Tutorial: Install & Detail your visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic thread. I really like it when members get together like this and share/compare work and methods. Its how we grow and get better!

Once again... Awsome tutorial

Excellent work thank you very much for sharing! I have a side-question: What did you use for the inside of your helmet? Rondo? It looks very smooth! I have fiberglassed my inside and it's pretty rough, i'm thinking of a 2nd layer of rondo to get that fixed.

Awesome this is what I think I've seen used. It is a spray correct? Hopefully I can start the hardening process this weekend, but with the temperature that may not be possible. We'll see.......Thanks again for the help I really appreciate this.

This is brilliant, thank you so much. I've just finished peping my first helmet and I have a visor ready to install. Now I know what to do with it! Hooray!

Thanks for such a detailed and yet simple tutorial.

great tutorial!

Fantastic thread. I really like it when members get together like this and share/compare work and methods. Its how we grow and get better!

Once again... Awsome tutorial

HALFro, Nicolaide, cosmic & Cereal Killl3r, Please accept my humble apologies. I had not realize I neglected this thread that badly. Anyways, I apprecaite that the tut has helped you all.

Excellent work thank you very much for sharing! I have a side-question: What did you use for the inside of your helmet? Rondo? It looks very smooth! I have fiberglassed my inside and it's pretty rough, i'm thinking of a 2nd layer of rondo to get that fixed.

Thanks Buddy!, And Bingo!, Thats what I do on the original pep models. I rondo, glass, rondo. I know its over kill, but its just the way I rolll...lol.

Thanks again guys!

Tony

thoroughly enjoyed seeing a visor tutorial that doesnt involve a lot of glue and has an easy way for removing the visor. I have one question how would you put the visor details on if you used a vac formed fisor or anything other than a motorcycle visor?

Thank you for this in depth thread. One of the best "how to" tutorials I've seen.

Looking forward in trying this out tonight.

thanks for the tutorial! i installed my visor and detailed it using the first method. worked like a charm! pics are on my build thread if you are interested.

regards
rab

Ask & you shall receive.

Inside View:

IMG_20110305_220429.jpg

Also, thats not my calendar, Its my daughters.

MY EYES!!!

lol... Great job man! Props for my helmet visor securing method go to you!!!

Hey Blackula727 great tut. I was wondering if you have a tut on how you did the liner for your hem? Or know of one. The only thing I get when I search liners is visors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the inspiration! I used a flat headed screwdriver to carve in the lines for my visor with the help of a ruler, and bent it to shape after =D

I was just going to use hot glue to tack the visor in place before I bolted it into position, but the glue held fast, so I just lined the whole thing with it (And I'll fill any gaps with Isopon P38 later).

thanks ive had no clue how to install a visor, and this has definitely taken some of my anxiety away haha, it looks great!!

Hey Blackula727 great tut. I was wondering if you have a tut on how you did the liner for your hem? Or know of one. The only thing I get when I search liners is visors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonny, I did a quick search for HJC helmet liners. Click here to see what was displayed. Hope this helps and happy building! :D

With my own helmet build and visor fitting looming, I had a tonne of questions... and then I found this thread, and now I have a tonne of answers! Thanks for your hard work Blackula!

Thank you by much for the epoxy tip. Never thought to do that. I will be trying this out soon and I will definitely be coming back to this.

Hey! Thanks so much for the tuts you guys! really helps! I also wanted to know what kind of drill you used for the holes in the visor, i have a drill but i din't think it's the right one to use, it's more for drilling holes in walls, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back