Tutorial: Install & Detail your visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want my visor to be more reflective, but I didn't see it on here. I'd pm blackula but it looks like he hasn't been on the forums lately

gonna try this for some lids I just made. : D

I'm having trouble with the epoxy sticking to the helmet. The person I got it from had it already painted up could the paint be causing an issue with the epoxy holding the posts in?

How smooth is the surface to which you're trying to apply the epoxy? Generally, if it's too smooth, or if there is any kind of coating (paint, grease, etc), the epoxy will not hold. You'll want to make sure the surface is clean and that it's roughed up a bit.

I cleaned it and it seems to be holding a lot better. if it pops off again i'll try roughing up the surface and cleaning again.

Since this thread was bumped, I'll ask a question hopefully that someone will know the answer to, can you use the 2 part epoxy on foam helmets? Is there any reaction with the foam? Has anyone tried? Thanks!

ooohhhhhh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this helmet is the think more biutifull that i have seen in all my fucki** live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_0107.JPG

Re: Part 2 Visor Detailing

I know the thread is a bit dated, but wow thank you so much for the tut! Helped my butt out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back