Trip's 1st outing in mark VI Armor at GMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedtrip

Jr Member
Well I finally finished my Mark VI armor just in time for GMX (geek media expo) & Halloween.
Yesterday was the first time ive got to where it out in public & it was a big success.
I thought i was going to be late for the costume contest because it took me like 20 mins to walk down the hallway because every step i took someone wanted a pic or to ask me how i made it.
GEDC2031.jpg

GEDC2033.jpg

GEDC1983.jpg

The kid is Eugene "NICHOLAS DINSMORE" from wwe's son

GEDC2037.jpg

This is me with my g/f & friend in his scarecrow costume.
GEDC2112.jpg

I came 1st in the costume contest.
Im really surprised i won. I really thought this huge t rex was going to win lol he got sec
& the power rangers got 3rd
GEDC2050.jpg

GEDC2064.jpg

Two of the judges was zombies from the walking dead show.

...Shut up!!
GEDC2115.jpg

Master chief VS State puff
GEDC2118.jpg

jedi spartan
GEDC2122.jpg

One of the guys running the con Invited me to come to his sons bday in the celebrity suite party Along with 2 bobba fetts & a huge prowl transformer who was epic btw.
GEDC2133.jpg

the gold fett won the contest last year.
The Prowl suit was made by Malice in mind f/x studio for the Transformers universe, super cool guy.
GEDC2137.jpg

GEDC2141.jpg

When the kid walked in He walked past prowl & was like Master Chief is my Favorite! Made my already Awesome day more Awesome.
GEDC2144.jpg

To top thing off I got to Talk to my favorite voice actor Glados "Ellen Mclain" from portal.
Got to talk to her for about 10 mins or so. Every time i crossed pass with her shes say hi pretty cool old lady.
GEDC1978.jpg

I was representing 405th with my Shirt.

Had a epic time. ...now i gotta do some repairs cause it took a beating.

I ended up Winning another costume contest at a dance club i goto. Won 100$ sweeet this thing is gonna pay for its self lol
allso was offered 20$ to come to the halo release party in it next month.

after that i got to remake my boots.

Sweet way to go man I think you deserve 1st although I liked that Doctor in the 4th Picture ( From Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ) I think his costume is well done, also I really think if you changed your visor to be full reflective it would look cool.

I ended up Winning another costume contest at a dance club i goto. Won 100$ sweeet this thing is gonna pay for its self lol
allso was offered 20$ to come to the halo release party in it next month.

after that i got to remake my boots.

You mentioned that your suit took a beating... are you only refering to the boots? Would you mind sharing your experience in what is needing repairs after a con? Any pointers? Basically I'm trying to avoid breaking my own suit here in a couple of weeks, and this might help me shore up a few things.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can only See threw the visor during the camera flash. I really hate it.

It wore at a few places were 2 parts meet like the top of the thighs, parts of the cod, bottom of the shin, part of the chest where the shoulder pieces rubbed. During the end of the contest one of my thigh strap came on done & so did the strap going across my shoulder connecting the two shoulder pieces together.
But i had emergency duct tape to the rescue. so keep it close by.
Dont do what i did at first & duct tape the straps together sew them.
Your thighs will take alot of abuse so make sure they are pulled up tight & dont move when you walk.

id have to take some pics of my damage most of it is easy fixes.

the damage
GEDC2423.jpg

GEDC2429.jpg

GEDC2430.jpg

GEDC2433.jpg

GEDC2435.jpg

GEDC2436.jpg

GEDC2437.jpg

GEDC2439.jpg

GEDC2440.jpg

GEDC2442.jpg

Allso heres some pics from the club
the guy on the right got 2nd & my friend lauren got 3rd in her sexy cat woman outfit
m_SA103011_148.jpg

ooh my
m_SA103011_150.jpg

Thanks for explaining. The areas the look damaged the most are the "fringe" edges. I found those to such a pain in the ass during the fiberglass stage to the point I just resined them only.

Other than that, it looks like you had a blast, and I appreciate the insight, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back