vidofnir234's Reach Armor Build [Picture Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have been following my build at all, I'm terribly sorry that I have not been posting updates. I've kinda been on slack mode for a while, but today I built my right thigh. I have also scratch built a forearm attachment for my phone. I don't have pictures of each yet, but I'll take some tomorrow.

And I decided that I needed a gun. This is the M6C - SOCOM from Tactonyx Studios (Shout out to BenJamin). This thing is awesome. I received it prepped for painting, so all I had to do was assemble it and paint it. I used acrylic paints for the whole thing, though maybe spray paint might have been a better choice. The acrylic is coming off a little in places (maybe just because I couldn't wait to play with it before completely drying ja ja). I can't recall what it's made from, but after painting, it feels like a synthetic wood. And it's kinda heavy, which is nice for realism.

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

Looks good buddy! Can't wait to see that attachment you've made :)

Thanks! I still have yet to seal and paint it, and figure out a way to attach it, though I think I'm gonna try using button snaps that I bought.

Looks Good. Love what you've done with it.

Thank you sir. Took a while to paint, and I wasn't really sure how to go about doing it. But I like how it turned out.

Gosh, I really want one of those...

It's pretty freakin awesome. Moving slide, trigger, and safety; removable mag, interchangeable attachements...LOVING it.

It's pretty freakin awesome. Moving slide, trigger, and safety; removable mag, interchangeable attachements...LOVING it.

Gee, thanks for rubbing it in, lol. I might just get one of those, But I am worried that it'll probably not come in time for the H4 launch. Maybe next year for a con or something...

Gee, thanks for rubbing it in, lol. I might just get one of those, But I am worried that it'll probably not come in time for the H4 launch. Maybe next year for a con or something...

I'll PM you with more details of the pistol. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post some of them.

Thanks! I still have yet to seal and paint it, and figure out a way to attach it, though I think I'm gonna try using button snaps that I bought.

A good plan. However might I suggest earth magnets, just put one in the gun and the other in your thigh or belt and that would be a lot better than a snap imo because it'll have a much better hold than the snap.

whatever you do i'm sure it'll be awesome

A good plan. However might I suggest earth magnets, just put one in the gun and the other in your thigh or belt and that would be a lot better than a snap imo because it'll have a much better hold than the snap.

whatever you do i'm sure it'll be awesome

Oh yes I probably should've specified what I was going to use the button snaps on. I was definitely gonna use magnets for the pistol, but for the forearm attachment I was probably going to use the button snaps.

Okay! Got my thighs done! I'm actually going to complete my armor by Halloween! Well, maybe not complete it, considering that I still want to build shoulder plates and boots, but I will have all the essential parts done by halloween. Plus, I'll probably continue making all kinds of adjustments and tweaks, experiments and armor permutations in the future too. I don't think I'll ever truly stop.

IMAG0434.jpg

I'm gonna have a surprise post soon with video :)

It still blows my mind how foam can turn into this kind of stuff, but well done! I sadly won't have my costume done in time for Halloween but I already have a master chief one so I will wear that again. Goodluck!

Paint looks good! Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more!

It still blows my mind how foam can turn into this kind of stuff, but well done! I sadly won't have my costume done in time for Halloween but I already have a master chief one so I will wear that again. Goodluck!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far, and all I've learned in building my first set of armor. And everyone's comments just make it all the more encouraging and fun.

Ya know, some people go out and buy a costume and are so proud of it. We 405thers and cosplayers, though, make our own, and far better looking ones than any store-bought costume. We spend weeks, months, even years, of planning and building our armor, and thus our pride outshines any other common consumer. At first, I began my cardboard helmet build simply for fun, as a prop for a foam sword war, and that ambition quickly evolved when I witnessed the potential and end results of all the great builds on this forum. I feel a genuine sense of pride and brotherhood with the members of the 405th, and I've never even formally met any of you. But I respect each and everyone who does the work we do, and who shares in the same enthusiasm we are hopelessly addicted to :)

Well put!!!! I'm hoping to have a suit made up by next summer to maybe go to a con somewhere in Texas. Have you looked into anything like that since you're in Midland?

Well put!!!! I'm hoping to have a suit made up by next summer to maybe go to a con somewhere in Texas. Have you looked into anything like that since you're in Midland?

I know RTX happens in Austin, and I think during the summer. I haven't really looked into any of it yet, cause I haven't had the time, with school and the armor. But I believe I'm going to end up strongly considering going.

Two shins, coming right up!
Not much to look at right now, but I've got the pieces for both shins cut out. Took me a whole 1 1/2 foam sheets. I will be updating this post with pictures of the shins as I go.

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

Burned the crap out of my thumb with my glue gun. The blister looks worse in real life.

IMAG0446-1.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

Felt like I needed shoulders.
Okay, before everyone goes and tells me that my ODST shoulder is too small, I already realize that. I was somewhat disappointed that my scaling didn't turn out right too. However, because time is limited, and because it's already built, I'm going to keep it. Not out of laziness necessarily, but rather because the small shoulder still looks good.

IMAG0454.jpg

Here are the shins completed:

IMAG0453.jpg

And with that, the armor is "combat" ready.

I'll never say "My armor is finally finished," because I believe it will never be finished. I'm sure somewhere down the line, I'll want to add or remove things, I'll want to modify, or I'll want to start on a whole new build completely. I LOVE this hobby, I love this forum, and I love everything HALO.

Just because I think my armor is ready to be introduced to the public doesn't mean that I'm going to stop posting. I'll upload pictures, stories, maintain updates on my own armor continuations, and, most of all, help new members with any useful knowledge that I have gained in building this first Halo Reach Armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back