Video screen in helmet help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't really need a dispaly for the gungir helmet, just do like what you would do with a eva, cut out that part of the helmet where your eyes are, and then put in a visor in that shape and same color of the rest of the helmet. It should work, at least in theory.
That wont work for gungnir, its got a pinhole 3 inches from your face, and most people unlike me arent left eye dominant. Thats EVA C your talkin bout,

ive actually been working on a prototype Hud for my costumes with a working ammo counter but as always money but the jist of the prototpye (without giving away too much) is im using viewing glasses as pictured above 2 HD webcams a computer and a wireless mouse
when i get the moeny to make a prototype ill show people on here

That wont work for gungnir, its got a pinhole 3 inches from your face, and most people unlike me arent left eye dominant. Thats EVA C your talkin bout,

You don't get it man, i know how small the eye hole is, lol, that whole section of the face, not just the whole, cut it out, and vaccum form it or replace the top and front part with a sheet of plastic. Just make sure the plastic is the same color of the helmet. I know what a EVA helmet is and this an't it, it the gungnir, i know my helmets.:cool

FYW5F49GHFJXQTP.jpg

There is an Idea I have on pro-currying you a camera and a 3 inch screen. Why not look for recycled cell phones or Ipad touches.
If you're careful enough you can remove the screen. I'd just look around radioshacks, I know some of them sell off there smaller display models for real cheap. You can get a decent pinhole camera for around 25$ if you ask in the right places. A store branch called MicroCenter is a pretty good place for discount electronics and screens.
Just and Idea for materials I'd thought I'd throw your way.

Also with what Trooper114 was hitting at wasn't such a bad Idea. If you can do it, make the visor just regular and do a vaccuform on it with a clear Nylon sheet, then if possible, go to a Shop that does Vinyl tinting for cars. See if they can do Vinyl Decal that is the color you need and is still see through. I've seen some pretty neat ones done on cars. and for decent prices too. a decal that is about 2 square feet can cost about 25 - 50$

I wish i had $30 dollars for a homemade vacuform.
My budgets been $100 dollars i won, and birthday/ holiday money, next year ima get a job. cuz ill be 16

pm me if you want, i think i might have a cheaper solution then making a vaccum former, the reason why i would prefer pm is that i think i might have derailed the topic abit. I think i might start a thread later on.

Do you reckon you could use the viewfinder in a disposable camera inside a helmet such as the gungnir? Its cheap(around $5 for one) and easy to look through meaning that you won't strain your eyes looking through it. The only downside would be walking as it provides a distorted view of your surroundings, but I guess its better than not having a visor, right?

I was just gonna use a wide angle telescopic lens. Theyre not as cheap but i have an extra one for mah telescope.

I've often times dreamt of this but using a gungnir helmet with no visor! That would be seriously cool. But anyway I came up with a small compact $30 digital camera that I would cut a hole for the lens then just glue to the front of the helmet. Although by faaaaar not the best way of doing it it seems like the easiest

I Planned on using the view finder from my old Video camera. You know, the ones that your parents had that sat on your shoulder. I'd probably even incorporate the whole arm to swing up or something (Similar to The aiming computer from Luke Skywalkers Xwing).

There is a video on "Instructables" or some similar website that shows a simple way to make a night vision camera with it. Couple the two together and I think it would work pretty well. No HUD though. Just straight up video.

Been wanting to play with the Gungnir. I found a decent 60 dollar camera in full color and solar rechargable. A little bit of soddering and taking apart will solve the problem :) 3 inches from the face is enough space to be able to focus, sooo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back