New Mirror's Edge MOVIE trailer released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a scam! Spiderman! That's not mirrors edge! The thread should be retitled, spiderman trailer, for a moment there I got excited.

What a scam! Spiderman! That's not mirrors edge! The thread should be retitled, spiderman trailer, for a moment there I got excited.

Yeah what he said!

I really dont care about either of these two topics, but that still sounds like it sucks.

I think the point of the title, is that the last part of the spiderman trailer rips off the mirrors edge trailer in so many ways that it's not even funny. This is the exact thing I thought of when I first saw the trailer.

I wasn't exited for the first SpiderMan, or the next, or the next and so on. Too much of a chick flick hero movie. But honestly... I... Uhh.... am not exited at all for this one either. I probably wouldn't even watch a SpiderMan movie if it featured the chief with him... well maybe i would watch the scenes with MC on youtube and skip the movie.

And why the heck do we even need the first movie made again? Anything would improve upon the other movies at this point but it makes no sense to do it now so soon after the series of movies ended. I guess another Hot Shot producer decided to make SpiderMan more epic, dark and gritty even though it butchers everything that the original show used to be. At least the other movies got that half right.

Ranting Over.

The mirrors edge scene is pretty cool, spider man would probably be the best for that sport anyways lol.

I can honestly say I'm excited for this. I liked Sam Raimi's first two, and I really don't care if it's "too soon" to reboot. I don't know how many times this has already been done to this character in other mediums.

The "Mirror's Edge scene" looks pretty cool. I actually got chills when it started going (oh, and I watched this earlier this morning before reading your thread title, so I knew what you were getting at). I love a good web-slinging scene and this one took it to a whole new level. It was also pretty clever because they didn't show you too much of Spidey himself, just his limbs/shadow/and a brief reflection. I also don't think it was too Mirror's Edgy. At least that wasn't the first connection my mind made. If there were glowing squares on all the places he was clinging to then maybe, but I don't recall any web shooting in Mirror's Edge either.

And why the heck do we even need the first movie made again? Anything would improve upon the other movies at this point but it makes no sense to do it now so soon after the series of movies ended. I guess another Hot Shot producer decided to make SpiderMan more epic, dark and gritty even though it butchers everything that the original show used to be. At least the other movies got that half right.
Marvel is rebooting the series so they can incorporate Spider Man line into the new Avengers line of movies. The three original movies took too much liberty with the characters and the story. I mean, come on. Norman Osborne dies in the first movie and yet he is a HUGE character in the Marvel Universe. Marvel needed a fresh slate to introduce Spider Man into the new movies.

Marvel is rebooting the series so they can incorporate Spider Man line into the new Avengers line of movies. The three original movies took too much liberty with the characters and the story. I mean, come on. Norman Osborne dies in the first movie and yet he is a HUGE character in the Marvel Universe. Marvel needed a fresh slate to introduce Spider Man into the new movies.

Well, at least the have a good reason :)

This is still a Sony thing. Marvel Studios has nothing to do with this production. As long as Sony keeps making Spider-man movies they can keep the distribution rights. We'll probably never see a Marvel-made Spider-man movie, and it would be stupid to incorporate Spider-man with The Avengers so early, not that I don't doubt they may try if they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back