Thom's ODST Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ StevePerv That's what I thought. I hear a lot of people are using 3/8 in, but that seems a little thin. I was actually thinking about getting a hot knife, but my alternative will definitely be a utility knife.

@ Deputy Dog Thanks. I plan on using the canon color scheme, but I am unsure on what color gray to use. I will figure something out though. :) I may eventually do a full custom suit, but for now I'm going full canon CQC.

Thanks guys, I wish I had some more updates, but the weather here has been working against me lately, and it's hard to find free time. I pepped together a thigh piece that was modeled by Hugh Holder and I applied resin to it last night, but I'm afraid it is still curing. I will have pics up of that soon. My helmet is almost ready for paint and I will post pics soon of that too. Thanks again for all the encouraging words guys. :)

wow. thats really all you can say. its absolutely amazing, from the pep onwards. if the rest of the odst pieces are as good as that, youll deffinately have one of the best odst kits out there. keep it up!

Thanks SpartanRouge1. :)

I am going to buy some polystyrene foam board from Lowe's to start making some weapons out of. I have seen some good pieces come out of using the foam as a solid starting structure. Anyway, anyone have any advice on what cuts this foam the best? I have never worked with this foam, other than installing it into buildings, so I wasn't too worried about accurate cuts lol. Also, what is a good product to seal it once you have the final shape?

Just thought that while I'm waiting for some of the ODST things to cure, I would post some pics of another project of mine. I'm making an Imperial Guardsman LasPistol from Warhammer 40K. Let me know what you think. :)

110510144931.jpg

110510145547.jpg

110510141624.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Here is what I have now with my Laspistol. I'm at a stand still with it until I can get some PVA to seal it.

Laspistol1.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the photo, my phone has a horrible camera.

BY THE EMPEROR. You should pep a scope to attach to a sabre. Then you'd have.... PLUS ONE WEAPON SKILL!!

But seriously, your posts have been a huge help in helping me picture what to do with my build. I'm still in the process of pepping, but I've got over half the suit pepped. Helmet comes last! :p

Thanks man, I'm glad that my project has helped you out. I considered starting with the armor first, but I was confident (if that's the word lol) enough to start with the helmet. Right now, temperatures have been working against me. I'll start working on it again when I manage to get a good heater.

your helmet looks great!! what did you use to put on the pep?

After I pepped the helmet, I applied two coats of polyester resin. Once that cure, I slush-casted some rondo on the interior. Then I started applying Bondo body filler to the exterior on the area's that were uneven, or had harsh edges that couldn't be fixed by sanding alone.

Hope this answers you question, and thank you for the compliment, always appreciated. :)

After I pepped the helmet, I applied two coats of polyester resin. Once that cure, I slush-casted some rondo on the interior. Then I started applying Bondo body filler to the exterior on the area's that were uneven, or had harsh edges that couldn't be fixed by sanding alone.

Hope this answers you question, and thank you for the compliment, always appreciated. :)

yes it does! thank you! i cant wait to see it all painted and finished! have you started the odst armor yet or is this a custom reach build?

I haven't started the armor just yet. I have been messing around with different pep files, but I think I am going to go with the EVA foam. It looks good and is much easier/faster than paper. I'm going to be doing a Reach variant ODST. It was originally going to be a CQC, but I think I will hold off on that, at least until I figure out what I'm going to do for the undersuit. With the Reach ODST undersuit, it's just BDU's, so much simpler lol.

I haven't started the armor just yet. I have been messing around with different pep files, but I think I am going to go with the EVA foam. It looks good and is much easier/faster than paper. I'm going to be doing a Reach variant ODST. It was originally going to be a CQC, but I think I will hold off on that, at least until I figure out what I'm going to do for the undersuit. With the Reach ODST undersuit, it's just BDU's, so much simpler lol.

Nice, I'm going that route myself. I've seen a few people on here heading both in the foam and Reach ODST variant. I'm waiting for that jet pack pep to be finished and then I can have a jump ODST.

PS nice work on the laz pistol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back