vidofnir234's Reach Armor Build [Picture Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I'm going overboard with the double posts (not sure what people mean by it) but more pictures:

First I used Plastidip on my torso and the codpiece, and it worked wonders, but sadly, it ran out quickly. Sure I could just buy more, but that would accumulate, and I don't exactly have the budget for that. Therefore, I bought 3 bottles of plain-ass Elmer's School glue for $1.25 each, and mixed it with water, and turns out, it works just as well as a $10 can of plastidip. Boo-yah for cheapness! This is my right bicep in progress using the glue to seal the foam.

IMAG0259_zps0d14fb8a.jpg

All of my armor so far together (minus my Mrk VI helm) I know that my commando helmet is slightly off-color from the rest of my armor, but I honestly don't care, it still looks good with the rest of it. Let's just say that the paint was altered by the sun :)

IMAG0268_zpsc1aa016e.jpg

Closeup

IMAG0267_zpse8f96d7f.jpg

Codpiece closeup. The streaking on the black part of the codpiece is that glow-in-the-dark paint I've been making a huge deal out of. Not much to see in the light, kinda resembles scratching, but in the dark it looks fantastic

IMAG0266_zpsa2d5dd94.jpg

Gloves. When I painted them, I guess the factory material was incompatible with spray paint, cause the paint remained sticky for two days and came off on my hands. To compensate (since I had already painted them), I applied a coat of the glow-in-the-dark paint. This fixed the stickiness issue, and made the gloves look cool in the dark.

IMAG0264_zps7eca2cbc.jpg

Closeup on the left bicep. I have a buckle-and-strap system rigged up so that the bicep doesn't fall down my arm. This bicep was sealed with the Elmer's glue too.

IMAG0263_zpsb501a7c2.jpg

Torso with the Mark VI. I think even with the inverted colors from the Commando, it still matches. What do yall think?

IMAG0262_zps775c3d77.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty freakin rad for your first build!

Sure, the commando fits perfectly! You're gonna have fun at the halo 4 premiere...

Thank you mister GuitarMaster157! And I'm all over that man. I preordered my copy of Halo 4 to arrive on Nov 6 with Amazon, but, time permitting, I believe I'll be going to the morning/midnight (whichever they do here) release at Best Buy or Gamestop. I'm so anxious!

Grats on that beautiful armor you have man..........now make me a set and ill junk my fiberglass one. J/k. Seriously though its awesome. I'm hoping the weather will hold out long enough to glass my chest and back finish my helmet and my boots for halo 4 launch.

Grats on that beautiful armor you have man..........now make me a set and ill junk my fiberglass one. J/k. Seriously though its awesome. I'm hoping the weather will hold out long enough to glass my chest and back finish my helmet and my boots for halo 4 launch.

Junk your build?! No! It looks freakin awesome so far! Ha ha! But yeah definitely utilize the remaining heat in the air to at least finish the helm. That's the most important part in my opinion

I guess you found my build thread that was closed? I wish I could get it open again so I don't have to make a new one. But yeah yours looks awesome dude. I can't wait to see how it looks on you.

I guess you found my build thread that was closed? I wish I could get it open again so I don't have to make a new one. But yeah yours looks awesome dude. I can't wait to see how it looks on you.

Yeah I just went to your profile and opened up your build. Can you not access it?

Very awesome work man, the chest looks loads better! Can't wait to see this finished! Best of luck to you.

Thanks buddy! Same to you. I'm anxious to see yours completely finished as well. I don't believe I've seen a picture of you actually wearing your armor

hey this looks great! Love the red paint and cant wait to see it all on when its completed

Thanks Annanymous! I remember you saying that you liked red, so inspiration goes to you. Hey are you planning on building anything else? Or maybe adding on to your current inventory? Oh, and on the subject of gluing in a visor, when making the seal between the visor and the helmet, would you recommend using plumber's caulk, or have you even heard of it?

New update: got the left forearm formed. Going to make the TacPad attachment to go with it. Since my phone is so big, I'm going to have to scratch build it.

IMAG0352_zpscd70eb38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back