Trying To Find A Scaling Tut

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormy87

Jr Member
I can't find the good video tutorial about pep scaling. In the vid he gave tips on where to take your scaling measurements. I remember the lighting was bad, but that is all. If anyone knows, please link it for me.

.... there isnt one. but you might want to think about reading the stickies.. like this one

fyi, not reading the stickies or doing proper research before posting a thread is a good way to get shunned around here.

LameSuace said:
.... there isnt one. but you might want to think about reading the stickies.. like this one

fyi, not reading the stickies or doing proper research before posting a thread is a good way to get shunned around here.

You think I didn't look? I've been trolling this site since January and I am just asking for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I quote myself:

"I have the PERFACT way to scale the pep to look like its on the master chief, but its small enough on me.

Heres how:

First you find a picture on the internet that shows a full front and back view of the armour you are making. The picture has to have the full Spartan/Marine/ODST in it.

Next, print it off your computer. Now, measure the height of the person in the picture, and measure your own height.

Now, divide the 2 numbers and you should get a scaling number. For example, take my height, 175cm. Lets say the height of the person in the picture is 7.7cm. Divide 175cm by 7.7cm and you get 22.72. Using this number, you can measure the size of the armour piece in the picture. Lets say the shin in the picture is 1.8cm long, and multiply that number by your scaling number. For me, thats 22.72.

Now, you get the height of the armour piece. For my shin, I used the scaling number of 22.72 and multiplied it by the pictures armour height, 1.8cm, and I got 40cm. I did the same thing for the thigh, and got 38cm in height.

So far, this is a fullproof way to properly scale your armour correctly.

Hope this helps anyone out there who is having a problem with scaling.

CHEERS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back