Use Friend's Edge Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArktosPendragon

Hey guys, I decided to trade in my ol ps2 and some games at Gamestop. This got me wondering whether or not I could use my friend's edge card and get that %10 extra trade in value. So, does anyone know if Gamestop will allow me to use a friend's edge card?

Neoproks said:
Hey guys, I decided to trade in my ol ps2 and some games at Gamestop. This got me wondering whether or not I could use my friend's edge card and get that %10 extra trade in value. So, does anyone know if Gamestop will allow me to use a friend's edge card?

i am nototaly sher, just go up and try your luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
Neoproks said:
Could I just ask for cash back?

i think so, i dont really shop at gamestop i dont like how they give you 5 doallars for a 40 dollar game so i really dont know dude sorry

might as well ask

thow!

landothespartan said:
No, so far as I know, the extra 10% only applies to store credit, not cash. If you want solid-state money, then you don't need the Edge card.

Seriously? Aw man. Well thanks for the info guys.

yeah guys i work at gamestop, edge card is only supposed to be family relatives, if ur looking for cash no matter where u are- they will take the base amount u would receive and deduct 20% for the cash, btw most of the time they are supposed to require photo id with edge card to insure proper owner, been alot of buckling down with gamestops, just letting u guys know

alot of times there are a great number of promos going on that sometimes theres so many not even the staff knows about them, had a guy came by last weekend turned 10 games from $120 to $170 just for bringing in 7, but promos only effect store credit to persuade customers to come back, that and 10% extra of 170 is always nice to add with the edge card

Neoproks said:
Seriously? Aw man. Well thanks for the info guys.

Yeah, Dude But they will give you a lot less money if you want cash.

When I went to trade in my PSP, they told me they were gonna give me 60 bucks in store credit but If I wanted cash, They would just give 47 bucks. Then I went with the story credit and preorder MW2

I used to go get games from Gamestop but the one where I live is horrible on service, game selection, and trading in games I got a $40 game and they only wanted to give a dollar in trade in credit and I only bought the game a week before I traded it in, which there was another game store a few blocks away that would have given 15 in credit, so my best advise don't take it to gamestop check with the other game stores and see which one will give you more. I still won't go to any Gamestop again, Power to the players my a$$.

you have to understand that the biggest selling point for gamestop is its used games, some stores closed down to quickly cause no ones trades in and they cant make money off new games, something like 5bucks off a new title rathere then 40 on the same game that is used, so they reward those people by giving them extra money for ensuring buisness

although each region and district work differently so you can have bad or good service, just depends on location

this is one of the many resons why when i buy something i do not use the edge card and why i do not trade anything in. ebgames/gamestop no offence to anyone who works their.. but you rip people off.

example.... you walk in with a 40 $ game in hand and want to trade it in... how do i know its 40$ its on the store wall same game for 40$. so i expect 40$... what do i get 15$... wow rip off... how because then the store will go over to that spot on the wall put their used price of 30 or 45$ and tada. they make more money off you. keep your games. buy new games. dont waste your time... sure i will admit sometimes it is like a discount.. but what if you want to play that game again... you need to buy it again.... pain in the butt.

gamestop gives more value in trade. cashback will cut down the amount you recieve by quite a bit i belive. You could just ask your friend to go in and trade it for you :p

CommanderFluffy said:
this is one of the many resons why when i buy something i do not use the edge card and why i do not trade anything in. ebgames/gamestop no offence to anyone who works their.. but you rip people off.

example.... you walk in with a 40 $ game in hand and want to trade it in... how do i know its 40$ its on the store wall same game for 40$. so i expect 40$... what do i get 15$... wow rip off... how because then the store will go over to that spot on the wall put their used price of 30 or 45$ and tada. they make more money off you. keep your games. buy new games. dont waste your time... sure i will admit sometimes it is like a discount.. but what if you want to play that game again... you need to buy it again.... pain in the butt.

I understand what u mean, i buy games too and i would like the value it was worth but from past questioning with my district managers its buisness and the metacritics are a big influence on what u get back. most of u that have steam know about the metascore, alot of games ride on whether or not a game does good by that score, and gamestores sell their games also based on that score, but when u think about it closer its more or less like buying a new car by trading in an old one... youve driven your car off the lot 50% value cut right there, then usuage cuts it another 15%, same thing with a game, its value as a trade is significantly less due to the possibility of it being a potential defective, and ive seen some bad trades, but i totally understand your outlook on it, i buy alot of games and it kinda makes me mad i dont get that big of a discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back