will more than likely buy one soon than i was originally.

Just proves that companies will listen to there customers, well there customers and when preorder sales tank.

With this latest news i'm a lot happier about buying one. I was always going to buy one it just means i will more than likely buy one soon than i was originally.

Just proves that companies will listen to there customers, well there customers and when preorder sales tank.

Actually they're listening to $$ and their competitors. ;)

Don't all the conspiracy theorist wrap things in aluminum foil to block government transmissions. So just wrap the kinetic's device with that and you’re good to go.

Don't all the conspiracy theorist wrap things in aluminum foil to block government transmissions. So just wrap the kinetic's device with that and you’re good to go.
Nah, i wouldn't be so shure about that, I heard that the console will stop working if the camera is covered for some period of time and can't see the gamer. We'll find out.

IF YOU OWN A PHONE/TABLET/PC/LAPTOP/etc, THE GOVT CAN ALREADY SPY ON YOU! How many of you own a phone or computer device with a microphone and camera? EXACTLY! You might as well just start digging your bunker now.

Guys before things get out of hand...

tinfoilhats_2012.jpg
[/URL]

Yes, government is doing things they shouldn't do, and they've admitted to it (which doesn't excuse them Exaldear)

Let's not go crazy on 405th about this though. We still need to be vocal about it and keep calling them out so they are suppressed, but we can't start a riot on this site. Just trying to calm down before this thread goes up in flames. Remember, we're talking about a game system here.

Now for those truth seekers who will save our lives, keep it up. Let people know. Just do me a favor and do it in a rational and mannerly way. We don't want people to say: "Hey this isn't important, can we stop with the conspiracy thing?" because it IS IMPORTANT.

Anyways, I've updated the starter post. What do you guys thing with the new announcements? We still can't trust Microsoft with this because they've clearly shown us they're after power and control (which has been from the start and can be understood)

The used game and always on thing takes a lot of weight off my back though. really glad to see that happening and it wouldn't have been possible if not for those whistle blowers, I thank and congratulate you guys. Now let's take it to the Kinect. That's really an unsettling aspect of the console. I still won't buy it if Kinect stands even if I wrap it with tin foil and put 3 Armadillo hats on it... and put it in my closet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back