Foam Thel Vadamee cosplay pre Arbiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think its possible to do a jackel sniper I've just been inspired
It is absolutly possible, and I would love to see you do it!!!
halo_3_jackal_cosplay_by_randomflyingpigeons_d2ptc8o-pre.jpg

About a year ago, i started making plans to build Fleetmaster Thel Vadamee from Halo 2 Anniversary. I love that design of Elite and of course the character and had to build a cosplay. Over the past year i made my own templates, went thru tons of trial and error, and finally finished the cosplay in late March. I took several pictures throughout the build process and i want to show how i managed to pull it off.
The first step was planning it all out. How the costume would fit onto me, how tall i wanted it to be, etc.
I then made pepakura templates from a 3d model of a H2A elite that i bought online. I separated the model into several pieces, mainly just each armor piece. I did this in Blender. Then exported from obj over to pdo, and unfolded every armor piece for use with foam.
I printed everything out - tons of pages! Traced onto foam, and began building. I used foam i got from Walmart as well as Tntcosplaysupply.com. - i started with the helmet and a place holder for the head. Then the arms and so on.
The legs were a bit tricky. But i managed to make them work as an illusion. Im able to stand up straight in the cosplay, while the legs look semi digitigrade.
For the boots, i made lifts by stacking foam mats until i got the height i wanted. The boots give me a 10inch lift. The foam mats were cut into the shape of the elite boot, glued and stacked and then wrapped with thinner foam on the outside to give a uniform shape. And i have slip on shoes glued into the tops of the boots. I will be updating these later on tho, so stay tuned.
I made the muscle suit from soft, spongey foam i found at walmart, which i glued onto a morph suit. The hex fabric i found online thru Yaya Han cosplay fabric, which i glued over the mucles suit. I used contact cement for pretty much everything.
The face is 10mm eva foam with 4mm eva foam stretched over it. And the head piece is worn like a hat. I literally glued a hat on the inside of it. I see thru the mouth.
The teeth are made of heat moldable plastic that i got on amazon.
It took about a year to plan out and fully build the entire costume. I still plan on rebuilding some pieces to make more screen accurate, and when i do i will update this thread =]
Oh geez, it is gorgeous!

how did you make the stilts?
There actually aren't any stilts. I made lifts. Im standing on 10inch lifts (the hoof - several stacked layers of EVA foam) and then the shin and thigh armor is angled to give the digitigrade illusion. Im standing up straight in costume

There actually aren't any stilts. I made lifts. Im standing on 10inch lifts (the hoof - several stacked layers of EVA foam) and then the shin and thigh armor is angled to give the digitigrade illusion. Im standing up straight in costume
oh, do you think you could make a tutorial video on how to make them, maybe youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back