Unfolding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arioch

What do you do when a piece is too big to fit on a single sheet of paper? If I overlap it, and you cut the pieces of it from both sheets, will it be the right size?

Here is my problem....

jetpack.jpg

being a bigger guy, I run into this all the time, I usually just use the "join/disjoin face" tool to make smaller pieces that will fit on one piece of paper (if I can). For pieces that I can't cut, like the long support struts on the HD MK VI chest by flyingsquirrel, I use my ruler (after printing the file) to connect the page orientation marks that print in the corners on both of the split parts, then as I cut them out I make a tab on one of the two pieces, to make putting them together easier... I haven't noticed any size differences

Yes. The dotted lines are only the borders of the margin you set in the options and not the edge of the page, so there shouldn't be any part of the piece that gets "lost" in an area where the printer can't print. However, you should try to find a way to minimise the number of pages a piece is on. For example, those big parts in the screenshot can be split vertically into two pieces that would fit on two pages each. And the triangles might fit on two pages as well if you turn them a little.

Thanks! These havent been placed in the layout yet, they are still off to the side as the last few pieces left to place with the rest.

Your answers are good enough for me, I will finish this up and post it for d/l.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back