Thom's ODST Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bobbio. This helmet is just a test run, as it is my first attempt at resin/bondo/rondo. I will probably use Rookies color scheme for this one, dark gray and a light gray stripe. I will then make another, more serious one, with an entire outfit to go with it. I will use the Mickey color scheme on that one. Crimson and gray.

I just checked out your WIP and I have to say bravo sir. Yours is coming along nicely. Your doing the CQC like I'm planning to do. Keep up the good work, and I think the only advice I can give is sand, sand, sand. :)

Thank you everyone for the encouragement, I just wish I had more time to work on it. I have started applying the body filler, but the temperature here has been fluctuating between 60 and 65 degrees, so not ideal weather for this. Anyway, here is a pick with the start of the body filler, and I have also posted a sketch of what I hope my suit will look like when complete. I will Photoshop the pic when it is all inked. Thanks again for the awesome posts and keep checking back, I will have more updates soon. :)

101410165143.jpg

101410142500.jpg

Thanks Vinyl_Hero. And I forgot to point out that the sketch is not done by me, but rather a friend of mine, Neil Bergman. I like the way he draws futuristic armor. :) I am just inking it and then I will be adding color and effects in Photoshop eventually.

Thought I'd come return the compliments :) Looking really good man, bondo is coming out nicely. I DO have one complaint though. You should be drinking Guinness, not Killians. ;) That is all. Great work so far :)

lol, thank you for the compliments. I would have been wearing a Guinness, but my only shirt met it's demise at the jaws of our dogs. :(

Sorry I have not posted any pics lately, I have been busy and the sanding has been tedious, but I bought myself a Black & Decker Mouse today, so I will have new pics up soon.

And for the neck seal, I suggest doing to foam method for it. I've tried the pep, and foam, and foam by far is the easiest.

Hey man the helmet is looking awesome. I'm very excited to see the finished product. I'm going to buy some supplies this Friday and maybe that next week you could come over and help get me a jump start. lol keep up the good work.

Thanks for all the encouragement, it means a lot.

@ Steveperv That is exactly what I plan on doing. WalMart sells the EVA floor mats, 6 for $20. They are 1/2 inch, but I think I can make that work.

@ GeneShogo Thanks man, I would be more than happy to swing by and help you get started. :)

Thanks for all the encouragement, it means a lot.

@ Steveperv That is exactly what I plan on doing. WalMart sells the EVA floor mats, 6 for $20. They are 1/2 inch, but I think I can make that work.

1/2 is perfect, just make sure you have a metal ruler or guide line to cut with. Use a adjustable box cutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back