Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
it worked great for me ive made every piece of the halo 2 version... Helmet and chest are awesome. i've resined 8 pieces, five more to do. and i've glassed 2 of them, left forearm and bicep. need to make the MA5C though... thinking about dual SMG's too. some grenades. thanks for the tut man, can make a bunch of money off this. gonna be a great costume for halloween too.

hi every1 im brand new to this site and im from the uk i was wondering what program i need to open the files with for the spartan armour cos it wont let me open it

ok thanx im gna start on the helmet tomorrow can some1 post the link for the assault rifle please cos i dont know were to find it
sorry for being a noob hah

srry 2 waste ur time but i have mac and its not working so could u plz help me out here.

p.s this may be a dumb question but can i go play paintball in this armor.

wingstealer said:
ok i relise the tut but i cant figure this out i veiw and i did all the nessesary steps to print but when i print there is no lines just the numbers and i cant figure it out

Hello, wingstealer! I think I may be able to help you a little with your problem. I also ran into this problem not too long ago and stumbled onto a solution by accident. In the Pepakura Designer (Ver. 3.0.2) program, there is a selection on the second toolbar line called Rotate Part (Ctrl+R). After selecting it, I saw a bunch of little red circles and lines appear on the cutouts in the 2D Pattern Window section. I then went to Print Preview under the File menu (I was asked to adjust scale and selected "Yes" to continue). Once the Print Preview screen opened, I was able to see all of the lines and numbers. I then clicked on Print and all my sheets printed out as they appeared. I hope this helps you out with your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro tip of the day:
When you're laying out your pep models and there are parts that won't fit on just one page, use the "insert text" function to add some writing that runs across the whole part. This will give you readily align-able reference marks so you don't end up making the oversized part too large or too small.

For example, the support strut inside the back of my latest torso armor printed across three pages:
IMG_0001_1937.jpg

By adding a large block of text, I was able to take out some of the guesswork involved in cutting off the margins of the page and sticking the part back together.

thorssoli said:
Pro tip of the day:
When you're laying out your pep models and there are parts that won't fit on just one page, use the "insert text" function to add some writing that runs across the whole part. This will give you readily align-able reference marks so you don't end up making the oversized part too large or too small.

For example, the support strut inside the back of my latest torso armor printed across three pages:
IMG_0001_1937.jpg

By adding a large block of text, I was able to take out some of the guesswork involved in cutting off the margins of the page and sticking the part back together.

Hey, what did you used to make your Helmet Visor, and where I can find that material?

mcganner said:
thx for the info about the armor, but do u know where i can get download pepakura for a mac.
Simple answer, nowhere, it's only made for PC.
Bit longer answer, If you have a newer intel mac (macbook or macbook pro) you can run PC stuff using boot camp, parralles, or fusion if you have a powerbook or ibook your only choice is Virtual PC

Frizzlefry said:
Yeah... If you actually read what was written instead of just clicking you would know that they aren't pictures. They are the actual armor files as the tutorial Part II indicates "Downloading the Armor Files" If you don't have Pepakura, you can't just click and open them.
Actually, I think even if you do have Pepakura, if you click and open them you have to select Pepakura as the program used to open it.
is there a way to use pep on the mac?

Count Vilanova said:
is there a way to use pep on the mac?
Look at my post directly above yours. If your Mac is a G4 or G5 or a Powerbook, iBook you have to use Virtual PC to use the pep program. If you have a newer Mac you can use the 3 programs I mentioned above.

Alright, so I'm new to this, and I followed all the steps in the tutorial. And sorry if this question has been answered earlier, but I honestly didn't want to read through 20 pages. But, Every time I print off one of the sheets for the helmet (only armor part I have tried so far) it just comes out as numbers, no lines, anyone know what's wrong?

me aka tommy said:
Alright, so I'm new to this, and I followed all the steps in the tutorial. And sorry if this question has been answered earlier, but I honestly didn't want to read through 20 pages. But, Every time I print off one of the sheets for the helmet (only armor part I have tried so far) it just comes out as numbers, no lines, anyone know what's wrong?

then go to the first page and read on how to install the lines, or read the pepakura stickies. It's in the setting..i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back