Unsc/sierra117's Battle Rifle Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah! i havent seen this little project before!!! it looks fantastic!!! job well done sierra 117

ooh looky! 1st on page 4 :p

To Spawn Camp, I haven't been on these forums for very long, so yeah no, i didn't see that one, but he scored Recon hey, mad, I'm yet to get that game, looks really good though.

Good news everyone, I will have the BR finished very very soon, possibly by tomorrow even. 99.999% of the fabrication for the scope past with out a hitch, I have only to sand it a little, add the rubber eye peace and paint it, and guess what!!, I have tomorrow off, so I know what ill be doing :) .

Ok so to start of I made the actual scope peace by putting a cylindrical peace of timber through about 20min of wood turning on the lath. this is it here
000_0470.jpg

Then I made up the scope mount bits. Like the rest of the gun, I didn't have anything and i couldn't find anything that even remotely matched these pieces, so I've had to make them from scratch out of timber and make them look like the clips. All I did for the clip parts was, marking up the pieces and then cutting them out with a jigsaw, I then drilled an appropriate sized hole for the scope in the middle with a hole bit and drill.
000_0471.jpg

The piece that is in between the 2 clips was made in the same fashion. finally I fabricated some dials to go on top and on the side, I then put it all together.
000_0474.jpg

000_0473.jpg

All I have left, is a bit of sanding, a paint, and the rubber eye cap to go.

c ya.

Wow, that looks great. Even if you don't mold the gun, you should at least mold the scope. Most people don't bother; they just get a cheap airsoft one. I'm pretty sure you'd have a big market if you started producing accurate scopes.

Hey guys. I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED EVERYTHING. Yep its all done and dusted, here she is

This is the ammo counter that I was talking about
2.jpg

And the scope
000_0478.jpg

000_0490.jpg

And all together.
000_0491.jpg

000_0484.jpg

000_0499.jpg

Oh if your wondering what I made the rubber eye peace out of, I bought a pack of 4 rubber table leg caps, they would normally go on the bottom of timber legs as feet, but i just simply attached it to the end of the scope as the eye piece.

And thats all folks, She is all done. I've got mixed emotions right now lol , I'm ecstatic that its all finished, but I'm gonna miss making it. NEXT PROJECT NOW!!. mmmm what to do.

NICE WORK. I can't belive thats wood! That has to be the best wood battle rifle EVER!

Not meaning to go off topic, but Shade, were did you get you're Avitar picture? I need the ODST shoulder patch thing for my ODST armour, but so far, no luck. Could you PM me a rough idea of that please so I can use it, but replace the name and such? Thanks

Once again, great job on the BR!

CHEERS!

Nice work! Having all the right tools really gives you an advantage in the making of you props! I wish I had a workshop to just "play" in and make things. The scale and size turned out really good. also the color...by the way, did you use a gun metal black or just flat black?

JediStumpy said:
Nice work! Having all the right tools really gives you an advantage in the making of you props! I wish I had a workshop to just "play" in and make things. The scale and size turned out really good. also the color...by the way, did you use a gun metal black or just flat black?

I actually don't have that much in the workshop, The only pieces of machinery I have is the lath, a crappy one at that, a jigsaw and a drill, the rest is all done by hand, even so, you are right it dose help to have a workshop sorta set up, its actually my carport under the house, but I don't use it for that haha.

Um It was a flat Black I used, Chrome for the top, just a normal everyday chrome color, nothing shinny or anything, and the color I used on the chrome for the battle damage was a mixture of Snake Bite Leather and an oily black color, I cant remember what it was called, and for the stuff on the black part, it was just the chrome again.

Ok my next project, hmmmm, I don't know, I'm having trouble deciding. Um what would you like to see me make, I was thinking of the Sniper but I'm not sure, they would all be fun to make I guess. Let me know what you would like to see, that would make it easier for me to choose lol.

some features of the gun.

hopefully you can see the video because for some reason i cant.
heres the U tube addy just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartas Phalanx said:
Carbine?
or if you want an easy one grenades two of each :)

Hey yeah grenades, yeah i think i will. nice easy one, then ill do a harder project after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nicely done! This may be a bit late but have you considered using wood filler? By filling the grains, it will give your rifle a smoother surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back