Very Important Research Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaGonnaGetYou

Hey, everyone. I've got a brilliant, somewhat Halo-related idea that I may try to pull off. I can't give anyone many details unless you're close enough to participate, but I can assure you that it will make ATLEAST the local news, if not regional/national news (I doubt the latter, but you never know). It will be dubbed "The Greatest Prank in Human History", and any publicity it gets will be in Halo's name (or, so I hope).

That's where you come in. There are multiple things I need to research before I can even begin to think of making an investment into this (please note that if I do attempt this, that it will cost some money and time). If anyone can help me research this, I'd gladly give the 405th (or the specific member, depending on whether or not Adam approves of the plan once it is fully completed) credit for any research help that can be done.

Here are the things I need help with. Please post or PM me if you find anything that can help answer my questions.

1. Is it possible to connect multiple amplifiers (preferably, sound amplifiers that can send sound across an area about the size of 2 tennis courts, longwise, end-to-end) to a laptop(s)? If so, how could I do so, and would it cost any money or require any programs to do so?

2. Could multiple large fog machines be used to create enough sustained fog to cover an area the size of a tennis court (not the stands) without dissipating? Can the machines be used to create colored fog, such as blue or green (the colors wouldn't have to be neon lights or anything, they'd simply have to look somewhat like the color.)? If not, could any device be used to create a completely safe veil of fog that would last for more than 30 minutes (even if it has to be continuously replenished)?

3. How long would it take to find out the legality of my plan if I called law enforcement officials? I'm going to make sure that what I plan to do is completely legal before I even think about getting together some participants or buying any equipment.

4. Finally, do you live in South Carolina or North Carolina (only answer if you're even remotely interested in joining the fun, which, of course, would not happen until atleast October-November this year, or possibly into 2010, with April 2010 being the latest)?

Thanks 405thers, and remember that I am trying to keep this as safe as possible, so keep any discussion to the extent of 'Oh, why don't you try x idea or y idea, since they're safer than z idea." I'd prefer not to read "I know, you should put mines there so that people die haha," if you please.

Once again, thanks for reading!

P.S - If this is not allowed, or is in the wrong section, please move this as necessary.

I know that the first one is possible, or at least possibly possible.

All you would need is multiple adapters that allows you to plug two plugs and convert it into one plug. I'm not sure if it would work, but if you attached one, you'd get two, attach two more into the two jacks and you can have four, and so on and so forth. Again, not entirely sure it would work (didn't really research, just thought of it reading the topic. :p).

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
I know that the first one is possible, or at least possibly possible.

All you would need is multiple adapters that allows you to plug two plugs and convert it into one plug. I'm not sure if it would work, but if you attached one, you'd get two, attach two more into the two jacks and you can have four, and so on and so forth. Again, not entirely sure it would work (didn't really research, just thought of it reading the topic. :p).

The problem is that most of them would be pretty spread out around the area, so if you're saying that I'd need to plug two amplifiers into a single jack, then no, that won't work. There's a lot of parking lots in the area I'd be doing this (all part of the same establishment, though), and can't connect anything together unless it's wireless connection.

EDIT: BTW, Seno, how could I get in contact with someone who knows South Carolina laws front and back (or someone with a giant list and good memory)? I don't want to make a call for someone to keep me on hold for 5 hours while they play 20 Questions with all of their police buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImaGonnaGetYou said:
The problem is that most of them would be pretty spread out around the area, so if you're saying that I'd need to plug two amplifiers into a single jack, then no, that won't work. There's a lot of parking lots in the area I'd be doing this (all part of the same establishment, though), and can't connect anything together unless it's wireless connection.
Is there even a way to connect amplifiers through a wireless connection? o.0

sorry is i missunderstood. all those are possible but to what effect does it do/prove? like what exactly are you trying to do?

all i can see is a bunch of speakers putting out barely any noise but alot of vibrations al fog floating around on the floor avoiding the speakers completely. or are you trying to make a smoke screen like a movie? to clarify that i mean lik a falling wall of fog in only one direction without the fog comming from above somewhere infront of a wall.

CommanderFluffy said:
sorry is i missunderstood. all those are possible but to what effect does it do/prove? like what exactly are you trying to do?

all i can see is a bunch of speakers putting out barely any noise but alot of vibrations al fog floating around on the floor avoiding the speakers completely. or are you trying to make a smoke screen like a movie? to clarify that i mean lik a falling wall of fog in only one direction without the fog comming from above somewhere infront of a wall.

Once again, I can't explain the full nature of the idea, since people who would be pranked by it lurk around the site sometimes. I'll send you a PM with what I basically want to happen. (Please disregard the previous statement, thanks.) However, the fog is simply supposed to give an eery feel to the area, and the amplifiers are for sound effects that would be impossible to recreate without an expensive voice actor and professional audio editing software.

Seno, I have no idea. Now, you have found the true purpose of this topic. ;)

CommanderFluffy said:

The look we need is a somewhat natural fog, something that looks real, And upon sight wont automatically register in your mind as being poured out from a smoke machine. Same goes for speakers, To keep the project "Secret" I'm just going to say that sounds will be playing from the speakers, possibly music, possibly voices, or just natural sound.
In this case, lets say voices. You're walking in a public area, We want "Voices" to be playing from speakers, So the said victims could hear it, and believe that its actually a person calling out and not some speakers hidden in a bush.
I guess you could say like a movie, but we need this as realistic as possible, and yes we are aware that it will not be cheap.

PM me everything for laws. If I don't know it at the top of my head, I can try asking some POs.

well i can get what your trying to do in a way. pm me with further details. i work closely with a director a photography... the guys that make creepy and normal movie sets look out of the ordinary and seem creepy but arent when lights are on.

Since I do live in the SC, I might even be able to take part, depending on where exactly this is getting done yet and if I have my armor done and my license to kill drive. :p

I know, you should put mines there so that people die haha Huh what , I didn't say anything. :lol:

I think I am possibly guessing where this project is leading and if I'm right it is definitely going to be amazing.

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Since I do live in the SC, I might even be able to take part, depending on where exactly this is getting done yet and if I have my armor done and my license to kill drive. :p

Armor won't really help with this, lol. I'll send you a PM of what we're going to try to do when I can.

Marauder, I can assure you that it will be the most hilarious string of video clips you have ever seen. Alright, not an assurance, but it will be very funny regardless.

This prank is sounding very elaborate. I don't really have a clue to what you're wanting to do, but if it's good i'll probably be sitting at home one day and hear on the news of this amazing prank. Haha.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Armor won't really help with this, lol. I'll send you a PM of what we're going to try to do when I can.

Marauder, I can assure you that it will be the most hilarious string of video clips you have ever seen. Alright, not an assurance, but it will be very funny regardless.
Ahh... you said it was somewhat Halo related, so I figured... :p

Gman said:
This prank is sounding very elaborate. I don't really have a clue to what you're wanting to do, but if it's good i'll probably be sitting at home one day and hear on the news of this amazing prank. Haha.

The only real possibility of that happening is if we get arrested for some odd reason.

For example, "OMG HE DRESED UP AS ZOMBIE DAT R AGINST MAH RELIJUN SUE SUE SUE", etc., etc.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
The only real possibility of that happening is if we get arrested for some odd reason.

For example, "OMG HE DRESED UP AS ZOMBIE DAT R AGINST MAH RELIJUN SUE SUE SUE", etc., etc.
Now I see where this is going... I'm so totally in if I can be. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back