20191110_084724.jpg
20191110_083930.jpg
20191110_083122.jpg
20191110_083115.jpg
20191110_083108.jpg
20191110_083057.jpg
20191110_083026.jpg
20191110_083006.jpg

Well first off I want to thank all that attended and that came out. We had an amazing turn out this year and in addition, definitely got people interested. SO I am going to run down the report finally of how Twin Tiers Comic-Con 2019 went.

Pros:
-Energy: What energy we were helping the con, drawing people in, and just so excited to be there this year.
-Photobooth: This was a hit. I mean big-time hit! the kids to the adult even Seth loved coming and getting pictures.
-Teamwork: we all ran the booth smoothly after the first hour of the con opening. Rotating in on images, taking pictures, breaks, who was in armor, how wasn't. Best yet!
-Attention: We brought ourselves this year and we cam in strong doing it! With bigger props, more suited up folks, and moving around the con. We grab attention big time.
-Recruiting: This was the best we have done around the area TO DATE. I mean I counted 10 people walking away check the site on their phones and one so far actually has joined the forums, facebook, and etc. But the information was spot on how we recruit and some of the steps needed.
-Time and Place: Normally our excitement gets bad and out crude humor can show. For once, we kept it in check for the most part. But, we were so on point when the kids and families came around a corner or came in sight.
-Working with other groups and cosplayers: Once again we welcomed every group, cosplayer, even the 501st into our booth and gave them the respect and admiration we always give. A+ stuff all!
-community: we reach out to a lot of people in the community up there that this will help us get more members and more events for new member s to participate in.

CONS:
-Cleanliness: we did not patrol day one end on our recruitment table, work station, or the prop table. Myself included. Sabriel, Ashuraa, myself, and a couple more spent at least 30 minutes picking up the first thing Sunday. We do this fine at Sci-fi we need to be mindful we are guests at the con. The workshop was a disaster. So many things all over. tools, foam, etc.
-Gestures: I know we all were having a blast but we did some pretty rude and inappropriate gestures in plain sight. Yes, we were not really seen by kids much but someone was always watching. I wouldn't care as much when the doors are still closed but we did get bad at points.
-Too many chiefs(not master chief either): We had too many people trying to lead to many things. Remember we had officers and a divisional there to ask if the POC of the con(i.e Me) was busy or away. This hurts times in setup and getting the photoshoot going smoothly.
-Watching the props: We didn't really watch our props. Some broke due to poor handling of people, others where waving props around like a fool. we got lucky we had some stuff to repair. But Lobbs AR blew apart and the kid just walked away with no care.
-Dinner: That was all me my bad about calling ahead. If I am flying around and you think of something like reserving dinner spots. Please! Remind me or just do it, I will not be mad I promise
-Workshop: I'll be blunt. It was empty A LOT and if we don't want to show what we can do then I will not say we do this next year.

Improvements:
So after this con has come to a rest the New York crew has some work ahead. To start with booth stuff! We will start to plan on our own banner, backdrop and armory stand. The second note is too make more foam props and keep the 3D printer stuff our of anyone's hands but our own. Not to mention We need to be able to have you out of state folks just show up with nothing but armor and maybe an E-Kit. Second I want to start making signs for workshop and cosplay repair. If this is the new area for T2C2 I want a pop-up tent with sides for a break area for use to retreat too. I heard the comment made and the heard Frankie, Krissy, Eric, Maria, Ender, and Sab say the same and I agree it is an excellent spot to hide and decompress for a quick sec and to change. Photoshoots I figured the locals can scout of the location and get ideas and then come up with 405th shots and "professional" group ones, along with individual shoots because we are always upgrading stuff and I love to try to have. I feel coming back next year we will have more locals with helmets or even full suits. But the big one is rotating on the workshop. We got to keep one person there or drawing attention to the workshop showing our tools and what we do and how. Also, more power bars; lesson learned.

Final statement:
T2C2 was a huge success in my book. The best time I have had at a con to date and the crew was amazing! The newcomers learned quick and the booth was busy! It shows why Twin Tiers LOVES having us back. The fact alone on day one 250+ HOD tags had been given out. AMAZING! We had some bumps and we recovered amazingly. I have big plans for up here around the twin tiers area up to Syracuse, but one thing at a time. For those that came to the con give yourself a big hand, it couldn't have been done without you. Onward to MAY! Flower City here we come!

Last edited:
Decent write up.
I think you are beating yourself up a bit and really looking for negatives in the cons section. Scheduling of people in a volunteer group is going to get wierd for sure and throw stuff off. Noones fault we ultimately lack man power which is what recruiting is for. Always Be Closing ... I mean Recruiting. The messes in a repair station also happen when you have multiple people switching about fixing things and then trying to run a photo booth which took up almost all of our members. It didn't stay messy for too long as many of us were picking up after eachother. The one portion that was getting too messy was the gear staging /"lounge" area which everyone could see. The dinner is a learning experience and it turned out fine. For a smaller con it was a huge success we all made it look great and we made it fun for attendees. And lastly for photoshoots that can be tough. Pictures at a con are good to have however I feel for the way our group is we try and have a solid location or locations for a photoshoot planned ahead of time at a specific place and time and if at all possible on a separate day other than a convention if the stars can come into alignment. Don't make a convention more difficult than it needs to be. And once again good job and thank you for the write up. Dirtdives is also going to be proud.

Decent write up.
I think you are beating yourself up a bit and really looking for negatives in the cons section. Scheduling of people in a volunteer group is going to get wierd for sure and throw stuff off. Noones fault we ultimately lack man power which is what recruiting is for. Always Be Closing ... I mean Recruiting. The messes in a repair station also happen when you have multiple people switching about fixing things and then trying to run a photo booth which took up almost all of our members. It didn't stay messy for too long as many of us were picking up after eachother. The one portion that was getting too messy was the gear staging /"lounge" area which everyone could see. The dinner is a learning experience and it turned out fine. For a smaller con it was a huge success we all made it look great and we made it fun for attendees. And lastly for photoshoots that can be tough. Pictures at a con are good to have however I feel for the way our group is we try and have a solid location or locations for a photoshoot planned ahead of time at a specific place and time and if at all possible on a separate day other than a convention if the stars can come into alignment. Don't make a convention more difficult than it needs to be. And once again good job and thank you for the write up. Dirtdives is also going to be proud.
Proud and jealous that I didn’t make it there.....I have been devoting a lot of time at home lately.....it’s like the shoe makers kids not having shoes. I do so much handy work outside my own home that by the time I do get home.....I’m too tired. And the fact that I’m now fully involved in another suit. So there is that. But great review and Fireteam Brooklyn (2/3s ready) will do it’s best to make it out next time.

Thanks, guys. But I feel my home con I can do better but that photo booth was so busy. We barely had "patrols" just because of how many people were there. It was an amazing con and I think next year. I will have a lot better grasp and things will go smoothly. Once the holidays are done I will be reaching out to the cons in Rochester and we already know about twin tiers next year. So all things considered. Great con.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back