Trickster Loki's Odst Build (On Hold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haloguin said:
damn! can u email me the pep files?

New ODST Thread Check that out. It should help you. Otherwise all the other files can be found on the wiki. Or check SKG's thread for the WETA ODST.

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys here's an update coming your way. Started doing the details on the helmet. Got the visor cut out and am getting ready to vacu-from that. Pep'n some other pieces and yeah! here you go. OH! Need feed back on the size of the forearm piece. To big?

-Loki

gallery_17895_1602_710956.jpg

gallery_17895_1602_2172631.jpg

gallery_17895_1602_247161.jpg

gallery_17895_1602_2318891.jpg

Just... a little update. Using foamie to do detail.

-Loki

gallery_17895_1602_465603.jpg

gallery_17895_1602_1564333.jpg

Sorry for the double post..but I got some bondo work done. Let me know what you think. The vents need work. But they are getting there....

-Loki

gallery_17895_1602_2361733.jpg

gallery_17895_1602_2030160.jpg

Dude loki this is lookin bomb, cant wait to see the finished helm :) (i recently got mine rondoed, damn that is SO much easier, thanks for the idea)

EDIT: and btw, forearm looks perfect.

5N0WM4N said:
Dude loki this is lookin bomb, cant wait to see the finished helm :) (i recently got mine rondoed, damn that is SO much easier, thanks for the idea)

EDIT: and btw, forearm looks perfect.

Thanks man I'm glad you like it. Hah yeah muddin it makes it a lot easier! I'm glad that it worked out for you :pAnd I'm glad someone finally decided to comment on the size..it has been sitting unfinished for 6 days now because I have been waiting for imput =[ Anyways heres a teaser as to what has been going on. I'm going to wait to post more pics until its fully detailed.

Detailing_Foamie_Front.jpg

-Loki

yeah i pepped my gauntlet and rondoed it, didnt think it'd fit when I put it on at first but when i put on the stuff i'd be using for my undersuit on then it fit perfectly.

Hey loki, this maybe a dumb question but did you use a Dremel or some sort of knife to cut the visor out? cuz it looks really smooth and my utility knife doesnt seem to be able to penetrate the rondo...hahah penetrate...

5N0WM4N said:
Hey loki, this maybe a dumb question but did you use a Dremel or some sort of knife to cut the visor out? cuz it looks really smooth and my utility knife doesnt seem to be able to penetrate the rondo...hahah penetrate...

I started using a dremel with a cutting wheel on it. And then I have a jewelers saw...it has a very thin blade and it can be turned to cut at different angles. See This. With that I was able to follow the lines of the helmet really really well. OH! Update things...I printed off all my pep pieces...so over 100 pages of cardstock later and I have everything printed. Its crunch time!!!

-Loki

EDIT:!! So I just got myself chinese food..a case of energy drinks...and a lot of techno music! 2 DAY ARMOR SPREE HERE I COME! WISH ME LUCK!!! HOORAH!!!

Queen said:
Lookin' good, Loki! I hope you get that thing looking godly.

*gush* Thanks Queen. haha I'm hoping to get it there!! I'm spending so much time on this thing...its ridicumunlous!! :pHopefully by tomorrow night ill have it detailed....and pics coming then! For now>....BACK TO THE ENERGY DRINKS AND TECHNO ARMORING!!! wootz!!

-Loki

Its looking great Loki. The arm look the right size for you, I would finish it up. I am diggin the detail your putting on your helmet. I was actually thinking about using the same technique but with cardboard on my ODST helmet.

I noticed you added the foamies after your resined and started randoing. Is there a reason why you did it after you resined and not before on the actual pep? I am just curious.

Also good luck with your armor pepping spree. Lol Hope you finish everything you need to.

Kirrou said:
Its looking great Loki. The arm look the right size for you, I would finish it up. I am diggin the detail your putting on your helmet. I was actually thinking about using the same technique but with cardboard on my ODST helmet.

I noticed you added the foamies after your resined and started randoing. Is there a reason why you did it after you resined and not before on the actual pep? I am just curious.

Also good luck with your armor pepping spree. Lol Hope you finish everything you need to.

Thanks man! Yeah I just finished the arm up and now that it is fully done it looks about the right size. Ill have to fiddle with it to get it to fit 100% though. And thanks! This helmet is my pride and joy right now..im so proud of it so far. I just did the final touch ups and am waiting for it to dry. Then Im pulling the visor...got my first one done. And putting the first coat of primer tomorrow once its fully dried. Got half the back done and some chest pieces! YAY! OH! and the foamies....they are adhesive on one side. So they stick to the resin. And the reason I did it after resin. Is you have to resin the outside first to get it hard enough to support the mudding process. Otherwise it would warp.. SO badly! But yeah =] Caffine and no sleep is making me a little crazy!! MORE TO COME LATER!!

-Loki

Loki, man sounds like you need a nap...hhahah but what material are you using for your visor, and how thick is it? and how are you prepping the visor so that it'd work for vacforming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back