War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
starkmark4 said:
Your work is epic. I thought you might like to know what we're doing w/ our war machine suit. Besides the helmet visor opening, we're also putting strobe LED's in the gauntlet guns and minigun, but along w/ that we plan on using the motor of an osciallting fan to make the entire gun rotate while the chambers are spinning. I'll have 2 see what else the suit is capable of in the film 2 plan further.

Wow, the fan idea is cool! How would you power that, considering such things are normally plugged into the wall?

As I'm starting my own pep build, I'm starting to think ahead about adding such effects. When I built my own Robocop two years ago, I had 4 speakers and an MP3 Player with TWO boostaroo amplifiers serialed in to provide music. But the speakers were held in place in a temporary manner, using straps and cut-up suspenders. I'm thinking this time around, perhaps I should install something more permanent and fixed. And I'm going to need more power to the sound system, somehow. At 6 feet away from me, you could hear the music. But in a small crowd? Forget it.

So, posts like yours, plus the recent posts here about servos opening the face-plate, have me thinking NOW about what all electronics I'd like to wire in. Might be smart for me to power them all centrally too. Kind of funny how such builds can "drift into actual robotics"!

Last edited by a moderator:
i havnt yet tampered with the fan yet, so as for a power source, i'm not sure. Perhaps I can just line the back with a ton of D batteries. That's usually what powers like a CD player. We'll see

Dear lord JUICE, i remeber when this thread first started! It has Sure com a long way from that hasn't it? Im pround for you dude, and i speak for all of us 405thers when i say thanks for these gret files dude, keep on truckin.

starkmark4 said:
i havnt yet tampered with the fan yet, so as for a power source, i'm not sure. Perhaps I can just line the back with a ton of D batteries. That's usually what powers like a CD player. We'll see

I would use a small motorcycle battery for the majority of the electronics. There's a lot of cheap 12 volt lighting and audio that can be used with it and 12 volt power can easily be stepped down for lower voltage applications. As for a 110 volt rated fan motor, use a small 300 watt inverter.

mrfister said:
I would use a small motorcycle battery for the majority of the electronics. There's a lot of cheap 12 volt lighting and audio that can be used with it and 12 volt power can easily be stepped down for lower voltage applications. As for a 110 volt rated fan motor, use a small 300 watt inverter.

or perhaps use laptop battery... kinda expensive though.... lol

starkmark4 said:

Why fan motor? I made a minigun out of power drill as a rotating mechanism. Last year I was an endoskeleton terminator for Halloween. You will get a lot of torque from a power drill motor. Just buy a cheap 12V power drill and you get to have a 12V battery. NOW, I have shared another technology! GO RISE AS A MACHINE!

im using an oscillating fan because not only will the barrels spin, but the whole gun wil sway from left 2 right like it does in the movie

starkmark4 said:
im using an oscillating fan because not only will the barrels spin, but the whole gun wil sway from left 2 right like it does in the movie

You're gonna have to make the minigun barrel light. The torque in oscillating fan motor is questionable. Sounds like your gun is gonna be heavy and could give you back problems. Moreover, mounting that thing on your back might stress the mount base. It could crack your armor. I hope you succeed but you have to make sure this application is light weight.

i might go ahead and just throw a servo in it. Its not as smooth but it works. if i do use the fan, its just gonna be like a small desktop one.and i'd probably use foam 4 the barrels w/ leightweight plastic spacers.

Ok, if you didn't want the game, you'll want it after you see this.

[media]http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid16671794001?bctid=81315492001[/media]

knivash said:
hey JUICE do you mind if you can compile all your pepakura files in one link after you finish it? it will be a great help for all of us to down load it easily.thank you also for sharing this thread,,with out this, we would not have made it..thanks man!!

by the way,this was the result of your thread..once again thanks bro!

AHA! found you. hello project 8 boys. :D

these boys are cool. here is my picture with their WM at the Ironman toy launch. And that is My Ironman a.k.a DON ROBERT.lol.

Ironman_2_cast_by_izabelcortez.jpg

we also have a war machine - watch here ->

worn by Don Robert also, our WM won 1st place in the E-games Domination IV event. :D

I started a war machine helmet I have already put the fiberglass and have already started some of the plaster but I have some problem with opening and closing of the helmet. it will not fit properly if you have any advice I'm interested. sorry for the language I use a translator I am French.

I leave you some pictures:

helmet close

helmet open

thank :)

narutobo said:
I started a war machine helmet I have already put the fiberglass and have already started some of the plaster but I have some problem with opening and closing of the helmet. it will not fit properly if you have any advice I'm interested. sorry for the language I use a translator I am French.

I leave you some pictures:

thank :)

I'm working on hinge system for War Machine. There is currently a hinge system developed by juice from this board and finhead has implemented it. take a look at what they have its a nice system. I think war machine is a little different as the "ears" on the top of the face plate are shorter, but the same system should work.

Cheers,

-Jay

starkmark4 said:

I would suggest take the mechanism for the fan out and replace the motor with a 12volt drill motor. Lots simpler :p

i usually go by the rule that most games aren't worth buying if they are rusted to get out before a movie. i might have to rent this one though

Alright ready to get started. Got pepakura program downloaded today and also downloaded all the files. Now I just have to get the correct paper, Then I can start printing,cutting,gluing,resining,bondoing,etc. Looking forward to posting my progress. Thank you in advance.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back