Transformers anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT WAS BADASS

Mancubus said:
in the previews there was some preview and it started as a party for someone going to japan then the lights flashed and stuff and everyone went outside and there was like meteors falling down, i think it said it will be out july 18th, but the thing is no one knew what the ovie was called, and i want to know.
And the nuke going off too that looked SICK

Last edited by a moderator:
So good. Going to definitely see it again. Saw it on the 3rd! No lines surprisingly.

Lotta Ebay jokes in there... :Steve:

I have to be completely honest here, and I know it may hurt some of your feelings. I could keep my mouth shut and go with the flow... but as a fan of the cartoon, and being 'of age' and growing up with the TV show and toy line... I really wasn't happy with the movie.

Mostly for reasons that have nothing to do with the Transformers themselves mind you I thought that the last 1/3 of the movie when the action really started happening was pretty good... that is, when they weren't using that 'out-of-focus stuff exploding in your face so you can't see what going on behind it' action movie gag....over and over... Aside for that, the action and effects were overwhelmingly good.

I liked the very first scene of Blackout landing and assualting the base in Quatar... it actually gave me chills. The rest of the first hour I could have done without though... The first 2/3 of the movie was like a they threw a bad sitcom into a blender with lots of commercials and an army recruiting ad. It was so not what I wanted from the movie. Why do I care if Sam gets laid? Why should Bumblebee? Whats the point of having the plucky hot australian codebreaker meet her hacker friend and get arrested? What happened to Scorponok? And the little Deceptacon that got onto Airforce one... what was his name... uh JAR JAR!

Now. I know that the Cartoon TV show was really just a half-hour toy commercial 'in-disguise', but it was about the transformers and their story... it wasn't a teen comedy.... it was about the robots .

Speaking of.... Bumblebee pissed all over John Turrturro. Anyone want to explain that? Yeah, comedic relief, I get it, but there was something so repugnant and unecessary about that scene. Optimus holds up Jazz's remains and says "We lost a good friend and great warrior" ... then what...'Oh, wait there he is!'..then throws him in a scrap heap? And Sam and whats-her-hottie making out on the hood of their sentient robot friend while all the other robots watched in the ending sequence? Um... what was that?

Now I'm fully aware that this movie represents a updating of the film for a younger generation... but really why make it such a lowbrow teen comedy? It's sci-fi movie! Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch with the teen market... but Micheal Bay just pulled a Bumblebee all over my childhood and everything the Transformers once stood for.

I must be out of touch... if only a race of super advanced robots could have a war on my planet so I can get laid.... that must be it.

:roll:

Sorry guys... *puts on flame suit*

thanx alot sean...thanx for ruin transformers for me been waiting for this for 20 years :disagree:

Same here, Im gonna pretend I didnt read what Sean said :p Nothing offensive, just that: Now I see his point of view, now lets see what I think of it, and compare.

Spartan 111 said:
i thought it was wicked good prob my fav movie this year though i didnt lik how they re-named hot shot to bumble bee

that was never surpose to be hot shot

Most remake or adaptation movies of any sort suck. This was actually very good considering. I did think that there was some really stupid stuff in there (most of it already mentioned) but it leveled out well.

I did think is was kind of odd that popsicle Megatron didn't pause for half a second to realize we've moved from the Early Bronze Age to the Computer Age in the time he was frozen.

Im gonna pretend I didnt read what Sean said

Sorry, I was so worked up when I came home, I didn't realize that some of you in this thread might not have seen it already... I thought everybody had seen it by now except me...

Anyway, I don't mean to ruin it for anyone else, those are just my feelings about the movie... I'm also being kinda critical, because it's about something I have fond memories of from my childhood thats been changed forever.

Farewell Transformers.... my heart will go on

:bye2:

Sean Bradley said:
Im gonna pretend I didnt read what Sean said

Sorry, I was so worked up when I came home, I didn't realize that some of you in this thread might not have seen it already... I thought everybody had seen it by now except me...

Anyway, I don't mean to ruin it for anyone else, those are just my feelings about the movie... I'm also being kinda critical, because it's about something I have fond memories of from my childhood thats been changed forever.

Farewell Transformers.... my heart will go on

:bye2:

its not changing my heart, dont get me wrong i love the 80s transformers never did liked the new ones....i jut think its another version of them i wish somethings in the movie was like the 80s but im not a film maker (but a prop builder) im just happy that its a live action

Yo, Falcon, that review was off the hook....

That explains alot to me, and I agree that Michael Bay was not the best choice, but he does make good mechanical mayhem smash-em ups... Looking at it in the context of it being a establishing start for the rest of the ...trilogy.. I understand how they could have missed so much of what made the cartoon so cool.... they're saving it for the sequels.

Thanks for the perspective, and sorry if I overreacted.

And yeah, Link you know it wouldn't be the first time they re-invented the Transformers altogether... thanks for the reminder.

Now when are they gonna make a new A-Team movie?

:christa:

yeah i didnt want to sound like a dick in anyway, people can think what they want about the movie...i was given you a hard time......plus i really enjoy the movie

In my opinion :
One really good movie is better that 3 mediocre movies.

I know its all about the money, but a trilogy about the transformers is just wrong. Yes it looks beautiful and Optimus was never this handsome in real life. But the slogan of the Transformers is still: Transformers...more than meets the eye .

And this certainly counts for the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back