Trickster Loki's Odst Build (On Hold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trickster Loki said:
Hah well I'm glad for your support man! I already got a stencil deal worked out for the jaw bone. Thanks though! I could use some reference pics though...It would be awesome if you could send some my way. I have some pics off my 360..but maybe you have some detail shots I didn't nab. I'm mainly concerned with the detail on the side of the helmet. The vents etc. right now.

-Loki

Here.

Its full body shot and it has some side details showing but the vents are pretty simple,now here they are,you should get a good deal done off it.

halo3_odst-dutch.jpg

DUTCH.jpg

Hope I was of some help.

Last edited by a moderator:
mjolnir follower said:
Here.

Its full body shot and it has some side details showing but the vents are pretty simple,now here they are,you should get a good deal done off it.

Hope I was of some help.

Those are PERFECT! Thats exactly what I needed! Thanks a ton! Yeah I'm working on getting my torso done...Its 2 in the morning here and I work at 9...stupid saturday shift. So tomorrow night I hope to have all kinds of new pic's

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

So I got caught in a building rut..stupid work and school. I havent had time to do almost anything. But here's a pic of the torso piece. But I think I have a serious problem. The scale is bugging me...It fits over my head yes..but...It looks HUUUUUGGGEEEEEE compared to the helmet. Looking at ref pics...that collar is supposed to hug my neck...Can I get a confirm that this is big before I start freaking over? Also anyone know how to rescale off of a specific piece/area...lets say the inner diameter of the neck? Is there a way to scale it off that?

-Loki

gallery_17895_1602_2306207.jpg

Silversaw Jack said:
Awesome pep. Looks like its going to come out really good.

That's the hope anyways. Thanks for the kind words! But I seriously need a second opinion...is the torso piece to large?? I'm seriously staring at it and wanting to destroy it...its bothering me. Anyone's opinion? And if anyone has any idea how to scale just off the inner diameter of the top neck ring...I would give you a cookie....

-Loki

The helmet looks fantastic! But I think I would agree with you that the neck piece looks too big. Sorry, man. I know how much it sucks to have to start over on something you have worked hard on.

hey man, what I've noticed from the torso piece is that your head is not supposed to be able to fit through, you're supposed to make it a 2 piece kind of thing.

That's what I've seen or read on some other builds

hope that helps. The helmet is looking great though.

Templar said:
The helmet looks fantastic! But I think I would agree with you that the neck piece looks too big. Sorry, man. I know how much it sucks to have to start over on something you have worked hard on.

It wasn't really that hard to get the piece to where it is..the annoying part is that I got this far without checking scale...hah Im just going to mess around with the neck ring and see if I can find the right scale. Oh wellz! And the helm is currently getting it's first bondo coat..YAY! Will post pics tomorrow as my camera battery is dead. Thanks for the input on the chest piece. I was just to stubborn to make the final decision myself :p

SupermanExtreme1 said:
hey man, what I've noticed from the torso piece is that your head is not supposed to be able to fit through, you're supposed to make it a 2 piece kind of thing.

That's what I've seen or read on some other builds

hope that helps. The helmet is looking great though.

That helps a ton!! Yeah I was afraid of that when I was looking at pics today... oh well back to the ol' printer!

-Loki

Okay forgive the double post but I have a serious...serious problem...Okay so here goes...

My bucket is scaled so that my head barely fits through and it fits my head perfectly as you can see in the o.p. Okay so heres the fun part....I am an athlete...and being such I have aquired...a...larger neck than normal. When I scaled my ODST torso to look right with the helmet..the ring wont even freaking fit around my neck..it distorts and wont close...Now my question. What should I do? Does this mean I need to do a rescale on my helmet? Or can I still salvage this build....I will be very depressed if I have to rebuild the helm. I'm considering building a custom collar out of foamies or something...and then just building the rest of the chest to look right. Any ideas?? Please Please input..I'm so stuck right now.. =[ And I would hate to scrap this build before I even get the rest underway. *sigh* Leave your thoughts and such! Heres a couple pics to help illustrate what I mean....

-Discouraged Loki

Shows the two different size collars.

gallery_17895_1602_2063414.jpg

Showing what the original torso looks like with helmet on...also shows helmet size...

gallery_17895_1602_111552.jpg

Showing what the new collar size looks like on my neck

gallery_17895_1602_2422456.jpg

nice pepping on the torso and helmet.

What i noticed on the helmet is even though i have to squeeze my head through the hole, it's still the perfect size running down my back. check out the pics on my thread for a preference :)

sierra092 said:
nice pepping on the torso and helmet.

What i noticed on the helmet is even though i have to squeeze my head through the hole, it's still the perfect size running down my back. check out the pics on my thread for a preference :)

Yeah...haha you cant tell but the helmet in that pic is rock hard. Its fully mudd'd and ready for bondo. Im just getting frustrated because I want to be as close to ingame as possible. I think I finally found a scaling of the torso that will work...it will be tight and it will ahve to come in 2 pieces though. Thanks for the link to your thread. Looking good keep it up! And yeah that helmet is tight...it sits right on my ears. I have to fold them over and push and shove to get them past the bottom opening :p

-Loki

killignhorne said:
very nice work on helmet

Thanks! I'm still not sure about the torso scaling now....things are kinda throwing me for a curve right now. I'm wondering if the helmet is to small..yadda yadda....any opinions? I just can't tell. The helmet feels the right size for me. Like perfect almost. BUt the whole problem is when I try to make the torso look scaled to the helmet it won't fit my neck!!! Any ideas??

-Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

Hmm. Well, considering how much armour odst's usually wear, you probably wont be able to see that part at all. But, another thing is that the torso's overall shape seems to fit, just the neck hole seems large. so, I dunno, stuff it with foam or something :p

Awesome helmet by the way.

ODST: Sniper said:
Hmm. Well, considering how much armour odst's usually wear, you probably wont be able to see that part at all. But, another thing is that the torso's overall shape seems to fit, just the neck hole seems large. so, I dunno, stuff it with foam or something :p

Awesome helmet by the way.

I'm thinking that Im going to keep the original rest of it...but get a new collar. And just jimmy-rig it together so that the collar is a different scale. I just have a very broad upper body as you can tell. So the little scale is going to look weird me thinks. I'll work on it and post pics after I get off work.

-Loki

ODST: Sniper said:
just the neck hole seems large. so, I dunno, stuff it with foam or something :p

yeah i agree just put foam or something like that to fill it in on the large torso

darth wombo said:
nice and clean

super awesome job so far

Thanks man =]

Adam Anderson said:
yeah i agree just put foam or something like that to fill it in on the large torso

I have a plan...I'm doing a franken-build. I'm going to take the smaller collar and put it on the torso that I already have. BUT for now I got frustrated to the point that I'm doing the forearms. Pics later tonight..camera is currently charging :p

-Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back