Veronica Dare Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

phixix

Jr Member
Hello to everyone on 405th!

I've been lurking in a dark corner for a while to build something worthy of calling progress :)

Between college and such, Dare has slowly been coming together and I hope to have her finished for London Expo at the end of May.

Two of my friends are currently lurking in corners too with a Dead Space and Recon armour build for the Expo, hopefully they'll post soon 8D

Anywhoo's I thought I'd start with a bit of older progress to get a little feedback and crit first, Hope you guys like it!!

[attachment=15608:DSCF3777.JPG]

[attachment=15609:DSCF3795.JPG]

[attachment=15610:DSCF3789.JPG]

[attachment=15612:SDC10620.JPG]

-Phi

the progress looks good. one thing though, there's no pep file for dares pack, i did build one for someone a while ago but honestly it was all wrong (had almost no ref to work from) its an easy thing to model, if you need it i can do it up. if you don't need it ill just put it back down my list of things to do.

ForgedReclaimer said:
the progress looks good. one thing though, there's no pep file for dares pack, i did build one for someone a while ago but honestly it was all wrong (had almost no ref to work from) its an easy thing to model, if you need it i can do it up. if you don't need it ill just put it back down my list of things to do.

Thankyou very much! ^^

I have your backpack file unfolded by Harding =O It looks pretty good! Though I was going to try smoothing it if that was alright with you as theres a couple of complicated-looking parts I really don't understand =(

-Phi

Last edited by a moderator:
phixix said:
Thankyou very much! ^^

I have your backpack file unfolded by Harding =O It looks pretty good! Though I was going to try smoothing it if that was alright with you as there's a couple of complicated-looking parts I really don't understand =(

-Phi

well, if you can hold off maybe a day or two i can have a new and almost exact accurate model done, i managed to make some blueprints while i had live a while ago:). as i said, that backpack has... many flaws lol.

ForgedReclaimer said:
well, if you can hold off maybe a day or two i can have a new and almost exact accurate model done, i managed to make some blueprints while i had live a while ago:). as i said, that backpack has... many flaws lol.

That sounds really good! Thankyou mucho, can't wait to see it! ^^

-Phi

Yaya you posted your progress, been waiting to see pics. Like i told you I wont be at MCM this may because the people I was ment to be going with can't get down :/

Does mean i get longer to perfect my armour though :p

Like the pieces so far! Looking good.

Alex spartan177 said:
Awesome Job :D

and I have to say thats alot of bondo in that helmet :p

It was the n00biest thing I could have possibly done =D

"Yea lets CAKE the bondo onto ALL of our armour!" says she! I ruined a lot of pep that day..

*fail*

-Phi

sierra092 said:
Yaya you posted your progress, been waiting to see pics. Like i told you I wont be at MCM this may because the people I was ment to be going with can't get down :/

Does mean i get longer to perfect my armour though :p

Like the pieces so far! Looking good.

Oh yea..=( thats a downright shame.. Where is it you were supposed to be travelling from?

And thankyou very much ^^

-Phi

phixix said:
It was the n00biest thing I could have possibly done =D

"Yea lets CAKE the bondo onto ALL of our armour!" says she! I ruined a lot of pep that day..

*fail*

-Phi

Well, you will have to use a lot of sand paper :p

But you can carve in it much better :D

Alex spartan177 said:
Well, you will have to use a lot of sand paper :p

But you can carve in it much better :D

Yer :) I made sure to buy a badass dremel, it eats bondo for breakfast! >=D

-Phi

its not done yet, its almost there. its the weekend so im finding it hard to have some time to finish it so you might get it in the next two days (probably tomorrow) don't let the way its rendered fool you its not that complicated of a model :)

Pack-1.jpg

Nice. Its a very DARE-ING choice of armor to make. Sorry couldnt resist.

Looks very good though. I have Bondo craters in my helmet too. Any idea on how to get rid of them? I've tried putting more bondo then sanding it back to the way I want, but it affects my bondo pretty heavily. Im already almost out.

looks good so far im also working on dare for a july con and i like how the chest piece turned out for yours. i tried pepping the chest piece but it was giving me a headache so now im modifying an odst chest piece instead. but keep up the good work!

phixix said:
Oh yea..=( thats a downright shame.. Where is it you were supposed to be travelling from?

And thankyou very much ^^

-Phi

From the nottinghamshire area. I think I'm still going in october, don't know what it now though. And yes, sandpaper goes quickly! Especially if your using rondo.

llinformerll said:
Nice. Its a very DARE-ING choice of armor to make. Sorry couldnt resist.

Looks very good though. I have Bondo craters in my helmet too. Any idea on how to get rid of them? I've tried putting more bondo then sanding it back to the way I want, but it affects my bondo pretty heavily. Im already almost out.

I've heard the best way to get rid of holes (If you live anywhere cept Britain LOL) Is with spot putty. The stuff is impossible to find over here in Scotland so we're using stuff that you block holes and cracks in walls and apply tiles with. It sands super easilly but it's a dusty bugger when you do ^^; It's called 'Polyfilla' by Polycell and is pretty cheap for the quantity :)

-Phi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back