Warhammer 40k apothecary Terminator build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here a couple more for the pile
IMG_20200826_195723301.jpg

Just a few more to finish. The 3d printers are still running full tilt atm. Have 3 statues left and 8 arches to go...

Wow, I use to paint WH 40k minis a long time ago, brings me back, but back to you, you have the 40k vibe down man, looks fanf@#$%&@tactic, masterful, I think your statues should stay white like marble or something!

Wow, I use to paint WH 40k minis a long time ago, brings me back, but back to you, you have the 40k vibe down man, looks fanf@#$%&@tactic, masterful, I think your statues should stay white like marble or something!
Thanx for the praise! I used to paint a ton of minis also and played the hell out of Spacehulk. I hear ya on the statue. I'll try 1 and see what happens. If I don't like the result, I can always flat black and gold antique it. I wonder if the print lines will screw with it, though? Marbel is a hard one to replicate. Maybe some other type of stone or concrete. Have to experiment

Base plate progress report. Finished up all the banners and got some structure glued. There was some prep work on the outer cladding to do so I can install each of these cathedrals as a whole unit. Figured out the buttresses also. Here's some pics
IMG_20200829_165302199.jpg
All the banners
IMG_20200830_164547243_HDR.jpgIMG_20200830_164609542.jpgIMG_20200830_164615162.jpg
Slot work on the cladding
IMG_20200830_190707165.jpgIMG_20200830_190718348.jpgIMG_20200830_191038290.jpg
Flying buttress work. These will get glued the the cathedral side and screwed to the base plate top. I'm hoping they slide right in like they were meant for it. With several of these in place, it gives it a neat, fluted appearance
IMG_20200830_191228870.jpg
The space in between is just begging for something, but don't know what yet. I don't want it to be too busy but something shrine like from the video game. We'll see. Thanx for looking and stay tuned for more...

So, thinking about the filler piece in between the buttresses I came up with this as a test piece
IMG_20200901_191902361.jpg
The white plastic kinda bleeds everything out and you can't see very well. I had to put some color on it just to see, honest
IMG_20200901_194310460.jpg
IMG_20200901_194638666.jpg

I think this one's a winner. Different things came to mind like chapter company markings and maybe a variety of storm Shields. In the end it just needs to be in the style of 40k. This is about the 7 1/2 foot tall suit of armor, not the display base. I get easily carried away in the details, as you can see. Thanx to every one of you guys and gals that stops by to take a look and leave a like or such. It means a lot. Stay tuned...

Here's some cookies fresh out the oven
IMG_20200907_151604136.jpg

I decided to mix it up a bit and made some mechanicus cogs for variety. These will go every other one in the gaps between the cathedrals. These will get grunge washed to tone down the off white a bit. Also made a couple quick, down and dirty stained glass panels.
IMG_20200907_171514551.jpg

IMG_20200907_194546045.jpg

I drew these on reg. copy paper and colored them in with water color markers and colored pencils. I was gonna try this on tracing paper thinking about lighting it from behind, but this will let enough through to back light it. They look good enough to me for keepers. Stay tuned and thanx for looking...

I havent been too active on the forums lately, and reading this makes me realize how much I need to reincorporate 405th time into my schedule because this is insane!!! All the different weapons and the stand a d the armor and... and... WOW!!! This is on an unfathomed next level!

I havent been too active on the forums lately, and reading this makes me realize how much I need to reincorporate 405th time into my schedule because this is insane!!! All the different weapons and the stand a d the armor and... and... WOW!!! This is on an unfathomed next level!
LOL, thanx for the comment. This "build has been going on for almost 2 years in Oct. I don't think it will ever really be "done". I keep finding things or weapons to build which sometimes is pia because I've got no less than 3 other projects that I'd like to make. 1 of them is close to 10 ft tall, don't know if that 1 will happen. Thanx for taking an interest in my thread!

This "build has been going on for almost 2 years in Oct. I don't think it will ever really be "done"
I definitely relate to that. My Spartan has been in works for over a year, and while it's "done" I've still got a bunch more planned for it.

I definitely relate to that. My Spartan has been in works for over a year, and while it's "done" I've still got a bunch more planned for it.
Part of it is that the more that you do this, the better your capabilities and skills progress. Things that were unattainable in the beginning are now doable. You try new things and find out you can do it! When I 1st started on this journey, the guys build that I was following was top of the heap so to say. I almost didn't even attempt to start, thinking " I'll never be able to get that good". But then that little voice piped in and here I am.

Last edited:
Part of it is that the more that you do this, the better your capabilities and skills progress. Things that were unattainable in the beginning are now doable. You try new things and find out you can do it! When I 1st started on this journey, the guys build that I was following was top of the heap so to say. I almost didn't even attempt to start thinking " I'll never be able to get that good". But then that little voice piped in and here I am.

Man Adeptmechanicus - that perfectly sums up my experiences so far. I have never felt qualified to work on my suit but as I go along I get more and more comfortable and am constantly impressed by how it is looking.

By the emperor that is beautiful. As a fellow dark angel fan im super curious what templates you used for this. Its absolutely beautiful. I attempted a dark angel a couple years back but I learned a hard lesson of high temp hot glue as it melted in the parking lot of the con. I have always wanted to come back to another 40k cosplay and wanted to do a Terminator but could never find templates for it.

Attachments

• 20190528_200744.jpg
    20190528_200744.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 248
  • 20170705_062935.jpg
    20170705_062935.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 258
By the emperor that is beautiful. As a fellow dark angel fan im super curious what templates you used for this. Its absolutely beautiful. I attempted a dark angel a couple years back but I learned a hard lesson of high temp hot glue as it melted in the parking lot of the con. I have always wanted to come back to another 40k cosplay and wanted to do a Terminator but could never find templates for it.
I got the Terminator files over on Obscurus Crusade.com. The files are the same 1s for paper that are floating around. They were optimized for foam (simplified). Sadly they aren't over there any more, I've looked. If you wanted them bad enough, I can dig around and see if I can find them. I think the paper files are still there. Also they might be over at therpf.com. As far as glue, I went right out of the gate with Barge. Haven't had any issues yet. Thanx for looking at my build, For the Lion!

Here's some small progress pics on the stained "glass" panels
IMG_20200921_194300921.jpg
IMG_20200921_194310669.jpg
IMG_20200921_194322439.jpg

A couple of these you've seen already. The outlines look a little hairy, but it's like the black surround on your windshield. It's just to fill the gaps. I've got 11 total atm that are drawn, have to come up with a few more. Stay tuned...

Banging 'em out
IMG_20200927_200326458.jpg
IMG_20200927_200335172.jpg
IMG_20200927_200340941.jpg
IMG_20200927_200346863.jpg
1 left to color in and these are done. Now as I mentioned before, these are on the cartoony looking side. That's what will sell the "miniature" aspect of this whole base plate. Just my luck people will spend more time on their hands and knees looking at all the small bits instead of the armor suit haha. Thanx for looking...

Last one, The Emperor of mankind
IMG_20200930_195752675_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

This 1 kinda went sideways and doesn't have too much of the stained glass panel look. But I had fun messing with my colored pencils for a couple hours on this . I used to do a ton of artwork with them and they are my go to tool for stuff like this. Maybe sometime I'll post some pics of some of my stuff Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back