Thinking Cardboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atom

So I'm noticing more and more cardboard on the 405th. When done right it looks pretty good. I have a lot of experience with cardboard cause I used to make my LARPer friend's armor.

So what do the pro's think? I have plenty of templates but I am on the fence about quality. I guess if all else fails I'll just start over or switch to better material.

=Atom

spartan zom-b killa said:
So I'm noticing more and more cardboard on the 405th. When done right it looks pretty good. I have a lot of experience with cardboard cause I used to make my LARPer friend's armor.

So what do the pro's think? I have plenty of templates but I am on the fence about quality. I guess if all else fails I'll just start over or switch to better material.

=Atom

u should proly wait and see how it turn out for us.. or jus try yourself... its not hard

Last edited by a moderator:
Try by making something easy like a boot or handguard maybe even a shoulder if your up to it. Don't start with a helmet or chestpiece. This is all based on opinion so you might want get more opinions than just mine.

Cardboard is a fine building source if you pay attention to the details. ;) But if you slack off on the details then it just looks like a bunch of cardboard trash. I would suggest you start with a weapon to test the cardboard waters. :p A word of advice: Use glue instead of tape. Tape is plentiful and easy, but the paint looks horrible and the resin will melt the tape.

Some people are naturally good/bad at scratchbuilding with cardboard. If this picture makes any sense to you then you will probably be fine building that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back