War wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giedrius

Jr Member
Hello all
passed a good amount of time since i last posted in here

for nex year convention i decided to make WAR from Darksiders video game

here re some pics of riped model from game and some weapons he has (cannon, scythe, pistol, gountlet and ofcourse his sword)
2a161899470541.jpg 66370899470594.jpg 3a571099470661.jpg 48365399470678.jpg e0be1199470703.jpg 89796399470734.jpg a0567799470745.jpg 9076cb99470759.jpg

tell me guys what you think about this costume

I must admit the idea to do this costume had occurred to me, but I was put off by the amunt it would cost to do it from scratch. I say good luck to you, and will be watching this thread eagerly!

i'll probably go with sword and pistol for weapons
as for armour i probably go half scratch build and half pepakura same as i'm doing my warhammer 40k costume, made pepakura models, now retracing them on foam.

hey guys
i was wondering which sword would suit this costume better

chaos eater
9be145100434553.jpg
or armageddon blade
7d403e100434541.jpg

chaoseater is maine weapon in game that u use to fight heaven and hells creatures, it has mulltiple skuls and conforted faces
armageddon blade is most powerful weapon capable of destroying "The Destroyer". it has nice symetric look, and litle engravings

I would go for the chaoseater, although you need to consider how hard the engravings might be, you could use styrofoam and make it out of that to get nice engravings...

good luck with the armor, because if you wan't to make it human-sized wearable, you'll run into a lot of problems with the oversized parts, because War is... well... he is just an oversized muscle-man

This would honestly be one of THE MOST AWESOME costumes ever created. Personally, I would be content with the sword. I just beat it on Apocalyptic 0.o

You would probably have to make a completely new 3d model custome sized to you. I believe 100% that it can be done though, no doubt.
I would suggest making the large left hand able to move using strings, a couple wheels, and some springs.

i was to make left hand a robotc, with few servos, because i have few of them laiyng around. as for models probably posible to make them to fit me.

but i encountered a huge obstecle. to make this model is was building a cnc mashine with friend, and our progeck kinda got blown awhay with university work and studies, so until i built my cnc mill, sthis project gets suspended. thats bad news, good news is i still have time to continue working on my Thousand sons costume from warhammer 40k (also im making one similar costume for my girlfriend)

i was to make left hand a robotc, with few servos, because i have few of them laiyng around. as for models probably posible to make them to fit me.

but i encountered a huge obstecle. to make this model is was building a cnc mashine with friend, and our progeck kinda got blown awhay with university work and studies, so until i built my cnc mill, sthis project gets suspended. thats bad news, good news is i still have time to continue working on my Thousand sons costume from warhammer 40k (also im making one similar costume for my girlfriend)

Looking at this thread inspired me to do the War costume, links are on my signature. Hope you like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back