Wade's ODST suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Here's our weekly Viblog with footage of my suit.
Enjoy! Rate and comment :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's coming along Wade! Paint job looks pretty good.

When are you guys going to post pics on the vac-formed visors? Also, I read that you built a vac table, but how are you heating the plastic?

Keep up the good work guys

Looks like it's coming along Wade! Paint job looks pretty good.

When are you guys going to post pics on the vac-formed visors? Also, I read that you built a vac table, but how are you heating the plastic?

Keep up the good work guys

we're probably gonna use a conventional kitchen oven to heat the PETG plastic. If all goes well, we'll probably do some vacu-forming tonight!

Sweet, that's what I had planned on doing but decided not to go for it due to health risks and the fact the gf wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea. I hope you're using an extra oven for that. I'm either going to get someone to vac it for me professionally or build my own using a bulb setup.

Got alot of work done tonight. Here are some pics of the progress!

Made my ODST shoulder straps out of foam floor mats covered in black fabric:
IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

Also we did our first vacuum-form tonight! My ODST visor turned out ok, but luckily I have some more PETG plastic to make a couple more:
IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Armor looks great man. Thats awesome that you got a vac former going. I am planing on making one for my visor as well. Random thought, have you considered putting the visor on its back instead of how you had it in the pic? I am no expert on vac forming but it just seems that is would be easier to get the details if they were up top.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. The shop vac we used was a little aged as well, so suction power was something to be desired. I'm definitely gonna try it that way for the next one though. Hopefully this weekend :)

Hey the visor looks pretty sweet but i want to ask
How you will tint it ?!

Zero2o2

My friend Jman just got an airbrush. He knows more details on the correct method but I know it's gonna be a few extremely light coats followed by wet sanding or using 3000 grit or something like that.

ODST suit complete!

Or more accurately, it's presentable for the launch of Reach. I vacu-formed a second visor, and used Niteshade to give it a nice black tint. Then I finished up my stomach pieces, and put it all together combined it with some army boots and urban cammo pants and Voilà!
MobilePhotoSep12201065408PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep12201065520PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep12201065554PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep12201065720PM.jpg

Here's some pics of me in my suit at the midnight launch of Reach on Monday.
IMG_1153.jpg

we went to the bar at TGI Friday's before waiting in line.

IMG_1155.jpg

too much beer for this ODST

IMG_1156.jpg

Finally!!

Nice job Wade. Surprised to find you on here and not playing reach like everyone else :p

I haven't picked it up myself yet, and my gf has been telling me how great it is.. ugh.

How is your team's production coming along?

Nice job Wade. Surprised to find you on here and not playing reach like everyone else :p

I haven't picked it up myself yet, and my gf has been telling me how great it is.. ugh.

How is your team's production coming along?

pretty well. the start of the fall semester and the launch of Reach has slowed things down a bit, but the drop pod is almost complete and our shoot for the teaser is scheduled for next weekend. Check the Dawn Under Heaven thread for recent pics!

Sweet Jebus! I hope my bucket turns out that well. I'll have to do some reading up on rondo. Nice job overall. Think I'll have to pick up some of those airsoft gloves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back