Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey pal nice to see you back in the Armouricum again!

Those files look great - I may borrow that abs design and apply it to my own build but free craft the edges to fit with Judge's chest file :)

My WIP is going fine thanks - progress is slow as of late, all the files are pepped but we're having some bad weather here in Scotland which is preventing me getting outside to do the resin coats. Also I had to move all my pep pieces out to my parents home as they were driving my girl crazy haha.

Anyway your GK stuff looks cool - keep up the good work.

I think Judge is progressing slowly but steadily too.

P.S. Ex GW here too haha :) I actually went and dug out a load of unpainted Assault Marines last night to paint again as I haven't done it in a long time ;)

/salute

CLEANSE, PURGE, KILL!

Hey Chwbcc, yes I'm still here floating around. GK's look very promising, I'm looking forward to seeing someone make one of those.

My suit has not changed much since my last update. I really do have to get back to it. I've been a bit slack & lazy, started a War Machine Build also, got engaged to my lady & am about to a do a quick course with an Australian SFX company. I'm hoping this will lead to something more.

Getting back to your models though, my friend just saw your Termy model & has put it on top of his wish list so I guess I know what I'll be doing soon.

Your 3d skills have progressed extremely well, good work so far. I'm liking all the models.

I'll definitely be getting a folder of your files.

Keep pumping out the awesomeness.

Judge

It's good to hear everyone is still alive an well! I really want to see one of these suits finished and now tha I am getting better at the Maya thing I am putting together some of my favorites helms. Here is another More accurate Grey Knight Helm... and a Grey Knight Teminator Helm.

I'm out sick from work todat and I just bought a new printer cartridge but the smallest piece I can pep takes 15 pieces of paper and I only have 13!!! Argh... I can't squeese the pepakura together any more!!!

BUT...

Pay Day tomorrow and I am going to the store to get more card stock some tape and a quart of resin... I'm feeling like a kid at christmas!

More Grey Knight Files:

Grey Knight Helm Version 2

Space_Marine---Grey_Knight---Helm%20V2.jpg

PDO:

Grey Knight Helm Version 2

Work In progress: Grey Knight Terminator

Space_Marine---Grey_Knight---Termie.jpg

Grey-Knight-Terminator-Teaser-1.jpg

I started making a grey knight helmet a while back, but gave up and worked on something else. Good thing, too. Yours looks a lot better than mine would have been. Well done!

chwbcc, I will see what I can do on reference photos. I started making Corteaz' Deamon Hammer. dunno what happened to it.................

Anyhoo, pic of Purity Seal as promised:

Looking good, but personally I would like it more if there was better definition(?) between the main helmet and the face guard.

So to summarize, I would like it allot more if it was a MedDef helm :p

Roadwarrior said:
Looking good, but personally I would like it more if there was better definition(?) between the main helmet and the face guard.

So to summarize, I would like it allot more if it was a MedDef helm :p

On the Termie? I agree. The whole body and face guard is a place holder for now. I'm looking for some good references right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giedrius said:
ok random topic unrealted question

why did u chosed MAYA instread 3ds MAX?

I have several friends that work in the movie industry or game industry and they use Maya over Max. Their opinion is Max is like Sony Vegas where Maya is like Adobe Premiere. In most cases studios are using both but the dominate program is Maya.

I only know one friend who swears by Max and his reason is because it's easier to use. They basically do the same thing, I've only used Maya because I eventually want to work in the movie industry and that is what they are using. South Park is created in Maya, G.I.JOE was created in Maya, and Avatar was created in Maya. If it's good enough for WETA it's good enough for me! :p

Things to note: I have noticed that the version of Maya I have is pretty locked down to the export features. I am pretty limited to what I can do. luckily most sculpt programs support Maya files. I am using Maya 8 so I am a bit behind the times. But it's what I have.

Are you using Max? Have you used Maya? What pro and cons do you find?

i'm using max 2010 edition. i started modeling about 4 years ago and began on goole skechup. i had maya but i jhust didnt liked it, whell max has some realy grereat renders (internal and external), easy to use, exports to alomost all file types you need, like fbx, 3ds, obj and many others i haved used. i like interface of max.

only bad thing i notticed that it takes realy lkong time to start up, ~30s, but i can live with it.

maybe can u sedn me some ref pics for GH terminator head?

Giedrius said:
i'm using max 2010 edition. i started modeling about 4 years ago and began on goole skechup. i had maya but i jhust didnt liked it, whell max has some realy grereat renders (internal and external), easy to use, exports to alomost all file types you need, like fbx, 3ds, obj and many others i haved used. i like interface of max.

only bad thing i notticed that it takes realy lkong time to start up, ~30s, but i can live with it.

maybe can u sedn me some ref pics for GH terminator head?

I get most of my references from Forge World or the Bitz Box

Bitz Box

Forge World

Pardon my ignorance, but whats the difference between the grey knight armor and the regular mk VII aquilla space marine armor? (other than the helmet, I know that.)

unsc_marine said:
Pardon my ignorance, but whats the difference between the grey knight armor and the regular mk VII aquilla space marine armor? (other than the helmet, I know that.)

Hey no worries... Check out some of these references:

The suits are similar so you really could just use a basic marine and modify most of the pieces to resemble a GK. However there are a few differences that are unique to only GK.

1) The legs are one piece Terminator legs

2) the chest and Back are a modified Marine but the backpack is incorporated in the back similar to a Terminator, just not as square.

3) Hip Plates

4) Hands are more like Medieval Gauntlets than gloves with plates

5) Shoulders have the extended rim around the top.

6) Most of the details are embedded/etched in the armor instead of being mounted on top.

These are the basics Marines, Terminators are even more detailed.

100_1393.JPG

3205037223_72813d86ae.jpg

They are a merfect misture of Medieval and Sci-fi. IMO.

Ok thanks. They definately look cool. So then would those files not work for a regular marine, or would they just need some modification?

unsc_marine said:
Ok thanks. They definately look cool. So then would those files not work for a regular marine, or would they just need some modification?

if you search for Samuray and nintendude's WH40k posts they both have sets of standard marine armor, if you dont want to do a Grey Knight

and if you look for mine you can find some of the pieces that differentiate for a Tech Marine

Samuray

My thread

Nintendude

A couple of questions about the GK files. Are they going to be unfolded anytime soon? Also, the back of the chest is flat for where the backpack goes, correct? The back of the cod is also flat, is that for the same reason? Because it seems like that would be hard to sit down in. Great files though.

Chwbcc clears away the rubble... "Who else is here with me? Marines sound off!"

I will be doing some thread maintenance to make things all perty again. This thread will mark the transition from the old site to the new. All the information will be consolidated into the first post and continued from here.

I hope to hear from you all to see how your progress is going.

Peace,

Chwbcc clears away the rubble... "Who else is here with me? Marines sound off!"

I will be doing some thread maintenance to make things all perty again. This thread will mark the transition from the old site to the new. All the information will be consolidated into the first post and continued from here.

I hope to hear from you all to see how your progress is going.

Peace,

*shouts* FOR THE EMPORER!
my builds moving along, though I've that of a way to make it better again but I dont have time for another rebuild befoer D*C
I'd be working on mine right now if I wasnt in orlando currently helping my friend w/ his stormtrooper and checking out the university
as soon as I get back my chainsword will be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back