vidofnir234's Reach Armor Build [Picture Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks really good buddy is it all one piece or have you added buckles to open it? sorry this could be something ive missed

Lookin' perrrrrrrrrty good!!!! Keep it up. What plans do you have for undersuit detail?

Thank you. I had bought motorcycle armor for the undersuit, but it turned out being too small (and sadly now I can't return it) so I'm going to use pieces from it, like the spine plates and maybe the elbow plates. Then I bought a kidney plate that I'll use as well (I'm getting kinda fat and I hate seeing my belly protruding ha ha! But I'm working out more now so gonna get my 6 pack back!). There was one thing I had thinking about recently though: I've seen how people made undersuit details for the upper body, but I haven't seen any kind of lower body undersuit details. Like all anyone ever uses is the Under Armor leggings. It doesn't look bad or anything, just a little weird, like too solid of a color, and silky. I had looking for motocross pants but those are pretty expensive. Do you maybe have any ideas for lower body undersuit?

looks really good buddy is it all one piece or have you added buckles to open it? sorry this could be something ive missed

Which parts are you taking about DBmike? Cause I am using a buckle-strap system for a lot of the armor. Like the parts on the torso that go under my arms I attached buckles to so that it's easier to get on and off, and I put straps and buckles on the biceps so that they don't fall down my arms. Then my codpiece has the same system so that it works like a belt. Plus I just bought 50 more buckles to use since the system is so effective. Thanks for the compliments!

Which parts are you taking about DBmike? Cause I am using a buckle-strap system for a lot of the armor. Like the parts on the torso that go under my arms I attached buckles to so that it's easier to get on and off, and I put straps and buckles on the biceps so that they don't fall down my arms. Then my codpiece has the same system so that it works like a belt. Plus I just bought 50 more buckles to use since the system is so effective. Thanks for the compliments!

I was just wondering about the torso and belt. Some people half the torso for example to get it on and off easier, If you did half it I was going to say you've covered it up well :)

I was just wondering about the torso and belt. Some people half the torso for example to get it on and off easier, If you did half it I was going to say you've covered it up well :)

No, I ended up removing a whole piece of the parts that go under my arms and strap and buckling it there.

I had looking for motocross pants but those are pretty expensive. Do you maybe have any ideas for lower body undersuit?

You're welcome. I'd recommend that you take a look at what Liltyrant did on her BUILD THREADhttp://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35790-KAT-ARMOR-BUILD-with-custom-undersuit-*WIP* for lower body undersuit details. The link is for page 1. She has a few photos on several pages, but I think page 30 & 31 have the stuff on the legs once she reworked it to make it more comfy for her. Short of custom, I don't know what else you could do to make it look game accurate. Hope this helps.

You're welcome. I'd recommend that you take a look at what Liltyrant did on her BUILD THREADhttp://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35790-KAT-ARMOR-BUILD-with-custom-undersuit-*WIP* for lower body undersuit details. The link is for page 1. She has a few photos on several pages, but I think page 30 & 31 have the stuff on the legs once she reworked it to make it more comfy for her. Short of custom, I don't know what else you could do to make it look game accurate. Hope this helps.

Oh wow, that build is outrageously accurate and downright amazing! In all honesty, I'm not that interested in making my suit game-accurate more or less, cause I want to actually make some custom parts (I'm just terrified of scratch building). I'm really just looking to make it look good in some way. I'll probably have to scratch build the bottom undersuit

Don't be worried about scratch building. I think in a lot of ways it's easier than following a template :)

Don't be worried about scratch building. I think in a lot of ways it's easier than following a template :)

I'm actually going to give it a try building a forearm attachment for my phone. If that goes well, maybe I'll be more confident.

Got the other forearm built, gonna seal tonight...after myOChem test and Wushu demo practice. Will post pictures

Cool, I built my own phone attachment rather than go for the tacpad design. It's being reworked at the moment but it is a lot more fun building your own stuff. Good luck mate!

Cool, I built my own phone attachment rather than go for the tacpad design. It's being reworked at the moment but it is a lot more fun building your own stuff. Good luck mate!

Yeah dude. My phone is pretty big so that tac pad would have been too small, and rescaling would have made it way too big. But thanks, I'll be sure to go to you for questions.

Here are both of the forearms getting sealed. Maybe will paint tonight, but my allergies have been torturing me all week long, so I'm not feeling to well. In fact I'm feeling pretty crappy, as it were.

IMAG0360.jpg

Hope you get to feeling better. . . . I know allergy season is here. I've never had an issue with them, but my wife sure does about this time of year, every year in September /October. And good choice of a good cheap sealant for your pieces. Keep it up as much as you can and make sure you get better so we can see what you do next!

Hope you get to feeling better. . . . I know allergy season is here. I've never had an issue with them, but my wife sure does about this time of year, every year in September /October. And good choice of a good cheap sealant for your pieces. Keep it up as much as you can and make sure you get better so we can see what you do next!

Thanks Spartan_127! Ha ha, even if I'm sick, that doesn't mean I can't still cut out pieces for my thigh while laying in bed while listening to Halo audiobooks, so I'm still pushing onward!

Okay, so I'm still sick, so I didn't feel like breathing foam fumes from my hot knife and my glue gun, so I decided to just finish up the forearms and give everything I've completed so far it's final paint job.

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

Looks good! It all seems to come together once there's paint on the parts.

Thanks dude. In the pictures I personally think it's coming along well, but then the shorts kinda kill it. Working on the thighs now though, so hopefully I can kill it less on the next update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back