War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Since Sharkhead has been impossible to get ahold of, im going to go ahead and modify the files he gave me.. and make them peppable. The helmet files he was able to acquire i am almost certain (like 98%) are the files used in the iron man 2 website where you can go and "explore" the suits for both War machine AND Iron man. I accidently discovered this while watching the end credits scene of Iron Man 1.. Its the same helmet i have (seen here
) Pause it at like 4-5 seconds in and you can see all the intricate mouth piece details.. Identical. :)

This is war machine as it stands right now... I have to turn it into a lower poly model while still keeping as much of the shape as possible

WM5.jpg

WM4.jpg

WM3.jpg

WM2-2.jpg

WM1-1.jpg

Hi dubean, I"m 5'10 and muscular. My first attempt on this war machine is at 1.9 default scale. I found the thighs too narrow, and tall. The shoulder pods are too narrow but it fits perfectly in my body. Now, I pepped and resined the back and chest at 2.2. The space between the twin shoulder pods are perfect, but I think the size is too big. I am redoing my legs @ 1.7. Don't you think this is going to look weird? 2.2 on torso and 1.7 on legs? I am keeping the gauntlets guns at default scale. I am very confused whether we need to widen the twin shoulder pods and the thighs, or anyone with a muscular build has disadvantages on pep files.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys,

i know im new here but i have to say, i am now definitely building a War Machine suit with these pep files. is there any way someone would be awesome enough to send me the most updated Pep files of the whole suit including the helmet (if its available). i would be very appreciative. my email is deathbox@live.com . thank you for giving me my next major project!

also, the pics i have seen of the works in progress and finished armors are amazing! i hope mine will come out half as good!

looks like Adam opened registration up again..... :p

anyways, I'm lovin your work dude! I think I might work on this after my Jorge costume :)
Keep up the fantastic work!!

ok there are 72 pages to this thread and im not sure if this has been addressed or what not, but, the initial downloadable files for the War Machine armor only include the left gauntlet, thigh, bicep, and shin. i was wondering where i could get the right side versions of those or if someone could explain how to use the existing ones to make the right side ones. it would be much appreciated, i dont want a lopsided War Machine, lol.

if you are using the designer program you can click 'invert pattern' under the 2d menu option. then re-adjust the layout and print.

oh ****, it didnt even occur to me to look for an invert option! i feel like a moron, lol. thanks man. im way too tired to think.

do you mean Flip Pattern under the 2D menu?

when i hit that it looks like the print layout flips but the model doesnt.

You are correct. The print layout changes, but the actual 3d model does not. Be sure to double check the layout. Sometimes when you invert a pattern it makes some of the pieces overlap. If that happens just move the overlapped piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back