Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan117x said:
Awesome, what manufacturers are they?

I'll give you the model, manufacturer (or rebrander) and how much I paid for it.
L96 - Well (Warrior 1, $80)
Shortened 870 - UTG (rebranded DE 870, $50 with pistol, holster, scope, etc) Custom shortened.
G36C - JG (X36C, $96)
MP5K - Galaxy, $78

And there's more on it now, that's an old picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh airsoft. I've been wanting to get into this for a while. My parents and money are the only thing stopping me. Heres a question, where can I get a decent M4 Carbine or G36 for a relatively good price?

Thanks,
Mike

Jax Archillies said:
sorry, but any AS gun that costs $100.00 will never be able to compeate on any level, accuracy, quality build, etc) compared to a real Airsoft AEG.

my TM m4/203 is all metal, and has upgraded interiors. only thing it doesnt have is an upgraded barrel.

Hey Jax...I always wanted to get an opinion now I am not BASHING or anything but you say that your TM is m4 is all metal...now I believe that TM doesn't make METAL (besides the gearbox) anything. Or are you talking that your 203 is all metal? If so then I understand!

My question is this and I see it alot: You buy a TM M4 RIS system. Replace the body with a G&P M4 Marine Metal Body, replace the handguard with a CA metal handguard with rails and also CA outer barrel. Now replace the TM gearbox and slap in a Systema complete gearbox running a turbo motor. Then we move to the back and replace the old stock for a Laylax Retractable Stock VL. What would you call your gun now??? Now I am just asking so ANYONE can answer!

PositiveKarma said:
Ahh airsoft. I've been wanting to get into this for a while. My parents and money are the only thing stopping me. Heres a question, where can I get a decent M4 Carbine or G36 for a relatively good price?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike...I believe that Airsoftgi.com has the best prices for a descent m4. I own couple of knockoffs and it cost me $175 for my m4 that I am using now. The gearbox can't withstand a harder spring so the whole box has been replaced and I currently work with that now when I go to fields shooting under 400 fps. Its great for the price and they say it is compatable with V2 parts.

WetOkole said:
Hey Jax...I always wanted to get an opinion now I am not BASHING or anything but you say that your TM is m4 is all metal...now I believe that TM doesn't make METAL (besides the gearbox) anything. Or are you talking that your 203 is all metal? If so then I understand!

My question is this and I see it alot: You buy a TM M4 RIS system. Replace the body with a G&P M4 Marine Metal Body, replace the handguard with a CA metal handguard with rails and also CA outer barrel. Now replace the TM gearbox and slap in a Systema complete gearbox running a turbo motor. Then we move to the back and replace the old stock for a Laylax Retractable Stock VL. What would you call your gun now??? Now I am just asking so ANYONE can answer!
Mike...I believe that Airsoftgi.com has the best prices for a descent m4. I own couple of knockoffs and it cost me $175 for my m4 that I am using now. The gearbox can't withstand a harder spring so the whole box has been replaced and I currently work with that now when I go to fields shooting under 400 fps. Its great for the price and they say it is compatable with V2 parts.

Oh, and regards to the metal marui. I'm pretty sure he just means he put a metal body on it.

I second the airsoftgi, airsoftatlanta is another good one. For starting airsoft, redwolf/wgc/uncompany wouldn't be good to order overseas. And although I have no personal experience with JG/ECHO1, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about them. Although I would never buy one, that might just be what you're looking for. (directed to Karma)

And Okole, about your question.

If you didn't want to go through the long process of saying "started off as a marui, then etc..." you could say, "custom marui with systema gearbox" (thats about as short as you can get. I'd personally call it a heavily modified marui. Or you could just go with whatever has the most parts still in it.

By the way, where do you go to airsoft? There's a couple of airsoft stadiums/fields around California.

One vid of one of the indoor fields

I've been to that field a couple time before but I've seen a few airsoft fields in Scotland that are full outdoor fields in woodland terrain.

that looks alot like airsoft playground in Los Angeles but mostly here we get a ton of people and jsut go somewhere in the woods no official field to small of a city

lizander said:
Any advice for upgrading an Ak47? Good parts manufactures? Is "Modify" alright?
I've never even heard of modify. aka probably not reccomended.

Systema-Guarder-(main stream AEG brands, aka CA, KA, GP,GG, TM, etc. [not JG/chinese clones]) um.. Madbull. Theres others probably

oh and advice?

for one-- www.mechbox.com

two. try not to do it yourself.

LastSpartan said:
Anyone tried that gun? http://buyairsoft.ca/catalog/product_info....products_id=410

Broxa evolution MP5. 400 fps and it's shipped from Canada.

Yah, I've heard of it. It is made by aftermath. If it is anything like the other mp5 on buyairsoft then it will be better as a platform to upgrade and to learn on than as a hard hitter. The one you listed has a nice solid stock,hand gaurd etc. other than that I don't know. In the other mp5 it has clear internals, so if it is like that you will have to spend a few hundred to make it good and reliable. if you dont want to upgrade it, buy the kraken (rebranded cyma version 3 gearbox). It has metal gears etc.. and doesn't really need a whole lot of work. Just a new hop up, piston head, piston, battery, metal bushings and shims (maybe a tight inner barrel.). Chances are that if you are in the states, you can find the same gun for less, or a better one for a little more. Also, if you buy from that site the shipping will probably kill you lol. Here is the manufactures site: http://aftermathairsoft.com/home.aspx They have some nice stuff on there.

Thanks spartan 117x, I didn't really know what brands to go with. And I am doing it all myself lol

EDIT: oops, your in canada like me lol.

I live in Canada ^^ That's why I'd buy it from Buyairsoft.ca.

I would use it for woodland games, not really to play against others. Just shooting my friends and such :D

Also, where it's black on the picture, it's clear when you get it. So you have to paint it, but it's not a big deal.

Aftermath if I recall was just a brand that rebranded CYMA or another type of MPEG/LPEG. Don't have time to do the research.

LastSpartan said:
I live in Canada ^^ That's why I'd buy it from Buyairsoft.ca.

I would use it for woodland games, not really to play against others. Just shooting my friends and such :D

Also, where it's black on the picture, it's clear when you get it. So you have to paint it, but it's not a big deal.

Watch out though, if you are playing on private land and you have permission to use the land, then you should be fine with a black gun. But beware, if you play in a park or something, you could easily be arrested. Airsoft is in a very delicate state now in canada, so please do not do anything you might regret, or the rest of the airsofting population in canada might regret. If ur just goofing around, that gun should be pretty good. but dont buy the high cap mag from buyairsoft. It sucks alot, and jams as well.

Yeah it's my forest and I'd be using Bio BBs.

So the Medium-Cap magazine? And the battery?

Also, a clear gun helps if spotted by some people walking around :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back