Warning if you use school computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must suck to be in high school. Thank god I'm in college!

My freshmen & sophomore years of high school were pretty interesting computerwise tho. I had a lot of computer geek friends who were getting their CISCO certification which meant that they could basically redo the entire school network in about 2 hours if they wanted to. One of my friends would actually down the network at least once a month because of some dumbass thing that he was always trying. And another one of my friends would always hack the remote access panel and surf the teachers' & students' computers from the library. He'd really mess with the student ones too, he'd shut them down right when they were in the middle of something important which we all found hilarious.

the filters at my school are VERY flawed, they block everything, even the 405th for the "games" category.

wanna know the funny part though? 4CHAN ISN'T BLOCKED :p
none of the *chan sites are blocked, as a matter of fact. probably because they never heard or want to go there.

i just use the secure server url.....https:// instead of http://, it works for facebook and some others, but we need a secure server here, so we can access it.

Hellbringer17 said:
odd, the 405th works fine on my school computers.........it isn't blocked at all :) But this year my school wisened up. Now we can't get on Youtube or Google video and we can't even change the background! :(
at least you got some youtube at school, i never had any at my school

Last edited by a moderator:
well, you used to be able to get on it, but VERY rarely, because it was always blocked, but apparently if you just keep refreshing the page, it'll eventually work.

I got on here first period every day before class started (a computer class) for about a month last year and they blocked it. I don't use proxies cus thats a surefire way at my school to get caught (and I can't even erase my web history). I haven't tried command prompts or the alta vista route. I just have to wait till I get home. The teachers have the same restrictions as the students here too, which is a pain for them cus sometimes educational sites are blocked.

Also the reason proxies aren't allowed is because not only is that site blocked for a 'reason' (405th shouldn't be blocked IMO),but they open the whole network up to viruses an the such like.

I used certain program that allowed me to use the internet like normal when I was in a multimedia class. I used it all year with no problems :p.

Ral Partha said:
LOL! Looks like none of you realized that this is a nearly 2-year-old thread resurrected by themaster465. :lol:

Oro? O.O

I honestly didn't check as theres like a page and a half of recent posts (that aren't yelling about necro) I didn't bother to check and see if it was...

lol, well whats done is done and since its so active now *shrug*

Ral Partha said:
LOL! Looks like none of you realized that this is a nearly 2-year-old thread resurrected by themaster465. :lol:

Fail. but this topic is active now, so i guess we could continue.

Well, the security at our school is bad, but my C++ class all bypass the system, anyway. We have tricks to mask what we do online, and the IT department really isn't the brightest.

What really gets me though, is that our IT department blames programming classes for crashing our school-wide student server drive, P: (a 2Tb on-site drive that can get REALLY slow on busy days) because we played Counter Strike 1.6 on the computers. Normally, thats a good argument, but they're wrong. We don't use the P: drive, we use our own custom K: drive given to us by our teacher.

But our IT department is all Microsoft Certified... so what can you do...

My class is thinking about telling the administration that we'll do the IT department's job for free, and do it better.

Ral Partha said:
well.....the filters at school still suck, more proxies get b& everyday.

rvb4life said:
well.....the filters at school still suck, more proxies get b& everyday.

eventually they will have to start banning .edu website (he he)

they might as well block google, since 99% of the sites are blocked anyway.

i got /po/, /mu/ and /b/, so im good.

my school made teh bad mistake of not blocking c-promt, that was a bad idea i told people how to ping stuff, and then our it dept. cought on, programing c++ is fun for getting passed blockers

Considering how nobody realized this thread is like, two years old(One of the largest necros I've ever seen), I'll leave it open since there is actually some active discussion :p.

Just to add to it, if I ever encounter a blocked site at school, I just use a web based proxy that I've password protected on one of my servers. It works great, hard for them to pick up on too.

-Doom

Internet school blocks are the easiest thing bypass at my old middle school lol. I was getting all my friends on myspace and whatnot. All you had to do was type in the address on google and click the link RREEAALLYY fast, and wala! your on teh site! and my tech ed teacher was awesome, so if he knew about it (i dont think he did) he wouldnt have cared.

reactor beam said:
Internet school blocks are the easiest thing bypass at my old middle school lol. I was getting all my friends on myspace and whatnot. All you had to do was type in the address on google and click the link RREEAALLYY fast, and wala! your on teh site! and my tech ed teacher was awesome, so if he knew about it (i dont think he did) he wouldnt have cared.
um.....speed shouldnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back