Status
Not open for further replies.
le-yo-ra said:
or perhaps use laptop battery... kinda expensive though.... lol

9.6v RC car batteries @ radioshack for $19.99 US

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3999878

or 7.2v 3.3ah for about $28

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147160

they are smaller, light weight, dont break the bank and can easily be wired to a variable voltage converter that they also sell for under $3

5v http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062599

12v http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062600

Adjustable voltage http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062601

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorens said:
To my fellow 405th members, this is for Iron Man servo controlled face plate. I want share you the technology that arrogant MasterLe won't share. Thanks to ZABANA! NOW!!! LET THE ARMY OF MACHINES RISE MUAHAHAHAHAH! Hey Juice, Thanks!

p1620261209.jpg

p161901261209.jpg

servotester.png

Parts List

two futaba s148 servos

1 x 555 timer IC

1 x BC547 transistor

1 x 10k Ohm potentiometer (mod with 50k)

2 x 10k Ohm resistors

2 x 100nF condensators

1 x 220k Ohm resistor

1 x 15k Ohm resistor (mod with another 15k resistor in parallel)

You can feed the circuit with 6v maximum.

thanks but one question what did you to pull the hinges

Zorens said:
bike cable or something similar

RC airplanes use cables like this to control the rudder and ailreons. Guess that would be something similar :lol

went to the midnight showing. afterwards i asked my buddy / theater manager if i could have the display. aaaaaaaaaaaand i got it.

photo-3-2.jpg

after just a few seconds of glancing them over, ive seen several details that i havent seen on any builds on both ironman and war machine. im going to get techbot over here with his fancy schmancy camera, and over the next few days or so post up some up close pictures with what ive noticed. if anyone wants anything specific just let me know and ill snap those too.

Goosebot 5000 said:
went to the midnight showing. afterwards i asked my buddy / theater manager if i could have the display. aaaaaaaaaaaand i got it.

after just a few seconds of glancing them over, ive seen several details that i havent seen on any builds on both ironman and war machine. im going to get techbot over here with his fancy schmancy camera, and over the next few days or so post up some up close pictures with what ive noticed. if anyone wants anything specific just let me know and ill snap those too.

I have the Walmart exclusive 6 inch fig and noticed a lot of details that arent on the files as well but hey, its nothing Bondo cant fix.

Btw watching the movie, did anybody else notice how different War Machine's shoulder rockets are from the toy?

[quote name=\'llinformerll\' date=\'07 May 2010 - 10:48 PM\' timestamp=\'1273286915\' post=\'423163\']
I have the Walmart exclusive 6 inch fig and noticed a lot of details that arent on the files as well but hey, its nothing Bondo cant fix.

Btw watching the movie, did anybody else notice how different War Machine\'s shoulder rockets are from the toy?
[/quote]

Haha... yeah... I wouldn\'t mind having an Ex Wife of my own... granted it actually work... lol that would be killer to implement into a suit :)

llinformerll said:

Btw watching the movie, did anybody else notice how different War Machine's shoulder rockets are from the toy?

yeah, but I wasn't plnning on having that one anyway

Does anyone possibly know what the scale ratio for the parts would be for someone of 6 foot tall? And Goosebot could you get images of the lettering and numbers on War Machines shoulders?

hey guys ive just finished pepping the helmet and i think its a bit big, i left the scale as it was, should i have changed the scale if so what to? or is it just me and the scales ok?

dale_w said:
hey guys ive just finished pepping the helmet and i think its a bit big, i left the scale as it was, should i have changed the scale if so what to? or is it just me and the scales ok?

He is making a new more accurate one so just wait for that.

OK, I've finished pepping the back and was hoping to resin it tomorrow.

But then I got to thinking: Doesn't the front connect with the back? If so, how / at what point in the process? Is it a case where you connect them at the shoulders, yet leave them lose at the ribs and connect them later...with velcro or something else?

And then I thought of the shoulder bells.

It dawned on me that I didn't remember seeing anything about connecting and wearing the pieces in this thread. So, can anybody give me some insight on this?

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

DaveyBoy said:

But then I got to thinking: Doesn't the front connect with the back? If so, how / at what point in the process? Is it a case where you connect them at the shoulders, yet leave them lose at the ribs and connect them later...with velcro or something else?

It dawned on me that I didn't remember seeing anything about connecting and wearing the pieces in this thread. So, can anybody give me some insight on this?

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Thats really where it is up to you, everyone does it a little different, there is some stuff on hinges that people have used, and how they hid them, you just have to search for it. I have yet to make a chest piece so i cant tell you what i will do.

Thanks very much for posting this!

Don't know I'd be without the pep files :)

I been lurking this place alot and thought I might as well join

and post my progress on War Machine so far!

img01599.jpg

The face mask was roughly placed I had to hold it altogether since it wasnt fully complete ye which explains why its so out of proportion haha

Also, I didnt have enough time to wait and see how the War machine helmet turned out so I went with Dungbeetle's pep file I already made beforehand.

EDIT: Thanks to Dungbeetle for the helmet pep.

DaveyBoy said:

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

I resined mine together at the top where the missile pods are and cut the right side under the armpit open. There is a panel attached with velcro after I'm in the armor. There are numerous other ways to accomplish this.

dubean33 said:
Looks like a solid start beany! keep us updated :)

ps im loving your name

Sure thing!

Hehe thanks :)

The helmet has now been bondoed (sp?) lol. and the shoulder bells are done also:

Im going to have to try finish all this by friday for a costume theme.. So its very little time, I decided to use bandage plaster for the armour which I have done to the back. (No pics yet)

url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back